Tsc - Huddersfield Line Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 11, 2022.

1. yagna2308

yagna2308 Member

Anyone able to upload scenarios to workshop for the route on steam. It displays a message: missing blueprint.

2. brummie

brummie Active Member

I was looking on steam last night for any scenarios for this route and didn't find one which is strange as it is fairly new, you usually get two or three by now.

3. yagna2308

yagna2308 Member

Exactly, I wanted to upload my scenario on the steam workshop but could not. Exact error while publishing is: Scenario uses unrecognized blueprint set: DTG\LeedsManchester Scenario Route has not been published.

Could someone at DTG sort it out, is the route not linked to the steam workshop as its not recognizing it?

4. brummie

brummie Active Member

Might be an idea to send a ticket off regarding this because it is strange nothing is on workshop by now, maybe your problem is directly related.
    I sent one off yesterday re a faulty scenario, [06] Class 158 keeps derailing at the end just outside Leeds Station. Maybe it will be added to their to do list for hopefully an upcoming patch.

• Like Like x 3
  5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Likely this has something to do with my previous post - the route is not showing in the Profiles page nor do scenarios add to your career XP.

Other than that, I like the route. Tweaked window transparency, cab cameras, and keyboard input sensitivity (Class 47 throttle) and enjoy the ride. Fortunately this doesn't have you running through endless 3D tree rows and actually you can see some scenery :)

But workshop is vital - please fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I was all for getting this route and even tolerating/fixing the few inevitable niggles, that is until I watched TrainSim_TV's Mark Walker first look video and he pointed out the poor track laying in regards to the bends and curves. I can't get past that now, sorry it's a no from me at full price, maybe in a 60% off sale for the former VT 47 model in the future but that's it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. yagna2308

yagna2308 Member

Completely agree about the track laying. How did that get past testing, DTG? When you try to take zoomed out shots in game, the curves look like the one on a formula one racetrack. I am not sure if this can be fixed through an update.

Apart from the above, a humble request to the staff at DTG who are tasked with this route is to please view TrainSim_TV's Mark Walker first look video (his professional opinion / feedback) and make those changes through an update (hopefully soon) which would make the route a lot better.

In summary, if the points mentioned in Mark's video are addressed, along with the scenario error pointed out by others in the community, the experience we have driving this route would be great! Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

DTG Jamie

Any news on fixing the issue with the route not being recognized as official/final (no workshop and no XP given)?

I think this is top priority not only for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. brummie

brummie Active Member

I second this. Only 7 scenarios and one I know is broken, [06] Class 158, derails at the end outside Leeds right near the end of scenario.
    Very concerning there are no scenarios to be had from workshop as yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Removing that kamikaze service 1M66 from [06] is required.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

I believe that 1H89 is at fault here. When I did a scenario test run it departed at around 16:50, but when I play the scenario it does not budge! (1M66 runs into its rear). I had this happen a few times recently when making a scenario of my own (The rather erotically named 1E01) :) .

Deleting the badly behaving consist & saving then reinstating it worked. Can't yet say if it will work here but I am going to try.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

That's really disconcerting to hear :( I was able to complete [06] internally before it went out as another now non existant AI (1M75) was refusing to move from Leeds, the fact that in the live build yet another AI is colliding at Leeds is really disapointing as it did not in my retesting of the scenario after 1M75 was removed. I will investigate this internally

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

Well, my original idea didn't work, but moving the 1H89 consist forward off the platform, just far enough to not interfere with 1M59, did. Happy days. Something to do with platform markers? I don't know as I'm too inexperienced with this stuff. Anyway, 1000 points not awarded as per message #46 :mad: :D.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. yagna2308

yagna2308 Member

DTG Jamie,

Could you please confirm that this workshop issue is being sorted out.

15. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback on Workshop and XP will pass it on to the team and keep you updated.

16. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Concerning the crash in scenario 6, this might be of interest:

I have just fixed a very old scenario - "Meat Market" on the Somerset Dorset Railway, which aborts due to a similar crash, a train being rammed from behind.

I wanted to fix the scenario without removing any of the services, and it worked by just moving the service "1605 Double-Headed Special" which should get going at 16:25 but refuses to, and therefore gets rammed (block is not occupied for the dispatcher, because the consist is protruding the previous signal block with its brakevan)

Solution was to just move that consist a few feet forward. Scenario plays well!

Somerset Dorset Railway - unavoidable "Meat Market" crash
    2022-10-19 05_31_18-Train Simulator (x64).png

I've also fixed an error due to two wagons sharing the same ID.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  17. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hope we don't have to wait too much longer for a fix for this route, in particular the workshop scenarios not being able to upload there? It's a lovely route, apart from the few problems already mentioned in this thread but I do find it frustrating not having any workshop stuff to download for this route......Jamie?

18. yagna2308

yagna2308 Member

Thank you for updating this route DTG, Jamie. The update notes in the Announcement section is helpful.

