Bahnstrecke Berlin - Zielona Góra / Linia Kolejowa Zielona Góra - Berlin

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by portowiecmk#6282, Nov 20, 2022.

1. portowiecmk#6282

portowiecmk#6282 New Member

Berlin - Zielona Góra railway
    It's one of most important railway links between Poland and Germany. At the length of 177 kilometers it would be one of the longest routes in game, and also the first cross border one. It consists of 2 mainlines - E20 from Berlin to Warsaw (In game we would see Berlin - Rzepin part), and D29-273 also called Nadodrzanka, it runs from Szczecin to Wrocław (In game Rzepin - Zielona Góra). mapa_do_DLC_czerw_bial_nieb.png
    Polish part of route
    It would be first time seeing this country in any DTG game. All electrified railway lines here are using 3kV DC voltage. On segment from Rzepin to Zielona Góra there's a lot of in-country traffic, mostly Intercity and freight trains from Harbours on coast of Baltic in Szczecin and Świnoujście to industrialised Silesia on south. Poland also have it's own signaling systems never seen in game - like Czuwak or SHP (Samoczynne hamowanie pociągu). Back to route - there's international traffic in Rzepin - Berlin - Warsaw / Kraków / Gdańsk. Trains to Warsaw or Gdańsk would be driveable on Berlin - Rzepin part, and trains to Kraków on the whole route. 1141907277.jpg
    (Rzepin in 2005, photo from 2005 by Michał Pawliczek)

German part of route
    As many of you know - Germany, Austria and Switzerland use 15kV 16.7 Hz AC voltage - different from polish. So we would have opportunity for voltage change en route.
    German part also would include HUGE railway station - Berlin Hauptbahnhof - main railway station of Capital of germany. All trains to Poland begin their journey here. There's RE traffic between Berlin and Frankfurt (Oder). A lot of AI trains could be layered in Berlin, like ICE's, IC's, RE's etc.
    unknown.png
    (Berlin Hauptbahnhof)

Rolling stock
    Siemens Vectron - DB BR 193
    Vectron is a well known loco produced by a German Siemens, produced since 2010. We want to introduce the first Vectron in TSW in this route. In this route we'll be able to drive a Multisystem Vectron aka Vectron MS in DB Traffic Red and in special livery - I am Backbone of the economy . It can enter almost all of the European railways network, because of this it's very good for international trains. That's why it'll be a part of this DLC as a cross border cargo transport loco.
    Siemens Eurosprinter ES64U4 - PKP Intercity EU44
    In late 2000s PKP was facing cross border travel problems due to no MS locomotives in fleet, so in 2008 they signed contract with siemens for delivery of 10 ES64U4 locomotives. It's only MS locomotive in PKPIC Fleet.
    We call them "Husarz" (The hussar)

Bez tytułu.png
    (EU44 - ES64U4 of PKPIC on left, DB BR193 Vectron, on right)
    HCP 303E - PKP Intercity EP07
    EP07 is one of the most classic Polish locomotives. 303e version used to be produced in nearby located Cegielski factory in Poznań. Well known shapes and cab of this loco is something a lot of railfans wants in TSW. A lot of peoples wonders why it's so similar to EU07. It's obvious - this is a modernization of EU07. Every EP07 retained their running number from befor modernization. We would see standard PKPIC livery and Historical EP07-442
    we call them "siódemka" (the seven). It's used on in-country express-es, it's only 3kV DC so no use in germany :/ Bez 2tytułu.png

Both EU44 and EP07 would haul standard modern PKPIC coaches, and Vectron would have it's own intermodal wagons due to it's international travel.

Summary
    This would be best route for DTG to compete with growing rival - Simrail. It would also be one of the best choices for new countries due to huge number of railfans in Poland that would buy this dlc, i would also suggest for it to be possible to get as a "Berlin - Zielona Góra TSW3 starter pack", basic TSW3 without routes and with this.
    Rearview of the route

Share your opinion about this route!

