Xbox More Steam Locomotives

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Vector224, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Vector224

Vector224 Member

Hi is tsw3 getting more steam locomotives in the future I would love to have a tank engine or two

2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I believe the DB BR 420 is to be released soon. Tune into the roadmap at the beginning of next month for more information.

Other than that there will be locomotives for the upcoming routes already planned. Again for more information listen in on December 1st.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  3. Vector224

Vector224 Member

Cool but I'm hoping for more steam I wouldn't mind a steam locomotive per route but considering the hills on some of them I don't think it would be viable without a banker engine

4. Vector224

Vector224 Member

And any new passenger steam trains will need to have the MK 2 coach coding so the passenger loading cycle happens

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

those are emus, not steam locomotives lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Dtg probably plan to bring more steam locomotives, but they are not working on any in the moment. There are issues with the physics with the current steam locomotives, reference material is hard to get and manual firing is still not in game which they promised to bring. So I wouldn't expect anything to be releases until that is sorted out.

7. Vector224

Vector224 Member

Guess my best option is to go over to pc so I can drive steam locomotives

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As I just posted in another thread, it has become increasingly apparent Spirit Of Steam was a vanity project to appease the boss. There is little or no information on what fixes are in the pipeline to the multiple issues the title has in TSW3. If it is being worked on, taking so long it looks like they are rebuilding from the ground up.

I would love to see more steam in TSW be it decent working DLC for the existing route or a new project, the Somerset & Dorset or a GWR branch line like Oxford to Fairford. However I fear it will be a long time if ever before any more steam sees the light of day in TSW, leaving TSC or even old MSTS/Open Rails on PC as the only place to go for kettle fun.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Matt spoke about it in the last roadmap stream. They were making some significant changes to the way the draught system works, but only half of the changes were included when SoS moved to TSW3, which is why it's all a bit of a mess. They're working on bringing the rest of the update across to sort out the steam generation/use issues which should give more usable power, and only once that's all sorted will they think about any other steam projects.

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They also need to fix the spurious SPADs or delete the scenarios that cannot be played.

11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone on here located the AI train that was causing that so it's also being addressed. They're definitely aware of the issues, it's just the timeframes for fixing them that are the unknowns!

12. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

S&D would be really nice!
    I was hoping thats what they would do originally!

Maybe they're waiting to fix the steam physics before dlc? Might be wishful thinking though :D