PC Ts World Raildriver And Joystick Interface

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CobraOne, Nov 8, 2022.

1. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

I am the creator of the TS Classic Raildriver and Joystick Interface found here:-

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ts-classic-raildriver-and-joystick-interface.72488/

Due to the lack of support for any Joystick in TSW2 and 3, I decided to see if I could rewrite the PieHid64.dll that TSW uses to talk to the Raildriver, and have it talk to both the Raildriver and Joysticks.

This new program “TSW Raildriver & Joystick Interface” is the result.

It allows you to use the Raildriver or a Joystick, including a Arduino configured as a Joystick to control TSW2 and 3 (I haven't tested on 3 as I don't own it). You simply copy a new PieHid64.dll into the TSW binaries folder located in
    SteamApps\Common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Binaries\ThirdParty\
    PieHid\Binaries,
    run my program, assign your Joystick levers and buttons to the in game loco levers and buttons (Raildriver will be set automatically if detected), click the "Start Callback" button and run TSW.

You can download both a Quick Start guide and the main program zip file from my dropbox account here
    Main Program
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/os02....0.5.zip?rlkey=v5bx0ryqhtol1gvxt3d91nk2a&dl=1
    Quick Start Guide
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/usv1....0.0.pdf?rlkey=r9up8ze24xtp49yyj5g4bcg5k&dl=1
    DirectX
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109

For security reasons, I will not share the folder as it will allow people to alter my files.
    To download the files, simply hover your mouse over the required file and to the right you will see the Download option appear. Click it to download the file.

Consider this the first Beta version although I have tested it to destruction the best I can so hopefully you won't have any problems.
    As the program can also have individual lever maps and button maps assigned to each loco I will be writting a full instruction manual over the next week or so to highlight the programs full potential.
    Those who have used my version for TS Classic will be very familiar with how the new version work.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024 at 7:53 AM
    • Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

Thanks for your efforts on this, I will look forward to trying it, your TSC version is fantastic

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. zappatime

Hi CobraOne, for the most part this seems to be working ok for me as your TSC version does, however, if I edit and assign a lever map (for say, an older diesel loco, like the NTP Class 45) to have ‘Throttle’ (rather than ‘ThrottleAndBrake’ - as you have set it), it does not seem to register the throttle axis movement (though the master joystick assignment recognises the throttle (only) lever ok when assigned). Diesel locos all seem to have ‘ThrottleAndBrake’ lever assigned in their lever maps, from what I could see, rather than just a Throttle control. If I use the default (i.e. throttle and brake combined) assignment you gave the Class 45, for instance, theres a dead zone over the first half of the throttle lever movement and a very narrow range of movement for the actual throttle variation, presumably because it thinks its looking at a combined throttle and brake control lever (?)

Hope I’ve made myself clear, this is a great step forward for anybody wishing to make their own controller, so I’m really pleased youve got this up and running! (I’m using buttons and levers on pots via a Leo Bodner BU0836X Interface).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  5. Expressdriver

Expressdriver New Member

Thank you so so much for this software. For TSC classic this was a real breakthrough for use of joysticks, and to now have it for TSW is even better. After trying it out I’m struggling to control the sensitivity of it. I’m using flight hotas and when I move the controller not much happens and then it goes into either full brake or full throttle. I’ve tried the 387 and 1972 stock and both have the same issues. Any ideas?

6. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

zappatime
    Expressdriver
    Bear with me guys, I'm working on this as fast as I can. The problem is that in TSC the Throttle, ThrottleAndBrake and Dynamicbrake were seperate items. In TSW they are all the same so I am having to do some maths calculations to split them and make them work as separate levers.
    Chris

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

This is great news. Time to dig out my Raildriver again. Hopefully it will also work with the Xbox PC version. I’m guessing I just need to find the equivalent folder for the DLL. But maybe the program is hardcoded to the Steam Path? Will give it a try as soon as I’m home.

8. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Very nice Chris, been using your program in TSC for many years.
    I think the program reads the default key presses, so if I've changed them they don't work. Is that right?

9. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

Hi Bescot
    If the program detects a Raildriver when run for the first time it will assign a Default_RaidriverButtonMapper to all the lever maps.
    This button mapper assigns the Raildriver buttons on a one to one basis, i.e. Button 1 on your Raildriver is button 1 on the Raildriver in the sim. Because I cannot read any data from TSW like I could in TSC, I am unable to do this any other way.
    You can create duplicate button maps and assign those to individual trains if needed, and you can still assign keyboard keys to the buttons as you could in TSC. I am about to release V1.0.0.1 which fixes most of the problems people are having with the levers, then I will get back to writing the full manual.
    Chris

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

I have just uploaded version 1.0.0.1 which I hope fixes most of the problems people have been having. It can be downloaded from the same link in the first post above. If you have used version 1.0.0.0 then simply extract the folder from the zip file and copy it over your existing installationI. Otherwise just extract the zip file, read the quick start guide then run the TSW Raildriver And Joystick Interface.exe.
    I have fixed the following:
    I have added another lever map called 'ThrottleFullRange' This will use the Joystick lever you have assigned to ThrottleAndBrake giving you the full travel of the lever and not just the lower throttle section. The problem came about because we are emulating the Raildriver which uses the bottom half of the ThrottleAndBrake for the throttle and the top half for the dynamic brake. If you have run V1.0.0.0 then you will need to copy the ThrottleFullRange.xml file from the DefaultSettings folder into your Keymaps\Levers folder. You will also need to copy the updated Loco's.txt file from the DefaultSettings folder to the Settings folder.

I would also advise those using Joysticks to load the ThrottleAndBrake lever map and click the 'Start Callback, button, then run TSW and go into Setting then Controls and then Advanced Controls and go throught the Calibration sequence for the raildriver. If you come to a lever that you have not allocated a lever to, then simply keep clicking the Calibrate button to get to the next lever.

Most of the trains can be run using just the 3 default lever maps (ThrottleAndBrake, ThrottleAndDynamic and ThrottleFullRange). I am still working on the full manual which will explain the full capabilities of the program and how to set up individual button maps for each train if required.

I have also added a popup program that when editing a lever map and you want to enter notch values, clicking on the cell will bring up a window that will ask you how many notches you want. For a lever that goes from 0 - 10 you would enter 10, ignore position 0. If you also set use notches to Yes then you will get better movement in the lever in the cab.

As I don't own TSW3, can I ask, if anyone has used this with TSW3 can you let me know if it worked OK or not.

Chris

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

If you have downloaded V1.0.0.1 in the last 45 minutes, can you download it again, The numpty in the family (me) forgot to actually add the popup program that appears when assigning notches.
    Chris

12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So I just looked it up and 1600INR equals just over $28.00CAD. And the route is is priced at $52.99CAD. So explain why they are paying almost half to begin with compared to us.

I think the India players don't realize how good they have it anyways

For my UK mates 1600INR = £17.33 so they are paying 13 quid less even with their supposed 100% price increase.

13. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Hi Chris, I'm having a problem with my HOTAS in the latest version. I'm using TSW3, but I don't think that matters as v1.0 of your program worked quite well apart from a huge dead zone in the centre of the HOTAS axis.

So, using your latest revision I calibrated the HOTAS throttle in TSW settings, as you can see in the video here the throttleandbrake data sent from the interface is good. The throttle half works perfectly but TSW is not responding to the brake part - it jumps from off to emergency.

Vid:

EDIT: Ah, when configuring a hotas/joystick with TSW's Raildriver menu, make sure you put the dynamic brake start position where you want the first notch of the brake to apply - otherwise things go a bit awry!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  14. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I am still getting a dead zone in combined throttle/brake on UK units with notches (eg in class 377 and 465) It's probably the way the notches are set up in TSW though. I'm using about 25% of the hotas' throw between off and brake step 1, then there are tiny increments between 1, 2 and 3 which is very difficult to control. Continuous notchless brakes such as the DB 4xx units work well though.

15. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

Hi bescot
    Can you edit your ThrottleAndBrake lever map and set the notch value to:-
    0.00, 0.18, 0.28, 0.38, 0.52, 0.67, 0.81, 0.95, 1.00
    Select the value above and press Ctrl+C to copy them to the clipboard. Then when you click in the box for the notch values and the window pops up asking to enter the number of notches, click Cancel.
    This will put the cursor back in the notch values box. If the value are not highlighted, press Ctrl+A.
    Finally press Ctrl+V to past the values. Save the levermap, restart the program for the changes to take effect.
    These values work fine with my Saitel X55 throttle. If you still have 25% movement in your joystick before anything happens, try calibrating your joystick in windows.

Have you had any random cases where TSW shuts down by itself while driving any trains?

16. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

TSW Raildriver And Joystick Interface V1.0.0.2 Released
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/g72f....0.2.zip?rlkey=wht2looiqsvftvxphiegh192c&dl=1
    I have uploaded V1.0.0.2 which, when editing the lever map notch values, right clicking will give you the option to enter the number of notches as normal, left clicking will give you the option to type in the values manually. I have also updated the default ThrottleAndBrake lever map with the new values.

bescot you can now simply copy the new ThrottleAndBrake lever map from the DefaultSettings folder to your KeyMaps\Levers folder.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024 at 7:36 AM
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Nope I've not seen any instances of TSW closing.

18. stanciupushing

stanciupushing New Member

That's amazing!

19. zappatime

I’ve had the odd random exit to desktop, more so with version 1 than the 1.0.0.1 version; I found that going through the raildriver calibration page in tsw3 setting my throttle lever seemed to screw up totally so that the ThrottleFullRange setting wasnt registering in game, so I deleted the calibration settings (think it was raildriver.ini or something in user>documents>my games> tsw3….>configs) mind you I’ve been alt-tab ing back and forth into the interface which sometimes tsw3 doesn't like and crashes out. Does Raildriver not emulate a full range throttle, without some sort of combined brake on the same lever?

20. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

Thanks for writing this software, I remember the Train Sim version and how much of a difference that made. I've just done a test run in TSW3, no issues to report and I was able to configure the Class 20 throttle to use a wider range of movement as suggested above, which made for a better drive. Thumbs up from me.

• Like Like x 1
  21. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Strangely, for me at least; using 9 notches is no different for me to adding 20 notches.

Using your new throttleandbrake map on the LBN 377/4 - Still get off- big dead zone- B1-2-3 too close together. Power notches perfect though.
    On the SEH 465 I'm unable to remain in off position as the game jumps from P1-B1. P1 is where my zero throttle detent is.

Anyone else with a Thrustmaster One with the same problem? I've calibrated in TSW3 (maybe TSW3 is the problem) and in the controller's own calibration tool - I get a full range of output from 0-1 when moving the throttle.

Where would you advise putting the throttle handle for the dynamic brake setup position? I put mine just between Off and B1.

22. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

Try editing the Raildriver.ini file located in Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
    and in the values for ControlIndex=1,CalibratioPointValues set them to 0.000000, 0.490000, 0.510000, 1.000000 so it looks like this
    (ControlIndex=1,CalibrationPointValues=(0.000000,0.490000,0.510000,1.000000))

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Superb, thanks so much Chris - solved all my problems. My dynamic was set to start from 0.376450 - So much better to be able to manually enter the values. The in game calibration is a bit hinky.

24. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

If you are not using a Raildriver then first, you need to make sure that in the Master Joystick Assignment, you have assigned the same joystick lever to the ThrottleAndBrake, Throttle and DynamicBrake. When told the lever has been assigned already and do you wish to remove the other assignment, say No.

The Raildriver has one lever for both the Throttle (lower half) and Dynamic brake (upper half), this works fine for all the trains in TSW and is the one to use if you only have one lever on your joystick. Assign that lever to the ThrottleAndBrake in the Master Joystick Assignment, do not assign the lever to the Throttle or DynamicBrake. For this, use the ThrottleAndBrake lever map only which enables the ThrottleAndBrake and disables both the separate Throttle and DynamicBrake.

