PC Birmingham Cross City Bug Posting Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 17, 2022.

1. At Sutton Coldfield the track texture is messed up.

20221119_233925.jpg

As mentioned above the 3d ballast still isn't loading properly!

2. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Becasue I think I posted in the wrong thread I repeat it here.

1. At the top of the Lickey incline just after the whistle board the track seems to turn quite sharply and it isn't super elevated. It might not supposed to be super elevated but it seems to sharp a turn for a 75mph limit. I reference this video from 3:17 in:
    Although the HST in the video is probably doing a much lower speed at this point than the 323 can manage it seems much more gentle a turn after the whistle board. Maybe it is just me?

2. Just in case you don't already know there is no or very little sound coming from the 323 in a very small patch of New Street Station. At the Lichfield end for me. I think I have seen someone else mention it already but it seemed about a patch 75 yards long as previously mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. graham.haddon

Please find attached a screenshot of a speed board lieing down before the 45MPH speed reduction in to Lichfield City. It is a few hundred yards back from my showing location on screen

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. graham.haddon

5. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

This is always DTG’s stock response but I just don’t buy it. As I’ve said before, either UE4 is absolute junk as an engine or something else is going on. I can’t think of a single other game I’ve ever played where something so fundamental is missing and performance is blamed as the cause.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The running in signs at Chester Road say "for Baldmere" - This is a typo - it should say Boldmere.

baldmere.jpg

7. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

GSMR screen goes blank whilst driving along but isn’t ‘off’

8. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

Are you running engine.ini tweaks? Mine is completely vanilla and a couple of friends are having the same problem with a stock engine.ini file.

9. Boerboel85

Boerboel85 Active Member

Station stops seem to be really quick, by the time the doors have opened it feels like I am closing them again

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

This bug also exists on east coastway at Lewes.

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope they fix the brightness of signals on the route. Seeing PC mods that does this makes a huge difference, but no mods are accessible on PS5 :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The only ini mod I have is one that loads all the textures at full quality regardless of how far away they are.

Perhaps in this case, the signals aren’t loading in their full model/texture quality, which is why they appear blank. Though this is only a theory.

13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This was introduced with DCZ. Basically it saves having to hang around if running late. However although the circle completes, you have to keep the doors open until departure time.

14. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

It's definitely a LOD issue after speaking to some people and testing it out myself. It loads the texture in further away and then the closer you get, it pops out again (I'm guessing the LODs are backwards?)

15. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Agreed. If dovetail want our money then they should at least make sure the product is tested tested and tested again. I'm only really interested in uk routes and have most of the ones I want but it's sh1t that you have to read a forum to see what new dlc s like before you buy it and you can't just rely on the fact that it's complete.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I'm noticing the drivers door clunk noise between 3 - 5 mph isn't always working. but it's only a minor issue.

17. Bravo2six

Trouble I find, is that people are expecting perfection, and that just simply isn't ever going to happen.
    No game release is ever perfect, is BCC playable? Yes
    are there bugs? yes
    are there graphical issues? yes.

But it's not totally broken or sketchy if you'll be able to finish your journey or not.
    I've seen worse launches for far more money.

• Like Like x 5
  18. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I feel like it’s more up to you when you close the doors on this route. Obviously if you’re early you can leave them open but you don’t have to lock the doors immediately when it says lock doors. Just depends if you think you can reach the next station on time and if you’re early/late. Playing realistically you’d probably leave the doors open for 20-30 second’s regardless of how late you are

• Like Like x 2
  19. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

I mentioned this on the RailDriver thread, but it probably belongs here really.

The 'Alert' button on RailDriver only works intermittently to acknowledge the AWS. I've checked on SouthEastern High Speed and that works fine, so it's definitely a 323 issue, not a TSW3 issue.

Most times it works OK, but on occasions it fails to respond, and when that happens pressing it multiple times does not help. I've tried pressing the button 3 times in rapid succession every time I get an AWS warning, but it makes no difference.

