Train Sim World 3 Oceanside-san Diego Route For Tsw3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by surfline luver, Nov 23, 2022.

1. surfline luver

surfline luver New Member

The Oceanside-San Diego DLC would be about NCTD Coaster and Pacific Surfliner. Coaster uses Siemens Sc44s as their primary engine. And Coaster uses Bombardier Bilevel coaches and cab cars. IMG_1701 (1).jpg
    IMG_1702.jpg

Coaster has eight stops: Oceanside, Carlsbad Village, Carlsbad Poinsettia, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Sorrento Valley, San Diego-Old Town, and San Diego-SF depot. The route would be around 39 Miles or 63 Km. And for Pacific Surfliner. they also operate the Siemens Sc44 Charger with a slight difference: it has an aerodynamic spoiler at the rear end of the engine. Their rolling stock is Alstom-built Surfliner cars. IMG_1705.jpg IMG_1704.jpg
    Amtrak Pacific would have four stops: Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town, and, San Diego SF depot.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't enjoy this (I honestly don't like north American transit atall) I can see others appeal for it, format is a bit messy and could do with some improvement.

3. surfline luver

yea I agree this was really messy I was in kind of a rush while doing this and it was my first time sorry about that I didn't really have time to check it

4. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Ehh that's fine, for a first suggestion it's actually really good. My first suggestion was way worse then this so no hard feelings.

5. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Seeing the pictures here, I was again reinforced in my stance that I will never ever buy a route or rolling stock content with the SC44 included. That thing is just absolutely hideous.

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I do like some scenic routes and new trains. However, wouldn't this route feel kinda empty cuz it's more of a long distance journey rather than a regular passenger service? Like how busy is it in real life?

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Probably won't happen unless DTG can actually secure a Coaster License. You also didnt mention any of the BNSF freight on the line.

8. surfline luver

Yeah I left the freight out because I think it would be too little for freight unless it a local and I believe there is a local there. Also even if they just did pacific Surfliner that would be great too they probably could get the License from pacific surfliner because it has been done before.

9. surfline luver

For coaster it is surprisingly busy because it is a somewhat short line. There is a coaster train about every 10-25 minutes at one station.

10. surfline luver

Honestly, I think SC44s are alright. But they could be better because they break down every 5 minutes for amtrak.

11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

More than just locals, there is at least a manifest train (Daygo?) and a pair of Autorack trains along the line, and these could easily just be layered in from Cajon Pass.

34887027341_322ca4f5a8_b.jpg
    showimage.jpeg

There is also sometimes the occasional military movement as well.
    San-Clemente-military-train-May2021-Mark-MacDougall-1-full-size-1-scaled.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer LA-San Diego (like TSC). Include the Siemens Chargers in Surfliner and Coaster liveries and a BNSF GP60 (or GP60M-3) and ET44C4, SD70ACe, or C44-9W.

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for Freight that can be done by allowing Cajon Pass to layer them here.
    Furthermore
    These DLC locomotives can simply layer to Cajon Pass due to the training Centre being the Tutorial level for locomotives