PC Tsw2 Dlc That Actually Work?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by atledreier, Nov 27, 2022.

1. atledreier

atledreier Member

I've accumulated quite a few older DLC in TSW3 over a period, and every time I add one, all of them get more cluttered.

Right now it's more or less impossible to know which trains actually work on which routes. Some have SIFA issues, some don't have lights, some won't move at all, some are only meant for AI, some routes have PZB issues, and so on.

Is there a compiled list of what works where?
    Is it possible to clear the lists of trains to ones that actually work on each route?

And finally, is there any hope of these issues being worked on, or is it all TSW3 routes from here on in? The DLCs are advertised as TSW3 compatible, but just loading without crashing is hardly "compatible".

• Like Like x 2
  2. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

All TSW products have many bugs and issues. I doubt most of them will ever be fixed at this point. TSW3 added a few nice things but also other issues.
    Some more some less.
    Generally the newer routes are a bit better then the old ones.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure why you're finding this impossible in TSW3
    Pick a route, go to timetable and it tells you all the trains you can play on that route. Doesn't list AI but the ones you can drive...
    Same with trains, pick a train, pick the train version and it tells you the routes you can drive it on

Many things in the game have issues, but if they won't move at all that is almost always user error. The rest are "quirks" which unfortunately DTG tend not to fix so you just get used to them or go play something else (and that's not an excuse for DTG, I'm a realist so by now don't expect they will actually fix these things (they would have done by now were they going to))

4. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

quirks? Lets call a spade a spade. These are bugs and issues that customers usually expect to be fixed if they make it into a final product that a company sells. Imagine buying a new car and the radio does not work and the car dealer is like "well, you have to live with this quirk"---

• Like Like x 6
  5. atledreier

atledreier Member

No, that's wrong. It's like that, in theory. In practice you're allowed to pick trains that just won't work, or won't work as intended.
    Like I said, some trains you are allowed to pick have issues with SIFA, making them undriveable. Some have issues with lights, making them undriveable at night, unless you use the HUD.
    I agree those that won't move at all are probably my fault and I need to TRFM. :-p

• Like Like x 3
  6. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Which train has a SIFA issue that makes it undriveable?

• Like Like x 1
  7. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

There is a still not fixed bug (since years now) where you cant press the SIFA button if you not once stand up and sit down again. Can be game breaking and make you restart a scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  8. atledreier

atledreier Member

I can't remember off the top of my head, but there are combinations of routes and trains where the stand up thing doesn't work. I've made it a habit to stand up both before and after I activate SIFA.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

Ah OK. So you want a filter for only runs that don't have any bugs in them which annoy you...

Unfortunately I doubt that's going to be possible
    Maybe make a list and then you know which ones to avoid

10. ARuscoe

I bought a car recently. This car was built in 2016, made by a global brand, and the radio system in it is made and programmed by another global brand.
    The Sat Nav doesn't have the ability to navigate by post codes...
    To me that is a huge aberration which may have caused me to not buy the car in the first place had I known before hand. But it is a "quirk of the system" and one I now have to live with
    So yes, there are definitely things end users have to "put up with", but hey we all get the choice not to play this game...

• Like Like x 2
  11. atledreier

atledreier Member

The difference, of course, is that omitting your preferred search method doesn't make the car useless.
    There are known, literal bugs, that make some combinations of routes literally not work. See the difference?

Having said that, I'm currently working on a list of combinations that I know won't work, so I don't have to waste my playtime on them.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ARuscoe

Not really.
    Unless every single run on the route is broken (and I've not seen those) there's always something on the route you CAN drive (with systems turned on or not)

13. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Sorry but that is a silly comparison since the care was not advertised with having a working "Sat Nav ability to navigate by post codes"- YOu just assumed that would work. The car dealer would have been able to tell you it does not work,

TSW is advertised with having "realistic safety systems like SIFA and PZB", so everyone assumes they work.

Now again, was your car advertised with "Sat Nav ability to navigate by post codes" ? No? Then your comparison does not work.

• Like Like x 4
  14. ARuscoe

anyone assuming is likely wrong

15. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

While this may not be the issue originally discussed here, I share the frustration of the user who started this thread.

