Db Br 111 Leaked On Creators Club???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Nov 28, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

People shouldn’t be praising the actions of the people who have done this. It’s really out of order trolling the whole community, DTG and legitimate third party creators in this way. It’s not cool.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Well there are two different things here. Now we know this is taken from the DB BR 112 it is nothing to do with the new route which is a BR 110 and a N Wagon cab car.

3. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...if it turns out that only one mod (modder) is responsible for it, it still remains worrying. If it worked once to spread such a fake, it can always work again. What strikes me about the BR111 is that it looks too clean for an old E-loco. The texture could have been at least added a little more realism. There are no spec maps as with normal TSW models, so the work was sloppy. According to the decrypted text message, the modder used an existing setting of a BR112 to convert it to the BR111. Now we know his trick, hopefully DTG will take measures to prevent something like that in CC in the future...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

Well, if I understand this correctly, this was all just meant to be a leak for his project, which is the 111.
    The 111 is still a WIP, so I assume there will be weathering in the future. Also, this is really just a child object placed onto a 112, so it's not really its own model.
    If I understand it correclty, the creator managed to trick creators club into thinking that it was an actual thing that he could upload, while it only was a .ugc.

5. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

My final thoughts about the 111 in TSW3: A brand new level of modding!

• Like Like x 5
  6. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Man, now I really wanna see a BR111 in TSW :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

While I think it is exciting to see modders trying new things I think uploading it to Creators club (CC) is a terrible idea. If you create a mod and upload to your own site or a Train Sim Community type website explain it is a mod and what to expect. You give people the choice of downloading it or not. If you upload to CC a place where most users expect to see only DTG/3rd Party approved content provide no information that it is an unofficial piece of content, Create confusion amongst the DTG/3rd Party Developers. Allow users to download content that could corrupt there installation. Then I feel the creator is going to create bad feeling between DTG and the modding community which will serve neither in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  8. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

What was uploaded isn't really content that can corrupt your game

• Like Like x 1
  9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I am always willing to learn new things explain how you know? Has this been tested on all the various platforms? And any comment on the rest of what I wrote? My other point was why not clearly explain that it is unofficial mod and what to expect if you try to download it??

10. RedBandit#9000

RedBandit#9000 Member

I thought it was bloody hilarious. Nice one by Foob!

• Like Like x 6
  11. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

Well, the liveries actually included something, but seeing as the model doesn't exist that way, it just won't apply to anything. Same goes for the scenario, the loco doesn't exist, therefore can't be used in the scenario, which just makes it not exist. Scenarios and liveries don't apply anything to the base game files anyway (which are .pak files), sooo

12. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Now I dont now UE4, but on other games changing out a 3D model is not a big deal. A lot of times its as simple as changing textures if you know the file structure. The effort is the creation of the model itself. Where the trickery lies in this case is getting stuff into the CC which should not be there. And here comes my point, if that can appear in CC, stuff could appear that really is not supposed to be there. Did any of you subscribing to this stuff give a thought about it beeing potentially harmful? You should have at least.

13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Are you sure the UE4 codebase that implements the Scenario creator/Livery functionality all works the same way on all of the platforms?
    Should this useful information not be uploaded with the Mod so users are aware how it works and that it is not official? A couple of lines like unoffical Mod not tested on Console only PC. Why no user information so people can be aware of what it is?

14. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

I assume that's just because it doesn't actually contain anything except the livery, which won't do much without the 111 mod itself? Also, the base game files can't be corrupted by something like that, otherwise the creator club itself wouldn't work at all and downloading a repaint for something you don't own would break yor game too...

• Like Like x 1
  15. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

the mod itself for the BR 111 is not available. So you can download the livery for the BR 111, but it won't do anything, as you don't have the BR 111. So nothing really happens. That file is the livery file, which needs to be the same on all platforms, else none of the liveries in CC would work.

• Like Like x 1
  16. theicehound101

theicehound101 Member

Would just like to personally praise the person who pulled this off, well done you did something no one thought could be done. Proud of you.

• Like Like x 6
  17. annadess

annadess Member

The livery file shared on CC contains the base color of the livery, the shapes, letters and logos added, their color and position on the train. That's it, that's all the game can really work with. I imagine if you download what was uploaded the game just treats it as if you downloaded a livery to a locomotive you don't have, and ignores it. All someone did was create a loco only they (or a select few) have access to, create a livery for that loco with livery designer, add a few lines of text to the end for us to read when we open the file in notepad, and that's it. You can't use a livery to inject malicious stuff into your PC or Console if all it really does is to slap shapes and colors onto a tain. Hope that calms you down <3

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I will summarise my main point. If you upload something take responsibility for telling people exactly what it is. Simple!

19. lux#4689

Well, the person did that. It is a livery for the BR 111. The BR 111 is just not publicly available.

• Like Like x 9
  20. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

As there are trophies on ps5 for a br 110 and a route with the name of BRO something is coming as DTG and TSG have come out with not working on it the only of 3rd party is Rivet and they are working on a German route. For HDX (holiday Express) is something confusing

21. lux#4689

You are mixing everything now up.
    BRO is the German route from DTG that is on the roadmap.
    Rivet is officially working on an UK-route.
    We have no more information atm for HDX.

