Upcoming Release Master The Electrics!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 29, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Has there been any improvements to the BR155 or is it just a reskin? Will we be able to sub in for the original BR155 on it's layers as well?

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

So, the HRR is needed (info in the article) only as a host for the 101?

// Theoretically, the 101 works without HRR.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2022
  3. mauricio.g.mustapic24

mauricio.g.mustapic24 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

By the late 2000s, the poor old 110s had been restricted to 120 km/h. So not fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

You make a great salesman Matt. Guess I'll have to sneak down to Asda and buy a Steam card or two when the wife isn't looking...

As regards route length well it's all relative I guess. Many of us would pay Day 1 for a Blackpool Tramway in the 70's (12 miles) or the Ffestiniog/Welsh Highland Railway. Or indeed Germany the line up to Brocken Mountain, The difference being I guess they are complete routes, rather than a fragment of something that goes much further.

• Like Like x 3
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Every part of this post is a massive plus point, especially the bit about a Class 86 or 87 coming in the future (I know, nothing to talk about, nothing confirmed, very much not a hint etc.).

I take it the barge is the one that was seen at Dresden but then quickly disappeared after apparently only I had spotted it, or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just checked on latest development build and I can use the blue one on a wide range of routes and I can use the red one on Bremen. You may need the red one to unlock a layer though in the first place depending on how its been set up in each case.

No changes to the 155 other than colour of course.

No, but it will sub in for locos like the 146.2 so there's a decent range of other routes it will run on - though it will be using whatever coaching stock that had, it wont bring the n-wagens with it. No way to use those currently other than on scenario planner, outside of the included scenarios/services etc on Bremen.

Matt.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Bremen-Oldenburg is the complete route, for the RS3 and RE19.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG Matt

Nothing at all, beyond that i'm a massive fan of the AC Electrics and will get one in one day. Beyond that, no sight of it in the future at all i'm afraid.

Just to dampen some enthusiasm there :)

The model isn't completely new, but was adjusted and then extra stuff like livery designer added. No idea if it was ever visible on Dresden in the past.

Matt.

• Like Like x 3
  10. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to have a look, if the physics improvements on the BR 425 from BRO can be added to the BR 425 from HRR (including LZB), as that one layers on several other routes, including HMA, where you could use the LZB in timetable mode?

I expect a no as answer, but I hope that I am wrong.

11. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

I am excited! It looks great!

12. DTG Matt

Unfortunately the old routes aren't set up for substituting the 425 I don't think, so it will take someone going back through them, updating the formations and then resimulating timetables etc - certainly possible but nothing that's planned and not a five minute job. I'm sure the modders will hack the timetables to switch things over for the PC users though :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. lux#4689

Thanks for the answer. Was exactly, what I was expecting.

If the BR 110 is substituting for the BR 146.2, is it also working with the cab-car. I am not sure, but I think IRL, they can't work together? Someone might correct me, if I am wrong.

And an other question, that has been raised quite a lot on other forums and on Discord: Is a mixed 1st/2nd-class n-Wagen included? In the screenshots and the promo video, we can only clearly see 2nd-class coaches and the cab-car.

14. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

but isn’t it the same with the Br146.2? You can use the newer ones from DRA and KWG on older routes; so won’t it be possible to use the Br425 from BRO on e.g. HRR?

15. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Does that also mean no spark-effects with the new 155?

16. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So your partly right. The thing is: Br110 CAN drive with Dostos- but only when they pull them. It’s not possible for them to push them, because the Br110 has got a cable that no Dostos have. The only cab cars that the Br110 can work with are the N-Wagen cab cars (correct me if I’m wrong).

To be honest: I think the Br110 looks amazing in front of the Dostos; here is a picture!

upload_2022-11-29_23-48-6.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Technically even the 110 cannot do anything with the Dostos we have in the game. But for the better gameplay i added some logic in there that detects if there are n-Wagen with TB0 behind it or Dosto with SSTF. The white swich will not work with Dostos behind her. Only the shortcuts Y U or the gamepad d-pad commands. The cab car can only work with the 110 yet. It is using KWS36 as the MU connection. No loco in the game, other than the 110, can understand KWS36 yet. IRL they are all not compatible. There are some BR143-W that got KWS36, but they were really rare. When you see Kako's with BR111, then they have ZWS equipped. Kako's with BR218 or V100 (west, BR212)) also using KWS36, but with a different desk to control a diesel loco. There are not much use cases for these cab cars other that with the 110, or maybe a 141. Possibly even with some rare 151 that got TB0 door control. It's complicated.

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  18. lux#4689

Thank you Maik for all these information.

Just one question:
    As much as I like those special formations when choosing a service myself (fun-drive), I don't like seeing such unrealistic trains, when I want to drive more realistically. (as also the BR 143 driving way too fast on SKA). Would it not be possible to make the AI only choose the real and realistic choices, but the player has more choices on locos, he wants to choose from? That way, AI would be realistic, but anyone can drive with the loco he wants to, like we can now already?

19. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

BR 110 with good old "Scherenstromabnehmer".

• Like Like x 1
  20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Happy to hear we can use it elsewhere, although I do feel an opportunity was lost by not at least giving it correctly working LZB if Im being totally honest.

• Like Like x 2
  21. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I bought Harlem today.
    I refunded Harlem today. Too short, not enough movement, thought it was a trainscalextric.

I think this will be a better choice. Us passenger routes is like shuffling refrigerators about. Souless canisters powered by electric

• Like Like x 2
  22. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

Looks really amazing. I’ll be waiting until the add ons manager is released first though. I really can’t be bothered with the hassle of deleting and reinstalling DLC’s…. Hopefully the wait is nearly over.

23. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well the 425 is a emu and emus with different formation lengths can't sub into each other. It's not that simple. Reason why the 313 need a whole new timetable in ecw. It couldn't sub a 3 car into a 4 car which the game can't do. A whole new timetable would need to be made and tested. And since the 425 got upgraded physics, the whole timetable needs to be tested cuz it could result in arriving late to stations and well messing up the dispatcher and causing chaos if it comes to that.

146 on the other hand is a loco. Locos only need to sub locos themselves, so no issues with incorrect formations. That's why you see locos subbing into everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

This route is definitely a candidate to come to my house on the first day. The images look very beautiful and you can tell that the whole team has done a great job. Knowing that Maik has implemented the sounds of the 110 and the n-wagen I am happy and hope that the rest of the sounds in general are up to par.

As always, a German route offers superior added value thanks to the layers. They have a life of their own thanks to so many AI services. 1478 services in total? That's great! I'm pretty sure Joethefish has been working here :D

I'd like to know if DRA night lighting or something similar has been used. If not, why hasn't it been implemented again since then, considering the huge amount of positive feedback it provoked? Also I think Lukas was one of the architects of it and if he is now part of the DTG team it is hard to understand why it is not being used.

Can't wait to see the preview stream!

• Like Like x 3
  25. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Great news. I was never a fan of the old 425 as I felt the deceleration was overpowered for what it was. Any chance we can get a patch for the older 425 similar to how the M7 received the M7A's sounds at some point in the future?

26. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

Why does that train have a steering wheel in it?

27. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s not a steering wheel as the rails guide the trains but a “throttle” with different notches it was very common on old locomotives and even EMUs and high speed trains. It’s to control the amount of power needed

• Like Like x 1
  28. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

( My non-railfan friends asked that a while ago, cracks me up every time I remember it XD )

It's called a tap-changer.
    The output voltage of a transformer depends upon the ratio of turns between its primary & secondary coils. This device changes those turns by 'overlapping' them as required. ( Lots of shenanigans involved, so oversimplified it. )

This is what it looks like behind the 'steering wheel' -
    ( This one is from IR WAM-4 not DB BR 110 )
    tapchanger-photo.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  29. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

So the new 155 and 425 on this route are not compatible with Livery designer. I'm so devastated if the 155 is not on the livery designer.

30. Larwan

Larwan Member

Where did you get that information? I didn't find this in the artikel.

31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Isn't that a bit of a missed opportunity? We have two brand-new cabs to play with, but only one of them will be playable on other routes. Couldn't 110 and n-Wagen sub as a whole consist?

32. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It is rare, but not impossible. Sometimes there were instances where a lot of rolling stock had to go to service at once, so these consists appeared. The substitution probability could be set extremely low, so you could play it, but would rarely meet it.

• Like Like x 1
  33. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Terribly sorry to have to correct you, but there were no KaKos with ZWS, it was the other way round: All BR 111 had KWS when built, the S-Bahn 111 onwards had ZWS additionally from the beginning, later on all 111 were equipped with ZWS, too. In NRW we had a lot of KaKos (almost no Wittenberger at all, just for the Obere Ruhrtalbahn with 218) and they were used both with 110 and 111.
    Other Einheitsloks with KWS were the 139, of course the 141 and even some 140. The 151 had KWS too, but after TB0 became compulsory after 2000, they and the 140 weren't used for passenger trains anymore. Before TB0 the Silberlinge just had a mechanical interlock above 5 km/h, so you could open the doors even when stopping outside the stations.
    The first cab cars with ZWS were the Bxf-cab cars for the S-Bahn Rhein-Ruhr and S-Bahn Nürnberg, for the latter even a few 141 were equipped with ZWS.
    The 143 have a lot of variants (over 800 locos were built after all), the 143-S and 143-R had ZWS to work with the Dostos and S-Bahn cab cars, the 143-W had KWS. Others just worked with the former East German cab cars. The latter two had a slightly different cab than the one in TSW though (no MFA).

