PC Dtg Can Create Sounds (323)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by alexjjones6024, Nov 24, 2022.

1. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Well.. After driving the 323 for over 200 miles, I felt it was only fair to give my compliments on the sounds for this EMU.

Firstly the sounds are 98% spot on, barring a couple of high pitched notes when accelerating and decelerating.

Secondly, the little things like the tick sound, the hissing and also the fact the traction motors go silent when slippings is pretty much true to life. Adding to this, the sounds the notch 1 sounds when entering new Street make it sound like I am physically on one.

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due as this a million times better than the TSC version and makes it much more pleasant to use as a DLC.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 17
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yes I have not really traveled on 323s much as I tend to stay the the east where I belong but the sounds are pretty much how I remember them sounding and have made the 323 one of my favourite units to drive in the game.

I mean they must have done well if you're giving them compliments mate! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I agree, in my opinion the entire recreation of the 323 deserves a huge compliment. DTG matched a good balance in terms of technical details.

Panto isolation, parking brake and all door guard features is just pure enjoyment for me. Even traction isolation for rescue scenarios is possible.

DTG, i hope you can keep that line with the deepness of features and technical gimmicks when creating future rolling stock. Well done.

• Like Like x 8
  4. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Haha ;) , yeah I did check my temperature!! but literally I ride these 2-3 times a week and it's great to know it pretty much has spot on sounds/physics and most of all, I can't stop driving the bloody thing.

At least these ones are on time unlike the real route, no strike action this Saturday on TSW3 lol..

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The level of detail on the 323 I saw in the DTG stream was impressive - arguably the most detailed train in the game to date and it sounded great too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That was probably only possible cuz Daisy helped record the sounds in every nook and cranny possible. She even had to buy her colleague a cake to record the sounds. And then worked closely with dtg to implement the sounds. I wish the train sorta had more bass tho. In cab rides, there's some bass. Some trains have ap sound packs which are usually well implemented. If dtg didn't have ap sound packs, then we would have been stuck with the sounds they have. So all the electrostars would sounds the same with the poor sounds in ecw. You still need recordings to make sounds good which dtg doesn't have a lot of. American freight trains sound poor and unless dtg have access to recordings, they can't really make it sound great.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

If one cake per route is what we need to get good sounds, I think the community would be able to crowdfund that :D

• Like Like x 7
  8. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG could easily get recordings...

9. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Also Traction Motor cables and sanding hoses are visible, thats really a progress forward. Rivet is going into the same direction with the 484.

1.png

The british engineers were really ahead with the splitted disc brakes. Was always a pain to change the monoblock disc brakes on the inner side, removing the entire wheel for that and risking to destroy the axle.

• Like Like x 2
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I love it too. Great job.

11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Only if they are able to find someone who can record sounds like Daisy can, they can go out and record, after they get permission from the train operating company, get it from Armstrong powerhouse (only uk trains), have tsg do the sounds, American horn guy, can't use YouTube videos or travel every time. Sounds can't always be easily obtained, maybe even not at all so the process probably isn't easy. It takes a lot of time and coordination to be able to get the sounds. Even with sound recordings, you still need to mix it properly. Dtg probably do all they can to obtain sounds but it's not always possible to get sound recordings

• Like Like x 2
  12. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

I commuted daily on these trains for years and I agree the sounds are excellent. In fact, the unit as a whole is first class.

• Like Like x 3