Us New Route Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MAX1319, Nov 3, 2022.

1. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The loco was announced before the route I believe so we might see the loco first. Probably going to be like 2 weeks before release which is when bcc got announced

2. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

hoping it gets announced before the end of the year

3. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Don't forget SEPTA with their Silverliners between Trenton and Philadelphia, tho SEPTA licence for TSW3 isn't a thing, but it might!

4. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

They dont have one for Train Sim Classic either.
    Given the overhead wire thing, most likely its somewhere here in the Northeast. or Chicago's South Shore line. I think thats what its called.
    If it wasnt for the overhead wire detail i would say who says its not a subway? But then i remember... Boston's Blue line....
    also, any chance for some form of light rail maybe?....

5. i know people are talking now because of this Thursday i can tell u ill be not happy if its the US Route due to the fact the US Loco was on the roadmap since October same with the German Route so i think it makes Sense that it is the Loco or German Route Rivet games Route is not until next year that has already been ticked so rule that out and US Route looks like NJ Transit or NEC based

6. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

US route will only come after the German route, so the stream for next week won't be for the US route

7. rennekton#1349

The stream probably is going to be disappointing. Unless the dlc is almost done, they wouldn't know how to answer questions specific to the dlc. Nothing's been leaked regarding the dlc. It's probably going to end up being a Q&A or probably another stream where they talk about the same issues

8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll just add -- and how about switching?

9. lux#4689

I am 99% sure, it will be a preview stream for the German route on the roadmap. And it will probably release on the 13th December.

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

More than likely it's the US loco (almost certainly the Acela)

• Like Like x 1
  11. max1313

max1313 Active Member

That would be great. Hope we get the US route before the end of the year. I’m looking forward to the US route and US loco

12. lux#4689

According to the roadmap, the order is:
    German route -> US route -> US loco

13. MAX1319

So that means must likely the US loco is for the new route and not Boston Sprinter as previously thought.I guess is still can but at this point it looking less likely

14. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I think the loco will be for both the new us route and Boston sprinter

15. MAX1319

With the new German route announced only about 28 miles in length, I’m getting concerned. Don’t get me wrong I’m looking forward to the German route and it does look interesting, After the release of the 3 TSW3 routes being 116,89,ad 85 miles in length, I had figured the new routes being around 50 miles or longer. With BCC only 37 miles and Bremen to Oldenburg only 28 miles, my hopes for the US route has diminished. I suspect that if the trend continues, the next US route would probably be around 30 miles. I hope I’m wrong but it doesn’t look promising.

16. rennekton#1349

Not all short routes are terrible. I prefer shorter runs anyway since I rarely have the concentration and time to really do long runs. So it may not be for you but other people may enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MAX1319

I don’t recall saying short routes are terrible. I even mentioned that I’m looking forward to the new german route. The US route Im hoping for is the NEC Trenton to Penn which is 57 miles.

18. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

But what line could the do with such short distances?

I guess they could do the 41ish miles of the Washington to Baltimore segment of the NEC, but there would be no local traffic.

Can't really cut down the NYC to Trenton or NYC to New Haven lines.

Would they do an incomplete NJT line? Something like the Coastline only to South Amboy?

19. MAX1319

That’s what I’m afraid of. Not sure what to expect

20. nepclassof84

Coast line to south amboy would be a large let down as would a illogically trimmed down nec route. The original nec route made no sense as Amtrak almost never … if never … stops at Newark airport.

that said what Matt’s comment was it’s not the size it’s the experience. Bcc and Bremen are on the shorter size but the experience looks fun. I haven’t bought bcc yet.

that infers they could do a longer nec route to make the experience better. I believe it’s Amtrak from somewhere to somewhere because I think the us engine is Acela. If it is nec I hope it’s more than just Amtrak because the only part of the nec that is only Amtrak is Newark de to oerryburg md.

the full coast line to bay head with Hoboken included could be fun. The number of trains isn’t very high though

• Like Like x 1
  21. MAX1319

If we do get the Acela, what would the estimate price be? I know in TSW2 they were around 15 dollars for one. in TSW3 seems the price for the locos are lower if we go by the first DLC.