If you have a train with a Throttle and Dynamic brake and wish to use two separate levers for them then use the ThrottleAndDynamic lever map. In the Master Joystick Assignment, you need to assign the lever you wish to use for the Throttle to the Throttle and the lever for the Dynamic Brake to the DynamicBrake. This lever map enables both the Throttle and DynamicBrake and disables the combined ThrottleAndBrake.

If you have a train that has a throttle and brake on separate levers like the class 101 & 47's and you want to use two separate levers for them then use the ThrottleFullRange lever map. This reassigns whatever lever you have setup as the ThrottleAndBrake to the Throttle, thereby giving you the full range of the lever for the throttle and not just the bottom half.
    I hope this helps clarify things

• Like Like x 1
  25. zappatime

Thanks, that’s useful info

26. Expressdriver

Expressdriver New Member

Still no luck for me sadly. I’ve only tested it on 378, tried it fresh out the box and the same thing happened, huge jumps from off to full brake and power. So I tried editing the notches using the numbers mentioned above and it made it worse. I can’t find the raildriver.ini file in my docs.

27. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

The Raildriver.ini file won't appear until you calibrate you controls in TSW. To make it easier for you.

Create a file called Raildriver.ini and paste the following in it.

[/Script/DTGComm.DTGCommRailDriverConfig]
    Devices=(DevicePath="\\\\.\\CobraOne",Calibration=((CalibrationPointValues=(0.000000,0.509804,1.000000)),(ControlIndex=1,CalibrationPointValues=(0.023529,0.462745,0.513726,1.000000)),(ControlIndex=2,CalibrationPointValues=(0.000000,0.078431,0.964706)),(ControlIndex=3,CalibrationPointValues=(0.015686,1.000000)),(ControlIndex=4,CalibrationPointValues=(0.000000,0.010000)),(ControlIndex=5,CalibrationPointValues=(0.000000,0.588235,1.000000)),(ControlIndex=6,CalibrationPointValues=(0.000000,0.549020,0.964706))))

Then if using TSW 2copy the file to:
    Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
    or for TSW 3 copy it to
    Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

If the directory does not exist, you will need to create it.

Chris

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  28. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

TSW Raildriver And Joystick Interface V1.0.0.3 Released
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/929f....0.3.zip?rlkey=9wv27dkqgi1aqn8p9h3heinj9&dl=1
    I have uploaded V1.0.0.3 and a new Quick Start guide. I have now changed the program so that if it detects a Joystick attached and finds there is no calibration data in the Raildriver.ini file located in Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor or Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor, it will add a default calibration entry for your Joystick.
    This now means you are no longer required to calibrate your Joystick in TSW. If you wish to update your existing calibration to the new default, download V1.0.0.3 and extract it over your existing installation. Then go to either the Documents\MyGames\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor or
    Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and delete the Raildriver.ini. Run the program and the new file will be created automatically.
    Note this only applies to Joysticks, unfortunately due to the variations in the calibration between different Raildrivers, I cannot setup a default entry.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024 at 7:37 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Bekns

Bekns Member

Attention: Moderators

Please consider pinning this thread as based on the thread on another site for the TSC version it will likely be one of the most engaged threads to date

Thank you

• Like Like x 3
  30. zappatime

This v1.0.0.3 works very well, my throttle lever now has a full range of control in ‘throttle only’ mode , as does the combined throttle and brake set up, they're no longer over a narrow band with big dead zones between start, end and gap between brake and throttle use. Excellent work! Thanks again Chris!

I have had some random ctds of TSW3, sometimes just after starting a scenario/timetable run, other times well into a run (around 20 mins or so) - I dont know if this is caused by TSW3 (though theres no Unreal crash message, just a straight ctd), the interface program (though that is always still running - it just says it has lost connection with TSW3), a mod that conflicts somewhere, or my pc causing some sort of interruption between the two; twice it’s happened when I wasn't even moving a control or brake lever. I don’t know whether others have had similar issues.

