Closing Of Feedback Thread - When Issues Still Not Resolved?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Nov 25, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

For me its disappointing that whilst we've still got 3 DLC which have major issues in TSW3 since launch that this feedback forum is being closed.

Incase DTG have forgotten the

• Baby Bullet DLC is still in part unplayable, we're still unable to select any timetable service for the cabcar and if selecting a journey for the MP36 you'll find yourself behind the desk of the F40PH
    • Rapid Transit - The BR1442 in certain formations isnt working correctly and you'll invariably find yourself dragging a dead trainset behind you, the original timetable is borked and its impossible to drive with the safety systems turned on as at every stop you'll have a red light.
    • BR182 (for RT) sees the cabcar throttle lock unable to be dis-engauged resulting in half of the services of this DLC unplayable.
    • SoS the AI SPADs are still present (and not on the RM) and the physics are even more broken then in TSW2.
    Im sure theres numerous other unresolved issues in TSW3 so for me now is not the time to be closing the feedback thread until these are resolved. Or is it a case that the majority of these issues will never be fixed and if thats the case then Baby Bullet/RT & the BR182 need to be removed from sale as basically you cant play 50% or more of the routes.

• Like Like x 8
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They could just rename the thread to tsw3 feedback so all the reports are in 1 place. I really want to play all the routes, but can't if they have all these bugs. Services on hma crash to desktop every time I load them (worked completely fine in tsw2), peninsula corridor has missing services and I've read crash reports from other people so I'm scared to boot it up. Sos has the spad issue and certain scenarios can't be finished since release so I don't play it cuz I don't know whether it'll give me a service failure or not. Rapid transit is just straight up unplayable cuz of the issues you mentioned and a bunch of other issues. Harlem has red light issues so I have no idea if a service will cause a red light or not. Other routes also suffer from similar issues. I know some of these are complicated issues for dtg and they are actively working on it but I feel like it shouldn't have been released that way to start with so I can actually play the route. It is frustrating that all these are in the game. I will still support tsw3 but I feel like dtg can do better. After all, I want to be able to play the dlc I bought without a problem. In my opinion, being able to play a route is more important than any other issue in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This isn't to say the issues will be closed, not by any means.

At the moment though, we're struggling to differentiate between different kinds of feedback on different platforms.

Whilst the forum section has been massively useful (and thanks to everyone who has made that so!), longer-term it makes more sense for us to be able to speak (without our first question, say, being: 'which platform are you playing on?') on the platform-specific forums or the Tech Support forums, using the tags to separate out TSW2 and TSW3 feedback. Hope that makes sense.

4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Can't you think of a redesign of the forums? This thread was bringing all platforms together, which was way easier to identify problems. I have been reading about problems in the Xbox forums for weeks, after a long discussion about the limitations between all the generations of the Xbox consoles someone with a PS5 joins and identifies the same problem, so the discussion goes like it's a console problem and after a lengthy discussion about consoles are not being tested like the PC version someone with a PC joins and what looked like a specific Xbox issue turned about to be some all-platform issue.

• Like Like x 8
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

When we've multiple global issues affect all platforms, a global discussion sub forum is needed IMO, also in the PC forum youve still got the question about if its Steam/Epic/Game Pass platform to address, playstation if its a PS4 or PS5 issue and Xbox platform so I dont see how the current set up is any worst then having a single forum?

Just my 5 pence

• Like Like x 2
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If I ruled the world, I would change the name of this sub-forum to " General Discussion " rather than close it completely. There are and have been some interesting threads.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Mandate the forum to specify platform? Having it all in one place I’d like to think we’ve supported each other more

• Like Like x 2
  8. DTG JD

We are discussing the best way forward. Don't disagree with anything said on this thread. We've certainly found it useful in the opening few months of TSW3's release.

I'll chat to the team in the meantime - it might be that we can use prefixes to help with this, but it needs some time to look in the forum's back-end to see what is and what isn't possible.

If we make changes, we'll let you know beforehand.

• Like Like x 3
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, please don’t call any sub-forum “General Discussion” as this will then have the same sub-forum name as all TSC posts in the ‘New Posts’ page and make it hard to distinguish between new posts about the two games. “General TSW Discussion” or something similar would avoid this clash.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct way is going to be TSW 3 General Discussion sub-forum modelled after the TSC General Discussion

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I would place my support on this behind moving the issue threads topic/titles into the technical support and renaming it to TSW3 General Discussion.

12. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

YES! We need a “general discussion” board that doesn’t split things between PC/Xbox/PS for no good reason.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

DTG JD I saw the new prefixes in the Technical Support Forum (TSW2 / TSW3). I can see why these were created, but the problem is that, at this time, one can only select one prefix. So, if I want to report a problem with TSW3 on the PS4, I can chose to use the TSW3 prefix or the Playstation one... both options are incomplete. Forum should be altered so we can use multiple prefixes.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DTG JD

Don't disagree (we've had the same discussions internally). It's currently a limitation of the software we use though.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

A workaround are additional labels like TSW3/PS4 and TSW3/PS5.

• Like Like x 2