All these things have nothing to do with the BR 111.

• Like Like x 1
  22. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Purely speculation but HDX will probably be some sort of Christmas themed project similar to the RhB Anniversary Collection Rivet released. There was actually a game from tsc where the dlc was called Holiday Express where it is christmas themed model railway I think that had cool effects and you do stuff on it. It might either be similar to that or they might relivery a loco and release it for a route and make it do christmas themed stuff

• Like Like x 1
  23. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

They can't break NDA if one's in place.

24. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

I've read all of that now. but somehow I have more questions than answers.

Who would work so hard just to fool a few people? did you take a closer look at the model? I mean, it's really well done from what you can see, and they even made sure to put the right number on the loco...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  25. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

Judging by what was inside the .ugc, it wasn't meant as a troll only, but to show people that something like this being actually possible, and the people behind this are gonna continue working on it.

26. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think that after a couple of years of people asking for an editor, asking for certain routes there's a part of the community using this reveal as a way of removing the monopoly and saying " we can do it too"

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

As long as it doesn't compromise with data security, I believe that breaking the monopoly with incidents like these is actually good for the community. A competition from inside means TSW will continue to grow at the same time forcing DTG to innovate and expand !

28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Is this just a good joke or a train from the upcoming GER DLC?

29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

30. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...of course you think at first: wow a new loco. If you have read the previous comments carefully, it turns out that if you have enough insider knowledge, it is possible to provide an existing loco setting with a new 3D model in the UE4. In this respect one can attribute competence to the modder, but at the same time he also breaks rules that were created by DTG in order to avoid abuse in CC. Such an indirect advertising campaign can then backfire.

The texture is right, it corresponds exactly to the real model. Looks more like a former TSC model was uploaded with three different textures. With this level of detail, you are easily above the set 300 layer limit.

• Like Like x 1
  31. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

It's not a TSC model, it's a new model made by a person named DeinFrühstück

• Like Like x 1
  32. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Just looked at Discord and I think I found the creator of this mod! ;) All in all I think the loco turned out really well. You could have imagined that this would cause such a fuss. A legal way as a registered 3rd party developer would have been a more diplomatic solution I think.

33. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

Well, I already mentioned who this was made by on page 3 of this thread, I'd recommend reading my second message there to prevent further confusion :)

34. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Sorry don't want to draw any wrong conclusions here. So thank you for the background information you provided!

Update: The BR111 has since been removed from Creators Club. Rightly so, in my opinion, because playing against the rules shouldn't pay off!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  35. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

It was already stated yesterday that they'd remove it today, they just didn't want to remove it yesterday because that could make it look suspicious, at least according to JD.

36. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As an apology to DTG, TSG, and the community (some people seemed to have a mild heart attack), the loco should be provided for free and put into the game, when functionality and sounds get sorted. :D it is a nice 3D model at the end of the day and 111s are still active throughout the DB network (SKA, RRO, HRR, and HMA being probably the best fits). Variety from 143s and Traxx locos.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

A guy named "YourBreakfast"?

How original! :cool:

38. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

As seen 1 minute ago?!

upload_2022-11-29_12-1-2.png

39. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

also new trophies have gone live, group 22 and 23, including the 110 and some holiday express so looks like several new dlc packs to be announced!

40. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

If only it was that easy huh

• Like Like x 1
  41. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I get why it would have to be removed, and how they didn’t go through official methods so it’s probably not going to happen that they become a developer for locos.

however it’s still possible as far as I know that whoever uploaded the br111, did so because of a want for that loco, there’s nothing financially to gain for them uploading it to creators club. Obviously there still remains the issue of how they managed to do it of course.

just my thoughts on this.

42. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I also think that the 3D model of the BR111 is appealingly well done, the three livery variants offered correspond exactly to the real models. My only point of criticism, the missing spec maps, i.e. signs of wear and tear on the paintwork. Nevertheless, the procedure was wrong to simply load it into CC and take DTG by surprise with it, so that they (and Maik) are forced to comment. Apart from that, it's simply not enough to use an existing setting of the BR112. Driving characteristics, sounds and handling would have to be completely adapted, which is why developments usually take quite a while...

My final thoughts on this, from now on we're only looking forward to Thursday! ;)

• Like Like x 4
  43. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

I don't really think anyone here really knows what happened yesterday, so I'm just gonna sum it up: Foobian uploaded two liveries and one scenario for the 111, which didn't actually include the 111 itself. It was just the repaints and the fake scenario, nothing more. To what you said: that whole thing is still a WIP, so I assume that the stuff you mentioned will be adressed in the future. I'd also recommend keeping in mind that those liveries are actually livery designer liveries so that they work on CC, that's probably why some details are missing. You can achieve a lot more outside of the LD, for example with substance painter.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

45. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

Or Skyhook Games, Just Trains ?
    Even an unannounced Virtual Railroads Partner?

46. lux#4689

Neither. It is a mod (not available), that was used to troll everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  47. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Dtg conformed it's not them or other devs. One of the members in the forums went into the files and found it was used to fool everyone. The modder took the 112 and then used unreal to make it into a 111 and found a way to upload it to creators club

• Like Like x 1
  48. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

The modder didn't upload the mod itself, he just uploaded the liveries, which ofc don't work if you don't have the 111.