PC Warley National Model Railway Exhibition

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by graham.haddon, Nov 27, 2022.

1. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

My other half and myself introduced ourselves to Matt today at the NEC and had a quick chat. A thoroughly friendly and pleasent guy. We passed the DTG stand a couple of times and it was very busy every time we passed. It was great to see Train Sim World being enjoyed by the younger generation aswell as the older, very much a reminder that TSW is intented for all audiences. Hopefully some new customers gained and a worthwhile trip up to the Midlands I hope? I also saw but did not get chance to talk to Adam, Cat, Daisy and Jamie. It was fantastic to see DTG's presence and see the team in their element.
    Also I would like to say to the team has done a fantastic job on Birmingham Cross City and in particular a big shout out to Daisy, (apologies we didn't say hello), who went the extra mile to get some first class reference material for the route. Hopefully you will be involved with future DTG routes...?

A super day ironically only let down by the train journey to the NEC. A bit of a fight from Old Hill to change at Smethwick Galton Bridge and at New Street and then on to Birmingham International, a broken down train was the cause of our problems I believe. Thankfully the trip home was much smoother.

Did anybody else pay the DTG stand a visit?

Graham

• Like Like x 10
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Great to meet you both today Graham! Glad you enjoyed the show!

Matt.

3. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Also did and had a lovely time, was great to meet you Matt and team, and glad to have such a personable bunch of ambassadors for Train Simulation as a whole

4. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Same here - appreciate you giving up so much of your time as I ended up hanging out there for quite a while! The DTG crew are a lovely bunch of people, hopefully we'll see you all again.

Notable how popular TSW was with the younger crowd too - definitely a strong future there for train sims.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Yes good catching up with Matt & the team.

Jamie convincing me to reinstall TSC and get the Turkish route was by raving how good it was as well. That man needs to be in sales, he could sell coals to Newcastle with his passion and knowledge.

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The Turkish route is very good. That, plus North Wales Coast and surprisingly the TSC version of NTP have actually proved an almost complete diversion away from TSW the last couple of days, despite my new route acquisitions there as well.

7. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I paid a visit yesterday and I was glad to see the team. I had a nice chat with Matt I talked about Train sim in general and even train sim before train sim classic. So great so see everyone I see you on the stream so its nice at these events you can get to speak to some of the community

8. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I also visited on Sunday and had a great conversation with Matt, really nice guy to talk to :)