Upcoming Release Master The Electrics!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 29, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Updated earlier on this here.

2. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Well this makes a change from a usual German route that comes with another set of Dosto's.

But joking aside, this geniuely loks great and really thinking about it, considering this is the last major route release of the year (aside from the rumoured Holiday Express pack) we would've had 3 German routes this year and they've all brought something a little bit different compared to what a typical German Route release would be, for example.
    • Tharandter Rampe gave us TSW's first German DMU (and first tilting train at that) with the DB BR 612.
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Kassel-Würzburg was the first truly dedicated high-speed German Route (not to say we've have German High Speed routes before, but this one was truly dedicated to it, rather than it being a small part of it.
    • ...and now with Bremen – Oldenburg, it's a typical German loco formula (like a German passenger loco+coaches and a freight loco) but with a more vintage twist (Set in the late 2000's). The BR 110 is the passenger loco, but instead of it coming with Dosto's again, we have N-Wagons. Instead of using the BR 185.2 again, we have the BR 155, this time in blue PRESS livery. Even with the BR 425 on the side, the two recycled locos here are two that haven't been recycled much outside of simply adding layers or substituting into other routes/services. EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that this is a route set in the North of Germany, we only have one of those so far, and I can already tell that regardless of how thing go, this route is way superior to the previous time we had a route set in that part of Germany.
    Also from reading the article, it noticed this route is going to have a new freight wagon, in the form of the tadgs, which is a hopper wagon that looks something like this.
    [​IMG]
    I also noticed this in the article:

Does that 1478 include AI services aswell, or is it actually the total number of drivable services, I like to think it's the former, as I can't sure see this route topping London Commuter for most services of any TSW route. EDIT: Exactly what I thought, it is the total number of services including AI. The 272 number is the number of drivable services here

...and finally, a really cool feature of the fact that there is a drawbridge on this route that is going to actually be animated and working.
    [​IMG]
    Not to mention that you can apparently colour the Barge. That's going to be a hilarious sight to see in Creator's Club (if it can be shared there of course).

So yeah, this could be a really great route, and I look forward to seeing it show off in the preview stream on Thursday.

Image Source: https://www.ewl-twg.pl/en/tadgs-wagon-with-open-roof-85-m³-for-the-transport-of-grain/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Pretty much my thoughts. And while the older stock is most welcome, sorry but the route is too short, even less than BCC so it will be hard to justify £30 for this. Did that tick someone's bingo card?

I would also have liked to see the N wagons as the original Silberlinge, complete with grotty interiors and plastic leatherette seating.

silber2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

So that’s at least four months since the release of TSW3 before it’s sorted ( and that’s not a guarantee) . It’s really not good enough is it :mad:

• Like Like x 7
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think we may be the kind of people who like trains. I worked that out because this is the forum for the leading train simulator game available and people do tend to talk a lot about trains here. If we saw a classic locomotive and didn’t get excited about it and express feelings of wanting to buy it then I would assume we were on the forum for My Little Pony or something. But no, we like trains. Why are you here?

Anyway, what I was going to post was…

Jolly good stuff.

• Like Like x 22
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

Is length the really best metric to judge somethings worth on?, surely the amount of gameplay it will give you is a better metric to judge it on?
    Personally, I'd take a short route with plenty to do and plenty to look at, rather than a route that just has me sitting there not doing much for an hour (like Kassel)

• Like Like x 15
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Why Germany? There are other countries

• Like Like x 4
  8. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Screenshots look promising and the new 110 & N Wagens look great but I've already spotted a major issue (and one that seems to be continually getting worse with new TSW releases)

The PIS font on the 425 is totally wrong, font is abysmally tiny. I hope there is an intention to fix this as it's comically bad, but other than that I'm looking forward to the preview stream.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Can confirm, this is 1,478 including AI, with all layers installed - 272 driveable for Gen9 players. There will be less for Gen8 players, with the differences mentioned in the article as follows:

With the large amount of services included on the route, there will be some small differences between what Gen9 and Gen8 players will be able to experience. Whilst the majority of layers and additional services are available on both Gen8 and Gen9, the following will be exclusively for Gen9 players:
    • More static stock at Bremen Hbf
    • Playable and AI ICE services.
    • AI BR 146 / Dosto services at Bremen Hbf
    • AI 363 services at Bremen Hbf
    • Playable 363 museum runs

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. rennekton#1349

1478 is the total number of services that includes ai we can't drive. But only around 250 i think (it's in the article) are playable. Those on gen 9 and pc get more services with the 363

• Like Like x 1
  11. OldVern

Not necessarily, but given we had DCZ which was over 80km and the massive SKW (albeit 50% in long tunnels), this does seem a bit sawn off by comparison. It's effectively the TSW German equivalent of Harlem, a route cut of short of where it should have run to - I'm assuming most of the trains continue to Leer, Esens or Wilhelmshavn.

