Train Sim World 3 Update

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by terry english, Nov 28, 2022.

1. terry english

terry english Active Member

Why is it that when an update comes along it causes me problems? The update goes smoothly until it reaches 100%. Instead of being completed it says disk write error. So I retry and it says patching. Once again on reaching 100% it again says disk write error.
    I've done the right-click on the game, gone into local files and verified the files, and all files verify OK,
    But I cannot use the game because of that disk write error it says paused. Can anyone suggest how to sort this out, because I'm getting to the point where I just want to uninstall the whole flipping thing and forget it
    Terry

2. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

Never ever had this. What is the free space you have left on the drive? SSD or HDD?

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This sounds like a hardware or protected file issue on your end.
    Look to see if your disk is full, if windows or your antivirus is doing updates etc
    Last thing to check would be pausing your antivirus active protection whilst installing the update (don't start browsing etc in the meantime obviously) as sometimes this can give false positives on updates