Brummie, now I am able to upload a scenario to the steam workshop for this route. Link below:
    Steam Workshop::[Class 802] Transpennine Express on Huddersfield Line (steamcommunity.com)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update guys, much appreciated.
    "Huddersfloof" is now complete LOL
    20221123191250_1.jpg
    :love:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  20. brummie

brummie Active Member

I did wonder if that also got fixed, thanks for letting me know. Maybe I can give your workshop scenario a run!
    I gave one of the included scenarios a run just after my update and it would appear that the track when leaving Manchester has been smoothed out compared to what it was first like. Seems they have done a massive amount of fixing according to the update notes.
    Have a good evening.

21. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

Having read the last couple of posts and Jamie's list of improvements, with trepidation and bated breath, I bought the route which I used to ride frequently in the 1950's. I am very glad I did. I did a QD with a Class 52 and a rake of custard and cream so that I had a good view of the scenery and I like everything about the route and am not bothered by the odd tracklaying regarding curves. I even quite like the 158 although a bit modern for me. Pity it has had so many teething problems and bad press. I definitely recomend it, especially at the current bargain price.

• Like Like x 1
  23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just bought the route as a last minute item from the sale and it is actually very, very good. In some ways better than the TSW version, not least because the modern alignment means you can sustain a bit of fast running. Everything looks brighter, even in the rain and more lifelike to me. The tunnels also look more realistic, especially the portals.

A couple of things though. Despite the AP sounds, the 158 is disappointingly quiet in the cab. Why can't we have the engine sound from the saloon play in there which is a bit louder?

The Class 47 is excellent but something of an oddity with the windscreen wipers - they speed up and slow down with the engine RPM. That can't be right!

But overall well done to all involved with this route. Surprised myself buying it but as I said, the experience is a little different from its TSW brother.

• Like Like x 1
  24. peterchambers

As you say Vern, the 158 has very poor sound, which would put me off driving it. However when Huddersfield is launched via RWE2 it has louder engine sounds in the cab than the in saloon and excellent track sounds. RWE2 turns it into a different and much more enjoyable beast. There are other sounds thrown in to boot, like the announcements wishing us a pleasant journey etc.

25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I will have to investigate RWE2, then. Just a shame the game needs a third party utility to bring out the best in it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. peterchambers

Horses for Courses but I have not used the DTG Hud since I got RWE. Find the RWE hud unobtrusive and it gives me all the info I want.

27. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Is the AP 158 the full pack, or just one livery?

28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The latter.

29. DenisJura

DenisJura Member

I have a question for the class 47.. no working DSD ?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  30. Sproutmask

Sproutmask Active Member

I'm enjoying the route and stock so far, the only real problem I have is that the AWS alert sound on the Class 47 is very quiet, to the point that even when keeping an eye on the HUD indicator, I've been caught out a couple of times and it's very frustrating. IIRC this was an issue with the original VT incarnation. Anyone else finding the same, and is there a solution to either up the volume of the existing sound or substitute in another sound file (I've done simple bin file edits and the like, so don't mind if it gets a bit technical, but I don't know where to start with this)?

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Having got this route recently it has it's good and bad points.

The loco hauled trains
    DTG have only made a Mk2 TSO but the trains had a single FK between the BG and the TSOs
    It is not like DTG had to build a new vehicle - the FK has been available for some time.

Class 47 in Regional Railways appears a number of times in a QD but there was only one loco in that colour.

The route.
    It is not too bad but has a few errors
    Heaton Lodge Dive under - where the line from Huddersfield passes under the Calder Valley line has two single track tunnels
    The real version
    Heaton Lodge.jpg
    DTG version
    Screenshot_Huddersfield Line - Manchester to Leeds_53.68043--1.71865_12-01-03.jpg

A simple detail spoils the scene

The Quick Drive from Leeds says it starts in P17 but the marker is in P16

And the problem with the dual speed showing

Peter

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  32. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

And DTG put the cable conduit on the wrong side!

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

34. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

AFAIK the 47s + the 37s rebuilt for Wales/Scotland (37/4) were the first UK locos to get headlights, which would've been around the time the above photo was taken?

35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The photo, not mine, is dated 6/12/1986 - not sure when the locos started getting headlights

36. cescb#1068

cescb#1068 Member

The 158 should not have a blanked off front door if this is really supposed to be early 90s. Also by this timeframe the faster Pennine services all ran to Piccadilly and not Victoria.

37. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I think with Quick Drive you can't really only have one appear - it's pretty much none or lots sadly.

That's a fair one - I guess at some point it was on P17, it got moved but the name didn't change (I mean it's not great but as far as issues go, it's not really a bad one)

38. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Class 47 in Regional Railways appears a number of times in a QD but there was only one loco in that colour.
    Maybe if the loco was somehow not included in the list the QD pick list from then you would just have Large Logo engines in different numbers - not exactly sure how that would work.

Peter