Word Filter...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Greyweasel, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Greyweasel

Greyweasel Well-Known Member

Now, I know that a word filter for something like the Creator's Club, were anyone and everyone in game can post is a neccessary evil, considering children play this game. But, this filter rule you guys made is too zealous over one word in particular I've noticed, "ass"(specifically when naming a livery or scenario, not on the CC itself). I mean I don't consider it a cuss, though that's not the issue. My gripe is when you skirt anywhere near that word, like if you want call a design a 'classic', we can't.

So there it is, if you could lax the rule on the word filter slightly, to not ban words close to swears, that would be a treat. Or at least add 'classic' to a white list. And maybe shitake mushrooms too lol.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

So it turns out it was updated in the past so that you could include class which I found after digging in the forums. Check the forums below and you'll find a reply by JD that class can be used.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/what-banned-word-am-i-using.52324/
    However, some tocs won't allow certain words to be used. For example, you can't use the word scotrail or InterCity Express. Also there's some nonsense restrictions such as you can't use a dash

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

It’s basically too finicky for practical worth.
    I’ve decided not to bother, just easier that way than tearing my hair out each time.

4. Greyweasel

Greyweasel Well-Known Member

I noticed it was rectified in the Club BUT it's still a problem in livery designer as of now. "Name not allowed" is the message.