As much as I am happy to be able to use the 110 on other routes, I certainly hope it's just a player substitution. It would be a really turn off to see 110 with Dostos all over, even more when they'd be pushing...

Best regards,

Sven

Edit: the 110 were in fact sometimes used with Dostos but just pulling and only with TB0 as door control and not with SST or even TAV. On those trains you could open doors on both sides when stopping at a station.

There is in fact one route where the 110+n-Wagen would fit somehow: Up to the end of 2013 the rush hour extra services on Köln - Aachen were mostly 110 + n-Wagen, it was one of the last areas in Germany where 110 ran. The rush hour services are not included in neither of the 2 timetables, so one could hope...?

• Like Like x 9
  34. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

One more to the waiting list for the add on manager and a sale on ps5

• Like Like x 3
  35. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

For layers on other routes, BR 110s with N-Wagens with Karlsruher or Wittenberger control cars owned by TRI would often be leased by Abbelio or National Express to cover for some services.

Since National Express or Abbelio is not featured in game, the BR 110 could add some additional services on HRR (Abbelio)and RRO (National Express). Although it would be the wrong livery, it's probably one of the closest thing to BR 110 service layers.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Id love some n wagen on the RB 40 on HRR or the RB 48 on RRO, way more realistic than the current 422s on there

• Like Like x 4
  37. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Tigert1966 Please could you or anyone please explain how to buy a route for xbox that you can then play on your PC without further cost of paying to play on PC. I bought BXC for xbox and as far as I can see I have to pay again to play it on my PC.

38. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

You don’t have to do anything. I just went to the XBox App on the PC (you may need to download this from the Microsoft store).

In the XBox App it should list Train Sim World 3 and you can install it. If it doesn’t already show up, find the version that you bought on console in the store and it should let you install it from there. Then go to the add ons page and click on each one that you own on Console and install them. (They will show a price, but as soon as you click on them, they should say you already own it - if it comes up with credit card, don’t accept as it means it hasn’t recognised you own it).

It works really nicely and it will sync your progress between XBox PC version and Console version.

This also works for some other games that have both XBox and PC versions. Such as Forza Horizon 4 and 5.

Edit : I have Gamepass but I don’t think that makes a difference. Even if it does, it’s cheaper than buying DLC twice from DTG!

• Like Like x 4
  39. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I forgot to mention that not all DLC work on PC for TSW2 . They are all available in TSW3 though.

Also I think that it also doesn't work for any game bought as a physical copy on Xbox. Only if you bought it as a digital copy. I seem to remember that my TSW 2 Disc Version didn't give me any access to the PC Version, so I bought the digital version in a rare sale instead and then it worked.

• Like Like x 1
  40. DTG Matt

To confirm - BR155 and BR 425 are both available in the livery editor.

Matt.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  41. DTG Matt

Not without rebuilding the timetables on the older content, and then we run into issues with how livery editor works (you'd need to reskin the entire formation in one go, not per vehicle type) and the UI issues causing problems with Peninsula Corridor would then apply here.

The latter is in hand, but the way livery editor works etc is a bigger issue that we have no solution for - likely requires the formation designer that we'd all like to see.

Wasn't a miss, was a specific choice based on what we know works i'm afraid.

Matt.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  42. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to this route and its new trains. It looks like a very nice and vibrant addon. Normally I wait for a discount, but I'm convinced this route is worth its full value. The route gives me a similar vibe as DRA in terms of diversity, number of services and overal attractiveness. A job well done, DTG!

• Like Like x 2
  43. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Member

It comes with a cab car. Just some services dont have it (like in Reality)

44. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Apprently every service wil have cab car

45. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

LD is standard

46. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Both will be available in Livery Designer. Could you let me know where you sourced that information, please?

• Like Like x 1
  47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

So, anyone have a breakdown on what we can expect from the 110 services? I’m guessing they are RE/RB services mostly, what should we be looking towards in terms of Service frequency & stopping patterns for the time period?

• Like Like x 1
  48. lux#4689

Matt said so yesterday:
    But Matt already clarified later in another thread, that it is LD-compatible.

So, the 155 will not have working LZB? (The LZB on the original 155 is not working correctly yet.) And no physics/sound update for the 155?

Is there a mixed 1st/2nd class n-Wagen included?

• Like Like x 1
  49. duki

duki Member

I can't believe how bad the architecture of a modern game can be.
    There has been made mistakes right from the beginning and nothing learned from the TS Classic era.
    We've got multiple entities of the same trains with different features and bugs and it gets worse with nearly every release.

• Like Like x 7
  50. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

For once DTG actually listened to the community again, Finally a Dosto-less route, but why is this so short and then to charge 39.99 for 20 miles ;-;(Oh wait it's DTG for you), but at least it's something new

• Like Like x 3