• Like Like x 20
  2. nie Kolejarz#7489

nie Kolejarz#7489 Member

We really need this route. It would be so good. Cross border trains with Vectron and Husarz are something what would make TSW better. New country like Poland would ad something new to this simulator of three countries.

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but for the German language version of the Game Rzepin is written as Reppen while Zielona Gora is written as Grünberg in Schlesien. therefore the abbreviation is BBGS
    Bahnstrecke Berlin Grünberg in Schlesien
    Oddly EP7 is a Class 83 WCML South Tap Changer that was built under license in Poland. Another DLC Locomotive can be EU04 since it's made by VEB Hans Beimler Henningsdorf maker of DB BR143 & 155.
    Freight locomotive that can be used into Germany is EU46 Vectron a batch is equipped with ATB EG NG PZB ETCS and SHP for a Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht freight train that must end at Grünberg in Schlesien (Zielona Gora) via Reppen (Rzepin). On HRR this needs to switch between Essen Hbf & Mülheim Styrum to access the Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht track to Oberhausen Hbf.
    EU44 can be reskinned to make an ÖBB Baureihe 1216 for Schnellfahrstrecke Wien Linz Salzburg Westbahn and Riesa-Dresden Railjet.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

This would be a fun route definitely. Lengthy but it looks like it has good station and operation variety. And if the eurosprinter are known as hussars then I can already see a lot of winged hussar opportunities haha. In all seriousness I feel like this would be one of the best routes in the game if done correctly.

• Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

6. nie Kolejarz#7489

nie Kolejarz#7489 Member

EU04 is very old loco, not possible to be a part of the modern route like this.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. portowiecmk#6282

1. Yeah it could be in german, but i wanted to make it clear it's international
    2. EP07s are modified EU07s, and the EU07s were based on EU06 which was class 83 modified for polish railways XD
    3. i wanted to include DB vectron, not PKP Cargo one because of too much PKP traffic in poland.
    4. EU04 are wayyy to old they were withdrown from service in 70s-80s when the route is set in our times

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Evolinox#6389

Evolinox#6389 Member

International Routes in TSW would be awesome, i would definitely buy this Route especially when it would include the Vectron Locomotive :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about this and when I watch German documentaries on Railway lines in Silesia they tend to use German names for selected Polish cities. For a DLC locomotive can a Newag Griffin dual mode locomotive work here or not? Another choice is Pesa Bydgoszcz (Bromberg) Dart DB Baureihe 633 PKP Paint

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. nie Kolejarz#7489

nie Kolejarz#7489 Member

I don't think Newag Griffin can enter German railway system. If you want something like Polish version of DB BR 633, the best thing for this route would be this Pesa Link from Lubuskie region, where this route is located, but I'm not sure where exactly in this region it drive

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. portowiecmk#6282

There's only one griffin that's able to go into germany, but it never did go there. I thought about PKP Cargo DLC - ET22 with Eaos + EU07's PKPC livery that would be able to haul intermodal from Oderbrucke to poland. DB BR 633 is actually Link, not Dart and they do work in this region, but not on this specific route, they operate on Ostbahn, few kilometers north of rzepin (in Kostrzyn nad Odrą / Kustrin)

• Like Like x 1
  12. nie Kolejarz#7489

nie Kolejarz#7489 Member

ET22 PKP Cargo and EU07 PKP Cargo would be so good. I'd love them with Eaos wagons

13. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

That's actually a good idea!

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

From the Oderbrucke Frankfurt am Oder Gbf 363 204 & G6 can shunt trains for ET22 & EU07. You can also set this in the Polish people's Republic German Democratic Republic era GDR with 204 in DR V100 Paint DR Baureihe 107 made in Czechoslovakia and DR Baureihe 104-106 DR V60 shunt the trains for ET22 EU07 from DR Baureihe 243 212 & 250 these are GDR era paints for DB Baureihe 112 143 & 155

15. jarom2

jarom2 New Member

I would blindly take any amount of money ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

This could be a great route to do connect two countries together, and I would really love to see Poland in TSW

• Like Like x 1