PC P Z B ... What's Happening Here?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Dakota, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Dakota

Dakota Member

I thought I would see a flashing 1000Hz light and be given 2-ish seconds to hit the "vigilance key" (PZB Ack - Page Down). But nope... it just applies the penalty brake directly.

On the other hand if I repeatedly smash and hold the PZB Ack key as I approach and pass the flashing green I can get it to show the steady 1000 Hz light and press on. No flashing light???

But why in heck would I need to ack a PZB alert coming out of the station at less than 20 K/h when restricted speed is 45?
    I don't understand.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

Although the hud says 'safe to release', you should never release pzb if you are approaching a signal that shows anything else than a clear (steady green) aspect. Otherwise you'll get an 'unsafe release' emergency brake. I don't think you released though, based on the display (watched first video without sound).

Furthermore PZB is one big bug on Rapid Transit. I don't drive the route anymore because of this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Like above. Do not release when approaching signal other than clear.

4. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

In this particular case you should not have gotten a penalty brake application because you passed the flashing green signal with a yellow "8" (Ks 1 with Zs 3v "8") traveling slower than 95 km/h (i.e 15 km/h above the announced limit).

This is only true for announced limits of 80 or 90 km/h, though, for announced limits of 70 km/h or below, you have to acknowledge them (within 2.5 seconds after passing the magnet on modern trains) even if you are already traveling below the announced limit. When traveling slowly, like in your videos, it can be wise to press the PZB acknowledge key repeatedly, because you never know when exactly the receiver on the train will have passed the magnet.

You will never get a "flashing 1,000-Hertz lamp" in those situations, though. Instead, the 1,000-Hertz lamp will turn on (or turn off and turn on again immediately in case of repeated monitorings) after you successfully acknowledged (then you can stop pressing the key).

PZB O and the Talented Tempomat (Train Sim World | PZB tutorial)

In your videos there was no problem with releasing at all. In general, though, operating rules prohibit you from releasing if you can't be sure that there will be no (new) 1,000-Hertz or 500-Hertz monitoring within 550 meters after the yellow 1,000-Hertz lamp came off. Otherwise you will get an immediate penalty brake application if you are traveling faster than the monitoring you released from allowed (in case of a new 1,000-Hertz monitoring) respectively regardless of the speed traveled (in case of a 500-Hertz monitoring).

So don't release if you are closing in on a red or in front of yellows, flashing greens or anything else that must be acknowledged. From what I have seen you can't always trust the PZB helper on that.

PZB Specials – Releasing from PZB Monitoring (Train Sim World | PZB tutorial)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Could not make out from the video if release was used or not, but I had an emergency brake due to unauthorized release in the tunnels of that route without ever using that key, so I would indeed assume there is something wrong.

6. Dakota

Dakota Member

I never released. All I did was mash the Ack (page down key) over and over in the second video. In the first video it was 100% hands off.

Anyway thanks all especially tygerways#2596. Your videos are so very excellent! I have learned so much so many things over the last few weeks by watching them. No one else even comes close. THANK YOU!! My first one was the Talented Tempomat one and it is wonderful.

Everyone else looking for German train instructions see this:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEcMfBievhQSgsuJArLFqIO7CB2XUGbQ7

He also has other play lists for other types of trains.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Wow, enchanted to read this, thank you very much!
    I am very happy that you liked me sharing my enthusiasm about the game.
    This also sends a message to DTG, that we, the community, very much do appreciate properly working signaling and safety systems, cab gauges and controls and such in the game, and putting in effort there is effort well spent.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dakota

Dakota Member

I do like it! Plus your English is excellent particularly your extensive and precise vocabulary. Good point about the operational/safety systems, signals, indicators, etc. Vital for a deep understanding and enjoyment. Eye candy is secondary to me at least.

Thanks again!!

• Like Like x 2