There's clearly some underlying difference in the way the 323 interacts with this RailDriver button as compared to using the keyboard, because when you press 'Q' the AWS button in the cab always visually depresses (whether there's an AWS warning or not) but when you press 'Alert' it never does - even though that does sometimes work in acknowledging the AWS.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I have noticed intermittent response to the 'Alert' button on my Rail Driver, so some time ago I just went back to the 'Q' key. In fact, I tend to drive using a hybrid method of using both keyboard and Rail Driver.

21. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I like it like this. It means you can wait until your normal departure time if you're running on time, but not having to wait ages for boarding to happen if you're running late.

• Like Like x 2
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

If you read this thread then you are going to think it is awful and unplayable (there are some who want to think that).

But the reality is, from my perspective at least is yes, there are bugs and errors, some very small and ones many wouldn't notice if they hadn't been pointed out on here, I hadn't noticed some, others more baffling as to how they go through, but overall the experience is positive.

• Like Like x 7
  23. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I have noticed that a number of the roads have got a strange texture TSW3_Coppo_1668968798_00 - Copy.png

24. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Not sure that this is a bug. But..
    Why is this wooden TSW3_Coppo_1668860067_00.png post here?

25. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

It is embarrassing that obvious issues aren’t picked up during testing. Incorrect PIS, trains rolling back when you take over a train mid-journey and errors in the timetable. These things are the basics.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Andy L

Andy L Member

You seem to be making the assumption that because those issues are present at release they weren't noticed during testing. They may well have been but the desire to meet the release schedule could have led to the dlc being released in its current state irrespective of what was picked up. I doubt we'll ever know unless DTG come clean.

• Like Like x 1
  27. andyscotland

Well utterly shameful of DTG if that IS the case

• Like Like x 1
  28. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It was stated in a live stream Q&A session that DLC would now get a period of fixing and polishing and a guaranteed patch shortly after release. I thought at the time that this may mean routes get released with more unfinished bits left in and the patch becomes the ‘real’ deadline for the route as well as including some player feedback led fixes in that patch. It’ll be interesting to see if some of the unfinished scenery in this route is completed by the time that patch comes along.

• Like Like x 3
  29. andyscotland

DTG shouldn't be using US as Guinea pigs, best thing we could do collectively is to not buy dlc until a patch has been released then surely? Seems like a good motivation for them to release dlc as close to bug free as possble in my eyes

• Like Like x 1
  30. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

DTG face a difficult choice. They cannot delay a release indefinitely, because lots of players would be upset if that happened. So, if there are minor scenery elements that are missing or need correction and they're out of time, it kind of makes sense to release it anyway with a promise to patch it soon after launch. Then players can decide whether to go ahead and purchase or wait for the patch if they don't want to play with a missing fence or a minor sound glitch or what have you. Plus, people who go ahead and play the route can find bugs and report them and perhaps they will be included in the patch.

There are some fairly minor glitches in Cajon Pass, but they don't stop me from enjoying a route that I was itching to play. I hope they are fixed at some point. Are they still " polishing " Cajon? Don't know. Hope so.

It's a choice we make pretty much every time. Sometimes you buy despite the bugs, and sometimes you don't. Sometimes the patch comes quickly and sometimes it takes a millenium.

Either way, most of us can't stop buying and playing. It's a hobby for some, an obsession for many.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Service 3S02 about 5 miles from Bromsgrove I'm seeing the sun shining on the trees in the middle of a snowstorm.
    20221121014819_1.jpg

Had a random engine shutdown too.

• Like Like x 1
  32. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

I found two more bugs:
    Sometimes high-resolution textures don't load for some reason. Like the warning sign in the picture.
    20221120023103_1.jpg
    The second one I think is more of a core engine bug but people hold the umbrella at an very interesting angle.(happens quite often)
    20221121022321_1.jpg

33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As far as I’m aware, all DLC has had issues when released and commercial pressures will always be present. I don’t think that will change and I would prefer a few graphical errors at release than bugs that actually make the game harder to play and things that just don’t work. No DLC is going to be completely without issues. Many players already wait for a patch or a patch and a sale or just a sale to buy DLC and that is likely to be more so now that the price has increased. If a guaranteed patch comes a few weeks after launch and increases the overall quality of a route then for a lot of players that is actually a win but there will always be players who are willing to put up with a few more bugs to get the route first. As I say, it will be interesting to see how much of what the community notices gets attention and to see if the route is better quality because of it. All guinea pigs are willing volunteers and without them those of us who do wait would potentially end up with a lesser product in the end. It’s impossible to know right now of it’s a good approach and if we will end up with a better experience in the long run. Waiting to purchase has always had its advantages.

