Taurus Mountain - 63338 Freight Service

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by OldVern, Nov 20, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

On the above Standard scenario you have to move the locos from the loco shed to the freight yard at Yenice.

First is a cosmetic issue in that you have to drive through the closed shed door.

However after traversing the loco shed throat you come up to a signal at red controlling access to the yard. It does not clear and cannot be tabbed past. Attempting to go past at red results in a SPAD. I had to disable SPAD in the Settings and try again to get past it, so I could drive to the other end of the yard then reverse onto the freight wagons. (Which as posted in the other thread derailed both the locos and train attempting to couple at ~4 km/h).

2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi, have tried and managed to TAB past the signal did you set the points first then try TAB as that seemed to work for me?

3. OldVern

AFAIK yes, I had set the points beforehand.

4. andmodeltrain

andmodeltrain Member

Hello OldVern. Thanks for your precious feedback about Taurus Mountains. Let me answer some of your questions:
    1- Shed doors at Yenice Depot can be openable. Just click any door and you are gonna see that it will raise. Please watch the video I uploaded 2 years ago:

2- Red signal is a common occasion one can see thru driving on a CTC line. I have tried to explain this in both the manual and the ATS & Signals scenario. That signal you're struggling is guarding the CTC line from a non-CTC line. Hence, it will always show red to one who's coming from depot tracks. First you have to manually set the points and get a red permission with TAB. Both we and DTG have tested this scenario many times and we have never encountered this problem. Would be wonderful if you can send some ss' or video while this is happening.

3- We are already working on a post-release update which aims to solve all kind of issues, including the notorious "low speed derail" problem and some performance hickups. We are trying to change the speed limits of the scenarios based on the timetable so you can drive without need to look at the paper.

I will inform the community about the process once we got the issues corrected. Thanks again for your feedback.

5. andmodeltrain

andmodeltrain Member

OldVern I think I found the problem in the scenario. The cause of the problem is that the manual switch to the first stop is not set. Actually, when we first prepared the scenario, this point was set on the right path, but somehow later on, the junction changed again. Please review the screenshots below, it will be clearer what I mean.
    63338Freight_01.jpg

63338Freight_02.jpg

63338Freight_03.jpg

63338Freight_04.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. OldVern

Understood. If I start the scenario from the beginning again I will check, though hopefully it can be patched.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You have to check the points are set - not sure why it would need a patch?