22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If the Loco DLC is indeed the Acela then the new route needs to be long enough to stretch it's legs.
    If it's just a 30-40mile route then even if the route itself is good in terms of variety and gameplay I'm not getting to see the value personally in buying the Acela for it.

Ofcourse that's my personal opinion and others are welcome to disagree

• Like Like x 1
  23. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

If it’s a short routes I’m sadly going to have to send the Acela to Germany :(

24. rennekton#1349

I feel like loco dlcs would still have the same price as the loco dlcs we'll be getting. But dtg could always raise the price. We won't know until they release it

25. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

The first loco DLCs for TSW3 were cheap because they were reskins of existing locos. All-new loco DLCs will be at the TSW2 price or higher.

• Like Like x 1
  26. MAX1319

That makes sense. So we are probably looking at 19.99 for lets say the Acela and if is the NEC trenton and Penn station 39.99. I know is always about time and cost to make the route so they figure to get 60 what could be the biggest US route to date. I’m in. All speculation on my part

27. Loco DLC's are going to jump price as well as everything for PC Steam has had a price hike no matter where u are in the world plus NEC Penn to Philly sounds way better

28. Blacknred81

Except to the environmental artists who would be working on the route, and would have to make both the NYC and Philadelphia skyline correct, as well as every single station in between. It's way too much for regular route release.

29. MAX1319

This is what I would like to see for the next US route. I think it can be a compromised of both passenger and freight if done correctly. With the add on of the Loco (acela) two weeks after the route comes out. I highlighted the parts that would like to make it on this route. If you compare it to the SEHS this route is still is shorter. Would love to get it all the way to philadelphia but I''ll take this especially if it adds more branches. I can dream I guess nec.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  30. nepclassof84

This is my home turf. I would love to see this. Especially since you have the Morris line to broad street and the coast line to south amboy. Would be even cooler if the coast line went to bay head (but it’s probably too much), the spur from the nec mainline to Hoboken (probably too much as it’s a big station) or the raritan valley line as far as roselle (could be doable) was included

31. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

My first choice as well, although my idea was to include Morrisville and Sunnyside depots, and not Broad St. or South Amboy. How many runs actually end at South Amboy anyway? I feel like it's few or none. Still, all great stuff.

32. nepclassof84

In real life very few as the coast line runs to long branch and bay head. There’s 70-75 trains a day on the coast line plus an occasional freight

• Like Like x 1
  33. nepclassof84

It would also be cool if Morrisville and sunny side were included for stock moves

• Like Like x 1
  34. MAX1319

Yea that would be great. Also if we could have LIRR AI on Penn station. The reason I put broad street was to include the time table services for morristown, montclair, and Glastone branch services. That way we could drive those services from Penn station to broad street. I guess they would be around 25 minutes. this would be similar to what was done to london commuter timetable

• Like Like x 1
  35. nepclassof84

25 mins give or take. There would be a fair bit of them too. Exactly why I liked that and the coast line to south amboy. Most are through trains but there are some locals that terminate /originate their for additional timetable entries or to add to a timetable entry

• Like Like x 2
  36. Blacknred81

So with the Acela now officially teased, and for Boston, this makes me question whether the new route will be the predicted NEC line again, or now a standalone NJT route with only the ALP-46.

37. MAX1319

50/50 I still believe is the NEC line. Just a question on which part

38. nepclassof84

I still think it’s an nec line with ny Penn as a part of it.