• Like Like x 3
  34. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

If they’re going down this road then they ought to state on their store page then that you are effectively purchasing a beta, or an incomplete, version. Nowhere does it say ‘FYI, in purchasing this product you are a Guinnea Pig’.

Intentionally selling something as a finished product when you absolutely know that not to be the case is the definition of false advertising, surely?

In this instance there is no excuse at all for the missing scenery on the branch line, which simply cannot have been an oversight. It must have been deliberate and is therefore exceptionally sketchy in my book, particularly as they (presumably) intentionally concealed it’s absence on the pre-release stream.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  35. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

The GSMR also appears to stop working mid-journey. The screen goes blank and when you try to turn it back on you get the 'Confirm Deregister' option. I've noticed it when arriving at Birmingham New Street.

• Like Like x 2
  36. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Is the Blackwell Goods Loop disconnected in real life now, or is this a glitch? This is the line to the left on the Lickey.

Edit. ^Apparently it's been disconnected in real life. Ignore me.

Also scenario planner needs more use of New St platforms. We can only use two which makes populating the station impossible. There also needs to be some fast line paths added between New St and Bromsgrove and vice versa. Currently the only fast line path runs BMV to KNN platform 4 for the RHTT depot

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  37. andyscotland

Flower pots also don't appear to be saving as having been filled either.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

The roller coaster gradients in and out of New Street are crazy, are these accurate? Was it like this in steam days before the rebuild?

39. OldVern

If the intention is to release then fix (maybe) then the price should reflect that.

• Like Like x 1
  40. OldVern

I wondered about that during my brief ownership of the route. The platform ends and throats AFAIK are not on a gradient and the 10 MPH limit applies between the tunnel portals at both ends.

41. andyscotland

There is gradients either side of new street, especially from the southern side of the city I think, certainly coming in on the WCML there is

42. OldVern

Yes the approaches are steeply graded but not the station throat or platforms at either end, to the best of my knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Phil567

Phil567 New Member

1228 Longbridge to Litchfield Trent valley service 2P42 seems to start at Bromsgrove and not Longbridge ?

44. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Mastery Tier II won't unlock

20.png

45. Phil567

Phil567 New Member

When finishing a service and returning to free roam after securing the train , I quite like to watch the train continue under AI control . However after getting off the train having secured it , train often seems to start rolling ( even with passenger doors open) , as if brakes are not applied , but then emergency brakes kick in , train stops , but then train rolls again . This process repeats until eventually the train goes through an often red signal , which then ends the whole service!

46. 365Networker

365Networker New Member

The gradients in New Street are actually pretty much spot-on - if anything they are slightly gentler than in reality. The gradients can be seen quite clearly in the Video 125 cab ride. If you watch videos onboard a 323 at new street you will be able to hear the driver controlling the speed with the brakes on the slightly downward gradient from five ways, just under halfway into the platform, then you hear the resistance on the motors gradually increase - slowing the train without the brakes. This can be seen in the video I have included below:-
    Skip to 8:43

47. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

agreed, sometimes the passenger load circle on the HUD has finished before the doors have finished opening, passengers need to be lightning quick if they want to get off/on

48. Bravo2six

I actually REALLY like this feature and wish all routes had it. I usually arrive a late and it really bugs me that I can't close doors early to make up time. So on this route when the timetable seems sketchy that you can travel 1 mile in 1 minute from a standing start, you can make that time up real quick.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Isn't this how it is in rl? A train making more frequent stops or a stopper will have less time for loading to keep on schedule than a fast train that hardly stops.

50. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

if its intentional then its fine but its just a bit odd when its telling me all passengers have loaded before the doors have even finished fully opening