• Like Like x 4
  12. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Despite the route being 44km the modelling on Baureihe 110 and N-Wagen looks superb, The variety of rolling stock also adds more interesting driving to a flat short line. The new operator will hopefully mean there are some more private operators planned for future routes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Well at least the German routes have the realistic speed sign/signal plate/mileage post fonts - we UK fans are still stuck with the generic UE4 font for all of our signs! I'd gladly swap a poor PIS font for a correct signage font.

14. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

I can deal with incorrect speed post fonts, not incorrect PIS fonts.

15. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Nice! I like German routes! I'll get it after the release of the addon. manager.

• Like Like x 2
  16. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Shut up and take my money!! :D:D
    This looks brilliant, love the old-school Regio trains!! ….And that 110 :love:

• Like Like x 3
  17. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Something completely bonkers I only just noticed is that the drawbridge is actually on the drivable mainline, and not on some adjacent bit of track we’d only be able to look at. Already looking forward to players trying to outsmart the timetable and arriving at the bridge while it is still up ;)

• Like Like x 9
  18. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I wonder what will happen if you'll park your train on that bridge and the barge will be coming :)

19. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I speak for all PS5 players:

How many GB?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

This looks pretty good. Unfortunately, I've had to remove all of my German content and it won't be returning until the PS5's DLC limit issue is resolved. Maybe one for a sale down the line...

• Like Like x 2
  21. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

When it comes with a huge Discount (a discount that drops the price below the 'Old' DLC Price) this will be a nice addition to my collection.

Looking forward to the preview stream with interest.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Majestic reply as always

• Like Like x 1
  23. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

I imagine the barge will stop, like what the cars currently do

24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

This dlc looks interesting. I mean it's full of red boxes, but at least they're older red boxes, which are a bit more engaging. And the driving cab looks very good.

And there's more drivable stock than BCC (why?).

I'm not bothered by the short route mileage, that's never been a criterion for me when judging dlc.

I might pop for this one, even though I'm not a superfan of German railroads, they've tended to be a DTG strong point in terms of quality.

On the other hand the upcoming US route and loco will be asking my wallet for a hefty $60-80.

I'll wait and see what Steam cards Santa brings me. I've been pretty good this past year, so I might be able to pop for all three. Hier ist hoffen.

• Like Like x 1
  25. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Me being picky. Incorrect PIS font and glowing red headlights :D there's probably more to do with lighting but that's not my expertise ;) who chooses the screenshots? I think more could be done to show it at its best. I understand they would've been taken during testing but it just doesn't look as polished as it should for advertising. Certainly looks interesting though

26. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Nice read and I’m excited for the route too. Definitely a purchase. I too like longer routes but this one isn’t terribly short and does have a logical endpoint on both ends of the route. It appears to have a nice variety of services.

Looking forward to seeing more but it will be a Christmas present to myself for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

"Boy, you've got a friend in me
    Yeah, you've got a friend in me"

28. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

I understand that it's not a 100km route but you can't do everything at once if you look at the cabcar there, it takes exactly the same time to build as another locomotive. And then on top of that, there's a couple of other things that have been done that were written about in the article. Even a short route can be enjoyable if there is a lot of content.

• Like Like x 2
  29. rennekton#1349

Bcc doesn't have the trains to add in those extra services. None of the uk trains in the game so far would run on the route. Germany on the other hand benefits each other. The trains are literally everywhere and can layer/sub into each other. And the trains are technically reused but with improvements of course. But making a new train from scratch vs improving (no matter how large of an improvement it needs) existing stock are very different from each other

• Like Like x 1
  30. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Thank you, much better! Wasn't meant offensive either way:)

But... it's the technique that matters....

• Like Like x 3
  31. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Personally Id rather have a shorter route if it means:

1) A new loco
    2) A new set of carriages including a cab car
    3) New freight cars
    4) Improvements to other existing trains
    5) High quality route
    6) Smooth performance.

