PC West Cornwall Local - Class 101 Dmu Layer Gone

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Andy L, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Andy L

Andy L Member

Up until around 6 or 7 months ago in TSW2 there was the option to drive the Class 101, I think from the Tees Valley dlc, in timetabled mode then it disappeared. Uninstalling and re-installing both routes didn't bring it back. I installed TSW3 yesterday and the situation is the same, no 101 in WCL.
    I've seen one post that links the disappearance to a Tees Valley update, but also more recent ones from those who drive the 101 in WCL.
    Has anyone still got the 101 layer in WCL?
    Any way to get it back in my copy of TSW2 or TSW3?
    Are DTG or Rivet aware of the issue and is there any plan to fix it?

2. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

I still have the layer in TSW3, actually the journey mode will put me in a 101 more often than a 150.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I did a drive on the route a few days ago, second Journey I think, which was in the 150 but there were plenty of 101's about on other services.

4. Andy L

Andy L Member

Thanks both. It's definitely no longer there for me. Any advice on how to restore it in either TSW2 or TSW3 would be very welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Could try validating your files in Steam, in case something has corrupted.

6. Andy L

Andy L Member

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that option but unfortunately it's not fixed it.

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Purely speculating; is it definitely TVL you need, and not NTP?

8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think it is NTP which the class 101 layers from as I uninstalled NTP when I purchased WCL in the sale last week, which I have to say is a much better route than I expected and the class 150 patch makes the class 150 bearable.

I am sure I have seen a Youtube video of the GW legends one on the St. Ives branch as it had a Lxxx set number, unless that was custom made scenario.

9. Andy L

Andy L Member

I've got both but I'll uninstall and re-install NTP and see if that makes a difference.

10. Andy L

Andy L Member

Done that and the layer is still missing. Searching suggests that it is the NTP 101 and not the TVL unit that's needed but I wonder if at some point it changed to the one in the Diesel Legends of the Great Western dlc.
    It would be good to know if those with the 101 layer in WCL also have the Diesel Legends pack. If that's the case I might buy it whilst the sale is still on, I fancy a blue Western in any case.

11. theorganist

I was thinking the same as I don't want to see the rest of the layers but the class 101 is reasonably realistic for the area in the period set. I tried to find the video last night but couldn't.

12. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

If it helps: I get the Class 101 layered on WCL. And yes, I´ve got the Diesel Legends Pack.
    But TBH I don´t know from where it comes. NTP, TVL have the Class 101 running. Even layered into WSR, but again: I don´t know where from because I have all these DLCs and they were purchased and installed together.

Train Sim World 2_20221129135712.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Andy L

Andy L Member

It's a big ask but is there any chance you could temporarily uninstall both NTP and TVL and see if you've still got the 101 layer in WCL?

14. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Hi Andy,

I´d do it for a fellow forumite, for sure. The problem is I´m in TSW2 on PS4 and only a full deletion and reinstallation of all DLCs (without NTP and TVL) would do the trick.
    But I can do something else: The Classes 101 which I see on NTP, TVL, WSR and WCL have some slight differences. I´ll try to identify them individually when I have some time in my hands. Although, I´m quite certain that the Class 101 on WCL and WCR comes from the Diesel Legend package, because also a few other old blue BR locos appeared on these routes.

See also here: https://train-sim-world.fandom.com/wiki/West_Cornwall_Local
    upload_2022-11-29_16-3-54.png

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. Andy L

Andy L Member

I don't want to put you to that trouble! Us PC users are obviously spoiled! It's very easy to add and remove dlc. Removing is instant and adding is the time it takes to download.
    I saw that doc at the link and although it quotes L8xx set numbers I wasn't sure if that was a tweak by Rivet of the NTP unit. I can't remember whether the units had set numbers in WCL when I last had them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. theorganist

The L set numbers certainly suggest they are from the diesel legends pack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Andy L

Andy L Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andy L

Andy L Member

Curiosity got the better of me, I've just bought the Diesel Legends pack and the 101 now in WCL is definitely from that pack despite the available documentation stating that it's the one from NTP.
    WCL_101.jpg
    The change doesn't seem to have been publicised so I hope this thread will clarify matters. Many thanks to all who have contributed, much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Great! Enjoy the Class 101. I love that "loco", although she needs time to get used to her. Especially on the brakes. And yes, as already mentioned, WCL is an appropriate route to stretch her legs.

• Like Like x 2
  20. theorganist

21. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Stuff like this is so irritating i was trying to find where it went only to find out i have to purchase yet another pack to get something i already own back. cant waste any more money on this.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I could agree here. However the Diesel Legends Package is quite a lot more layering in on several routes with several locos. So, value for money is quite OK, I´d say.

23. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

I was never interested in it. I dont want to pay to get back something i already had.

24. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Quite strange it needs this particular Class 101 from Diesel Legends. Considering they're all the same, any 101 should have worked.

Changing the requirements so people who didn't own Diesel Legends actually lost something, is also something which shouldn't have happened. Wouldn't be the first time DTG took something away. (I still miss my diesel railtours on SEHS which should've been preserved).

But they'll probably just point out you still have your stuff in TSW2... they don't seem to get how a *collection* actually works... one of the things TSC actually does a whole lot better than TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Let me look into this... I can't remember what I originally used when I set it up - using Diesel Legends makes sense because it'd be the western region version of the 101 but...

Let me check with the team and look at change logs for the timetable and see if I can find out what changed, when and why.

Matt.

• Like Like x 5
  26. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

was that the one that showed up as night owl or something like that. i used to see it when walking around the line at night

27. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Matt, I found the old forum post from the DLC’s release that 100% confirms the 101 was layered in from Northern Transpennine.
    Here you go: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/west-cornwall-local-4th-november-plus-improvements.48118/

28. DTG Matt

Yep i've looked at all the latest files in our repository, and the configuration that sets up dependencies to work - and it's literally all still set up for NTP as well so i'm utterly perplexed about this. Spoke to Adam L and he confirmed none of his team have done anything to change this either, and wouldn't.

I'll continue looking...

Can I get you to try it one more time without Diesel Legends?

Matt.

29. theorganist

I don't possess diesel legends but have NTP.

The class 101 is not available when I go into WCL.

30. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

On my PS5 the game hasn't subbed in 101s for many months now, If I choose the 101 it's the only one that appears in the game, I don't get any 150s in custom liveries either.

31. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I have NTP with the Heavy Freight Pack, but not Diesel Legends. The 101 doesn’t appear for me in-game, but all the other trains from the NTP & Freight Pack layer do. It’s not in the service selection and isn’t being driven by AI, either.
    Should note that I also have Tees Valley Line installed, I hope the two 101s in both routes don’t cancel each other out or something like that. PS4 on the latest patch.

32. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

OK, so if I remember correctly. The 101 that is layered into WCL is the two coach 101 from Diesel Legends. So I think you'll need Diesel legends downloaded.

33. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It literally says it's the Class 101 from "Great Western Express" in the timetable menu. No other 101s available to choose from.

20230117202511_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. nahtankski

nahtankski Member

I own only NTP, and non of the locos from it show in West Cornwall's timetable menu. I used to be able to choose the 101, but never had the option of the class 45 or 47.

35. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

You need the BR Freight Pack as the loco-hauled services that NTP adds need to the 08 to shunt them.

36. DTG Matt

Finally tracked down what's happened here.

So yes, just to confirm that the Class 101 from NTP used to work on West Cornwall - proved that now.

There was a change made to the substitution tags on various 101's to change how they (and the 150) substituted around in various places and to stop them showing up in places they shouldn't. One of the changes had the unintended side effect of preventing the Midland Region (NTP) 101 from showing up on the WCL timetable, which is why it now only offers up the Diesel Legends 101 as this is a Western Region vehicle and thus matches the tags.

We have a fix submitted and it's likely this will come as part of the West Cornwall Steam update.

Matt.

• Like Like x 6
  37. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Related - would it be a lot of work to enable the WCL Class 150 to sometimes substitute for the 2-car Class 101 that does the Middlesborough-terminating services on TVL? As I understand it would be period-accurate and hopefully add a bit of gameplay variety for little work (per my limited understanding) on the DTG end.

38. theorganist

Strictly speaking the Regional Railways livery didn't come out till 1992 the class 150/2 would have been in its original Provincial livery then. Also the nearest 150's were at Neville Hill in Leeds and would have been used on services like the Scarborough to Liverpool. Class 143's were the main second generation DMU in the Newcastle/Teeside area with some class 142's, mainly the ex Laira chocolate and cream "skippers".

I think there maybe a mod for it to appear though, there is on NTP.

39. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Brilliant, thanks for the info!

40. theorganist

The trouble with the way TSW works, you can't choose. It is a shame you can't choose to use the class 150 to sub in for a 101 if you wish.

If they made it an official layer on TVL I am afraid I would start revolting, although it wouldn't beat the layers on WCL for inaccuracy!

• Like Like x 1
  41. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for fixing this, Matt! Can’t wait to run the 101 on West Cornwall again :D

42. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Thank you