I'm still using TSW2 and on GWE, the 66 works fine. No bugs, glitches, issues, etc. I can run whatever I want with it with no problems.

The 166 and 43 have major issues here. They constantly dump out of certain runs with LowLevel Fatal 189 errors, video issues and Device D3D drivers.

It's not my computer as the 66 works fine as mentioned above and when I clear temp files, some of this improves, but not fully.

I can't agree with the theory that we should forget about the runs that don't work because we want to actually FINISH the entire DLC.

On another note, what could be the fixes for the above issues with the 166 and 43?

ARuscoe

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. ARuscoe

It's more a case of understanding that DTG just don't work the way people want them to.
    DTG put out the best thing they can at the time within their own self imposed limitations (time, budget, current development strategy) and then spend some more time trying to fix things as we go through time but I don't remember too many times where something that isn't catastrophic (xbox jackhammer sounds for example) where they've gone back and completely reworked things so they work in it's entirety
    I guess savegame may be another example of this, but I think that one was self-inflicted.
    Having been on this forum about seven years, and played TSC and every TSW I am fairly confident in saying that no matter what DTG release there will always be some things amiss, and some of those things will never be fixed or made "right"

Do I think this is a correct way for DTG to work, no. But I'm a realist so I deal with things as they are

• Like Like x 1
  17. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

That doesn't answer how to fix the issues I noted for the 166 and 43, which are important to me so I can finish or come close to finishing GWE.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ARuscoe

Depends on your meaning of "finish GWE"
    The errors you've described aren't ones I've ever seen

19. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

A teaching colleague of mine used to tell students, "When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me".

• Like Like x 3
  20. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

Getting medals on every run, service, timetable mode, journey mode, scenario and training.
    That's odd considering those are common errors, but is a testament to your computer in all likelihood.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ARuscoe

You know that medals can often be attributed to the points being set when the run was developed and not updated when things change, ie programmer error rather than program error?
    I'm sure I'd have seen more posts giving details of them on this and other forums if they were common to many users.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Actually, there are a lot of services & timetable runs where getting anything more than a bronze is annoying.
    The ones I recall at the moment...

All the 'express' trains to and from Paddington ( Diesel Legends )
    Loco. reversal at Penzance ( involving Class 08 shunting the rake )

23. ARuscoe

Yep, the team at DTG could look at the points system and make sure they're achievable
    But then a lot of people think points, medals and "awards" should be removed from the game entirely as you wouldn't drive to achieve points IRL

24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Always choose the newest version of a train (the one at the top of the list). BR o7

TSW.03.png

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2022
  25. 21c164fightercommand

21c164fightercommand Well-Known Member

DTG considers TSW a game, not a serious rail transport simulation. At best a locomotive control desk simulation.

26. ARuscoe

So no points required then...
    Either way some people "like a points based system" because they have a target beyond just driving properly

27. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

As far as these inconvenient bugs go, I really hope this new special projects team ends up being what it's been hyped up to be. I really hope they end up addressing the not completely game breaking bugs too, and in time, but we'll see.

28. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

As I have pointed out before, I am still on TSW2 with GWE and may or may not have received an update to the route.

I don't consider a DLC finished unless I get all gold medals for all playable content within it.

29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I think it must be your computer. I have never had a crash, with any train, on GWE- it may be the most stable, trouble-free route in TSW as far as I'm concerned.

This may underlie your problem:

[SOLVED] UE4 LowLevelFatalError constant crash

Upon further research, i found out it [LowLevel Fatal Error] has to do with a windows setting interfering with the time it takes to the game to load; TLDR, we need to make some registry changes for the game to work.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control, then click the GraphicsDrivers folder and select New>Dword(32 bits), then name it "TdrDelay" and set it to 10, making sure to select Decimal.
    Finally, reboot your pc and try to run the game, it should be fixed.
    (this also should fix the D3D not found problem)

It's possible you aren't seeing this issue in the 66 because it goes slower and isn't demanding tile loads as quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  30. ARuscoe

I have zero issues with completionists, but it's a "minor thing" and not game breaking for me