Despite the occasional crashes, it transforms TSW, making it much more involving!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  31. Bekns

Bekns Member

I have found today all of a sudden I am getting CTD's, I have very few mods installed and none between it working fine and now crashing, all mine have occurred while TSW has been running in the background though. I am always wary when ALT_TABing but I cant think of a time when it has really been this frequent if at all.

TSW3
    Route
    - Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    Loco - BR 363
    Lever Map - Copied and renamed ThrottleAndDynamic map (no modifications)
    Button Map - Copied and renamed Default_ButtonMap (modifications made, mainly setting up for use with toggle switches in the pressed and released states and length of press)

I have also found at times that the program will stop responding and I need to close and restart it to get it responding again.

Also I am running as an administrator just in case that helps.

EDIT: not bagging your effort out Chris, your dedication to enriching our hobby is second to none and this has transformed TSW for me the same way your TSC version did for Train Sim Classic

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  32. Expressdriver

Expressdriver New Member

Works perfectly for me now, such a game changer. Thank you so much for all your hard work!!! My only question is, when operating the 1972 Stock the default off/neutral position for the handle is Notch 1 in brake, any ideas?

33. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The BR442 and the the SEH 465 have a similar problem. The off position on the joystick throttle is notch 1 too. Don't know why though.

34. troffeo#3130

troffeo#3130 New Member

Works perfectly with TSW3!

I have test several payware and free software mods but the only solution to work properly my Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant + a Button Box (DSD) with TSW3 it's only the your's!
    The distanges, the notches, the alternations between the different types of trains, the simplicity everything is amazing!

Many Thanks for all your hard work and for that tool such a game changer!

PS I think you have make also for the TS Clasic Train Simulator. Can post a link?

35. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

Can confirm that using this app with joysticks works great with TSW3! Thank you for sharing this project! I have a sneaky suspicion that the native TSW3 Raildriver implementation hasn't changed much from TSW2...

Up until now I've used Raildriver XInput with x360ce which is buggy for me. In short, the TSW UI flickers between keyboard and Xbox controller symbology when the keyboard is being used. This makes the keyboard unusable, and I had to resort to using a gamepad exclusively to interact with TSW. Furthermore, customizing throttle/brake axis etc was done with FreePIE scripts, and a couple of vJoy devices mapped to x360ce. Essentially, each loco control type had its own script.

With your implementation everything now runs smoothly, even with x360ce running in the back. My keyboard can finally be used again.

In my opinion I think this Raildriver/Joystick app is the best solution currently for anyone who wants to drive locos with various joysticks.

atledreier if you haven't already you should give this app a go ;)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  36. marvin.lenk760

marvin.lenk760 New Member

First i really wanna thank you for your work! Since TSW came out, i eagerly waited for a Joystick support - which sadly never came. I have a massive real world controller built into my desk, but still have to drive any train in TSW with... a Keyboard next to it. Thats so sad.

So, iam really really glad that you started to work on a solution!

Now the unfortunate part: TSW crashes after only a few seconds, when your plugin is running. I do not have any mods installed. Just TSW3 (via Steam) with a bunch of DLCs. And thats all the information i have at this point. I could not see any pattern, or gather more information other that i see it crashing every time i try to use it. So i just wanted to report it :)

37. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

Not sure if this can help, but TSW crashed after a few seconds on me too when I was using the wrong dll. The one that worked for me was the 1.0.0.3 version dll located here:

TSW Raildriver And Joystick Interface V1.0.0.3.zip
    Code:
    TSW Raildriver And Joystick Interface\DefaultSettings\PieHid64.dll

• Like Like x 1
  38. zappatime

Check you have copied over the correct dll into your TSW3 installation, PieHid64.dll (and not PIEHid64Net.dll) - both of which are contained in CobraOne's package download

• Like Like x 1
  39. atledreier

atledreier Member

Thanks for the ping, I'll try it right away!