1. if you’re going to make Acela then you need more than route.
    2. Since you’re going to make Acela a tsw3 loco and upgrade Boston to tsw3 why do that if the next route is not nec
    3. Only logical reason for the old nec route to not be in tsw2 and taw3 is for its upgrade.

my guess is still nyc to Trenton with hopefully njt services and branch lines for the Morris cutoff the coast line and rvl for brief

ie Morris to Newark broad st

rvl to roselle two stops

Coast line to south amboy 3 stops … avenel isn’t much of a stop

39. MAX1319

I think just like the RHTT that has come out for several new routes. Is going to be the same for the Acela. No way they just bring the Acela or just one route

• Like Like x 1
  40. nepclassof84

Wouldn’t it be great if we had three dlcs
    1. Nec ny Penn to Trenton with those branches sunny side and morrisville yards.
    2. Nec Trenton to Newark de with septa services.
    3. Nec Newark de to dc with Marc from perryville md to dc

41. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I am expecting/hoping that there will be at least one more route that involves the Acela. It would be nice to stretch its legs out further than just the Boston-Providence run.

Another possibility, which might annoy people, is what if the "new" US route IS Boston. The screenshot shows they are at least adding the new lighting/clouds to it... what if they also do a route extension and treat that as the new US route, kind of like when they did that with SEHS and it is what counted as the "new" UK route at TSW's release. That was controversial because on one hand it wasn't really a "new" route but on the other it was quite a large expansion of what was already in TSW2 and it was also free for people that already owned the TSW2 version.

• Like Like x 2
  42. max1313

max1313 Active Member

I hope that’s not the case….. if I go back and see they had a German and US route for the longest on the roadmap before TSW3 arrived. I don’t remember them having a UK route on the road map just before TSW3 was announced. I could be wrong but don’t recall

43. Blacknred81

I don't see that happening, the next stop for the Acela past Providence is New Haven, which I believe is over 80 miles, not to mention it would push the route past 150 miles total, and I don't see DTG doing that.
    Screenshot_20221221-093024_Maps.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  44. nepclassof84

That route would also not stretch the acelas legs too much either. It’s one stop but it’s mostly slow twisty turny seaside towns. Would be fun to drive but it would be slow speeds.

45. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Furthermore, I doubt they’d do such a long high-speed route again after Kassel-Würzburg, where one of the main complaints was boredom and a lack of service variety. Future highspeed routes would definitely need to include regional stations/branches and layers again like Köln-Aachen, Munich-Augsburg, SEHS etc.

46. MAX1319

I agree.we definitely need variety on high speed routes.

47. MAX1319

I still thinking most likely is the NEC trenton to Penn and the Acela and AC64 as a layered locos with freight locos like CSX SD40,sand patch,horseshoe.

48. nepclassof84

The us doesn’t have anything like Kassel wurtzburg anywhere. Providence to new haven is also very slow speed. That section of the nec is probably my least favorite part of the line despite its beauty. No matter what sections of the nec they do they all have other services on the mainline. Exception is a small part of norther maryland and Delaware south of Newark

• Like Like x 1
  49. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting take. Will the lighting upgrade be free if you already own the route? I would consider that unlikely. Will DTG release a loco DLC that also upgrades a route? This could be a possibility. If that is the case, the question, besides pricing, is what else could be reasonably expected in such an upgraded route? After all, although SEHS extended did come with the 465 included, the 465 itself wasn't new. So, a route upgrade including an entirely new loco could be expected to have less improvements elsewhere.

In this case, clearly any extensions south of Providence are out, although I will say that the Acela does run fast around South Kingstown, and you could end the route even at New London where Acela has made the rare stop. On the other hand, completing the Fairmount Line to Readville could be a possibility, sort of like the North Kent extension to Dartford. This would open up the depot at Readville as well. If they did this, completed the station at Forest Hills and let Newton trains stop there, and also gave us freight services with an ATC/ACSES compatible loco, then I think it would be enough to be comparable to SEHS extended. Of course, the price point would be key, and it goes without saying that the safety systems must work properly.

50. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I don’t understand the hate on them, I understand people have a short attention span but I get bored stopping every after 5 mins and traveling at slow speeds