PC Upcoming German Content

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by colinL, Nov 27, 2022.

1. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I know this is a silly thread. But I kinda lost the overview about the upcoming German content...

So, theres the Nidderalbahn confirmed (leaked) which supposedly comes with a new Diesel EMU which is supposedly gonna be the BR628?
    In the same turn I've heard about the BR642. I'm not sure, I've heard about both trains rumoured to be included (Either one or the other).

And then we have another route coming which is very certain Bremen-Oldenburg. But we know nothing about the rolling stock really. Rumours are that it could be an old E-Locomotive from the German Einheitslok Baureihe combined with n-Wagen.

And then I've also heard/read somewhere about a BR52 steam loco. Where does that one fit in/rumoured to be? I'm fairly certain I've heard someone on here talking about that "the BR52 is also supposed to come in timeframe XY so theres no place for XY right now"

Can someone just... like tell me if I'm up to date or if I got anything wrong?

Would really appreciate it! :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Definitely no br52 since there's no code indicating it so that's a big no.

The niddertalbahn seems to be after the german and rivets uk route on the roadmap so it's unlikely to be that reveal. And it's likely to be the 612 which was shown in a leaked image which is already in game and runs on the route. Tsg is in charge of the route and since his locos take more than 1 year to make it's unlikely to come with a new loco unless the other people he is working with makes a new loco but that's highly unlikely. And since creating a route is a big task for him, idk if this would be revealed this Thursday.

That really only leaves rivets uk route or dtgs german route. Rivet did say they wouldn't reveal the route until early 2023 but they might have a teaser or a surprise, etc.

3. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

The rumor of the BR52 comes from DCZ and Training Centre, as there are posters showing it. But I think, it was just supposed to show a steam locomotive, as there are 2 steam depots, and 2 narrow gauge steam railways next to the line of DCZ, and the poster was just reused for Training Centre. If it is not on the roadmap, ...

Niddertalbahn is 3rd-party, and will only come after the Rivet-UK-route. The BR 612 will not be included, it was in the image as a placeholder, for testing. No official information, on what will exactly be included, my guess would be the BR 628. The route is set between 1990 and 2010 according to the roadmap. No release this year.

The one that will probably get announced on Tuesday is probably Bremen-Oldenburg. The route was leaked in game-files. No information on rolling stock. The route is set between 1990 and 2010 according to the roadmap. Probably on Thursday preview stream, probably release on the 13th of December.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

In comparison to the average thread here, this is actually a really good one.

Wasn't there also some hint towards the 628 for Niddertalbahn? I vaguely remember something like that, however could be wrong though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers. Regarding the 628 I'm 99% sure that it was basically confirmed (not leaked). That on one of the devs Discord's it was said by one of the devs (don't know which one) that a 628 was coming. Or was it the 642? Wait no I think first people thought the 642 was coming and then the unofficial confirmation about the 628 came about. So basically in some "trusted" "official" Discord the 628 was confirmed. Probably for Niddertalbahn then. But maybe that whole thing was a hoax so who knows...

Sad about the BR52 for now, would love to see it ingame. Maybe its planned though, just not for the near future :)

6. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'm also a strong supporter of steam locos in TSW. The poster of the BR52 in the Training Center can still be a clue. The 3D model has been available in TSC for a long time, only the correct porting in the UE4 is a herculean task. Furthermore the current steam locos from SOS suffer from light physics problems in TSW3 that had not previously occurred in TSW2. Therefore, it can be assumed that all other steam locomotive projects will be put on hold before the programming problem is finally solved. In other words, it will still be a while before the BR52 is ready for a special trip on the Niddertalbahn or the Tharandter Rampe.

I can also provide a small summary of the TSG roadmap: first the BR420, then the Niddertalbahn, then the BR232, then the BR218 and then we'll see... i.e. the Niddertalbahn can come before next summer and Ludmilla from autumn 2023 at the earliest. As you probably know, development takes time. If you also pay attention to quality, as is usual at TSG, it can sometimes take a little longer. The advantage is that you have to patch fewer bugs afterwards. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

You are wrong. The order for TSG is: Route (very probably Niddertalbahn), then BR 420, then BR 232, then maybe BR 218. (If there are no other things, that we not know of)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I can see this route change Bahnstrecke Bremen Delmenhorst Oldenburg with Niddertalbahn Bad Vilbel Stockheim giving its diesel multiple units to Bahnstrecke Bremen Delmenhorst Oldenburg. In return Bahnstrecke Bremen Delmenhorst Oldenburg gives Pressnitztalbahn BR 155 DB Baureihe 425 110.3 Frankfurt am Main Bad Vilbel section on the Bahnstrecke Bad Vilbel Stockheim Niddertalbahn route electrified to 15kv 16.7hz AC.

9. 25262

25262 Well-Known Member

Great to hear about 218s maybe coming as long as they Tb10 or Tb11 because they sound so much better.