• Like Like x 1
  40. marvin.lenk760

marvin.lenk760 New Member

I am using the PieHid64.dll from the latest package (1.0.0.3)

Yep. Did it exactly as described in the manual - made a backup of the original dll first, then copied the PieHid64.dll fom the DefaultSettings folder into the PieHid\Binaries Folder in the TSW3 directory

41. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

Hi Guys, sorry I've been silent for a while, I have been a bit poorly.
    It seems most of the problems users are having is with TSW3 crashing at random times. I don't own TSW3 but I see I can get the Standard version from Fanatical for £24 so I will get a copy and see what I can find.

Lokomotiv you said
    That's interesting because the dll in all versions is the same one, it has not changed from v1.0.0.1

Can I ask those having problems, can you email me at the address below with the following information
    1. Full path to where TSW2/3 is installed.
    2. Full path to where my program is installed.
    3. Are you running my program as an Administrator
    4. Are you running Steam or TSW as an Administrator.
    5. Which version of windows are you using.
    6. Are you using Joysticks, a Raildriver or both.
    7. Can you also attach the Raildriver.ini file located in
    Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor or
    Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
    8. Are you running in windowed or full screen mode (Thanks bescot)
    Email Yahoo.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  42. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

No issues with crashing onTSW3 here. Did a Faversham - St Pancakes and back and a round trip on X City yesterday using the app.

Running TSW in windowed borderless if that makes a difference to running full screen? The only reason I did this was alt tabbing caused difficulty in accessing the app in fullscreen.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

I initially used the PIEHid64Net.dll as zappatime mentioned because I had only skimmed through the instructions. I read the manual later, as one does, and got it up and running. I only have myself to blame... user error, RTFM, PEBCAC, etc. Sorry about that!

44. atledreier

atledreier Member

I've tried it a little bit. Need to read the manual on how to set up multiple levers, but that part seems to work ok.

I had one CTD with no error, and I had a caught exception in the program itself that it didn't recover from. I didn't note the error message, I will if it pops up again.

One suggestion (that might already be in)
    I use a physical pedal for SIFA/AWS, and have Joystick Gremlin generate a keypress. Would something similar be possible with this?

45. zappatime

TSW3 is still on CDKeys for £17.99, if its not too late

46. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I would look at this but chrome says it's a very unsecure page so...
    No thank you. If you could post an image that would be great

47. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

The site has problems now and again with its certificate. I have just gone to the site and Chrome reports the site is secure.
    The link for the download is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r01b1wkzo58i7he/AAC4j71kFb_LJfvHCerhZHf6a?dl=0
    then download the TSClassic Raildriver and Joystick Interface V3.3.0.6.zip file.
    Read the quick start guide in the zip file and there are comprehensive manual in the Manuals folder, you need to make sure you extract the zip file to the root of your drive or you may have problems with extracting all the data from TSC. If you have any questions then the UKTrainSim forum will have your answers or ask any questions there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. CobraOne

CobraOne Active Member

Yes, the option is there. When you edit the button map and right click on the command to assign a button too, in the menu that pops up, select the second option "Assign Lever To Current Command". Next move the lever (Pedal) you wish to assign, then a window will pop up asking if you wish to assign all or part of the lever. Make your choice and you are done. Your pedal will now act as a button when pressed. I am working as quick as I can to get the full manual out.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. atledreier

atledreier Member

I found that right after I posted.. :-p

I'll keep working on figuring it out. Seems like a good solution to a lazy problem, thanks for the work so far.

50. atledreier

atledreier Member

I'm driving the BR185 (from Kassel), and can't quite figure out how to set my levers up for it.

So, I have three levers, like the loco does.
    One is set to throttle. X. Mostly works as expected over the full range, except when I pull the throttle lever all the way back I get a dynamic brake full service, push it forward a little bit and it goes into throttle off as expected.
    One is set to train brake.Y, working as expected
    The last one is assigned as dynamic brake.Z, but it's not controlling the dynamic brake lever in the loco.

In the levers assignment I have
    Throttle, controlling throttle, enabled
    TrainBrake controlling TrainBrake, enabled
    DynamicBrake controlling DynamicBrake enabled

No notches set, all normal directions
    No buttons controlling any brakes or throttle

I'm stumped. I've had the electric brake work in other locos.
    Any tips?