Is Bristol To Exeter Quick Drive Enabled ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VION, Nov 22, 2018.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hello all,

I purchased sometime ago in 2012 year this Bristol to Exeter route directly from the Just Trains shop. Now this route is sale on Steam shop but I would n't to purchase again this route.
    This route version from just trains is n't in Quick Drive listed but someone wrote a review on Steam plateforme saying this route is Quick drive enabled. I don't saw in the description of this route on Steam anywhere it is Quick drive enabled.
    So my question is : does this Steam version of Bristol to Exeter route is Quick drive enabled or not ? True or false ?
    Another question : is there a way to switch this route as Quick drive enabled and if yes how to do ?

Thanks you for the help and answers in advance.

Cheers
    Gerard

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Contact JT directly as it's the same product. Even if you downloaded it back in the day you should be able to download the update from the JT website.

3. VION

VION Active Member

Thanks for your answer ;-)
    Yes that what I done. their response was it is sadly not QD listed. The two versions from JT and Steam are exactly the same.

But is there a way to switch this route as Quick drive enabled and how to proceed/do if possible ?

And yes I downloaded again recently (few days ago) from JT shop but no more chance this route isn't QD enabled.
    But someone on Steam said in his review about this route she was QD enabled so I'm confused.

Cheers
    Gerard

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  4. VION

VION Active Member

Hello,

I asked on Steam "get help and advice" forum about the same subject, and someone answered and confirmed the steam version of Bristol to Exeter route is well Quick Drive enabled and listed on the Quick Drive list. So these two versions B-E route aren't the same like Just Trains support stated in their response to me. The fact is the old one route purchased in 2012 year on Just Trains web shop by me haven't be updated to be Quick Drive enabled and the one version on Steam is updated. I have relaunched a support request to Just Trains to say them they aren't true. These two versions aren't the same as one from Steam is quick drive listed and the old one from their web shop isn't.

Cheers
    Gerard

5. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

you can make your own quickdrive scenario

6. VION

VION Active Member

yes but is it possible on a route which isn't QD enabled ? Xcuse me for the noob question.

7. VION

VION Active Member

Good all is done now. I created a copy of the Bristol to Exeter route including the scenarios and worked with one of the scenario placing a new Quick drive route marker and a spawn player marker somewhere with the right direction orientation then created the list of the paths along the route.
    Now my copy of B-E route is quick drive enabled. Thank you for your support and overall for the advices given on Steam forum.

Problem solved.

Cheers
    Gerard

8. Course carriage

Course carriage Member

9. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Hi all,
    Just to confirm that this route is QD. I have just run it from the QD launch page. It was the last route to be shown in the selection window. Now I have both the JT and Steam versions. But I believe it is the steam version I have running as it auto downloaded when I reinstalled TS2019(strangely enough it is one of the few routes I am not having problems with). I believe that you can add this route to your steam DLC if you have the instillation code. I cannot remember how I did it or that I might have repurchased it.