So far BRO offers 4/6, can it achieve 6/6?

• Like Like x 10
  32. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Extended it to Munich right now please.

• Like Like x 2
  33. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Is that a new 425 ?

34. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I'm officially excited :love:

• Like Like x 4
  35. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Looks very, very good, but why-oh-why so short?

• Like Like x 1
  36. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Kassel-Würzburg has shown that the length of a route doesn’t matter. What really matters is the trains that run on the route, and how enjoyable it is to drive those trains on the route. This route looks incredibly promising.

• Like Like x 6
  37. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the preview streams on this, :cool: appreciate there being a cab car, maybe a lesson learned and improved from the 101 release …?

nice to the see Ai and services layering with ICE1 also

Only issue noticed is a inconsistency with the DB425 PIS, nice to get some more info/clarity on that one.

overall thought on this upcoming route is positive :)

• Like Like x 1
  38. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am excited with this addition but if it is priced at £30 will only buy for my xbox and leave it for PC until it is £20 in the sale. Used to buy both platforms but cannot now justify £60 for both now I am an OAP. Sorry DTG but you will have to wait a little longer for my money. Hopefully there will be an xbox sale sometime in the next five years.

• Like Like x 5
  39. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

N-Wagen! A 110! These are huge additions to the DB stock catalogue. Decent route, the layers are promising.

Any chance of Addon manager by then? It's getting to a point where I'll have to dedicate TSW3 entirely to German routes.

• Like Like x 3
  40. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

currency is tough, especially now, hopefully should ease up in the hopefully not too distant future :)

41. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

You sir, win the Internet for the day.

• Like Like x 2
  42. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Another no cab car passenger train o goody,So if they can't make a cab car dtg just says you have to run the engine around as a cover.Now if doing this is true that fine but if this train also uses cab cars they why leave them out again?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow, this actually looks pretty promising!

The more retro feel with the BR110 and the N-wagen is something that was really needed for the german lineup by now - previously I just couldn't be interested in the same looking german rolling stock with all the Dostos and multiple units. Also like the look of the blue 155.

The shorter length really doesn't bother me, because if I understood correctly this is actually the full length of the line, right? I prefer shorer but full length routes over incomplete sections of otherwise longer routes.

If this ends up being good, it might make me jump onto the TSW3 bandwagon, we will see.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Dinosbacsi

Umm, there is a cab car though? What are you talking about?

• Like Like x 5
  45. OldVern

That said, I loathe the cab cars on the other routes so the fact everything is worked from the loco could yet sway me to buy this.

46. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

If you have the XBOX version you can install itt on PC. Just use the XBox PC version of TSW3 instead of the Steam version. No point paying for it twice.

• Like Like x 2
  47. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

y-Wagen are something different and Y-Wagen are also something different. n-Wagen ^^

I guess he is talking about the mentioned services in the article without cab car, so... because it is probably accurate SHINO BAZ . There are also services without cab car in the timetable, which means that the loco has to shunt to the other ending.

48. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

This is quite a wonderful addition to TSW's German stock pool, in terms of gameplay and age (the 110 and n-Wagen), aswell as liveries (the PRESS 155). This should provide for some good gameplay, definetely with a timetable that sounds promising (and those are what really sell it for me). The future layering potential is also huge. I can totally overlook length for this one, and the unique features like working drawbridge and paintable barge are nice additions aswell. Definetely looking forward to this one.

• Like Like x 4
  49. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

I have to comment on DTG's step up in content with TSW3, and complement them on that.

Besides the issues, where are plenty, and still need fixing, and nobody should buy a product in that state, etc.etc., there are a lot of improvements done from the previous two titles that I feel need to be pointed out.

TSW3 brough a new lightning system, as requested by the community. Longer routes, as requested by the community. The first service train in the history of TSW, the first "vintage" german route, the long awaited ICE1, a remake of SEHS, many new assets to place on trackside with higher resultion and detail, and an overall increased quality and detail level along the tracks.

There hasn't been a single DLC without anything completely new. And this DLC has as much content as we haven't seen since the TSW2020 times, when they introduced a new country.

Well done, and I hope that, with more time going down the river, the bugs are sorted out and TSW3 can be the new start into a better future of the franchise.

• Like Like x 6
  50. Dinosbacsi

Ah, thanks for the correction. I have edited my original comment to fix it.