Bug? Driver Error? Switcheroo Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by mattmag, Nov 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. mattmag

mattmag New Member

So not sure if I'm nuts or if it's a glitch in the system.

TSW3, "To the Trains", "Train Depot", Scenarios Menu, SD40-2 UP, Select Switcheroo scenario. Yard switcher out of commission, you need to do yard duties. Cheyenne Yard, Sherman Hill.

You make a pass all the way down the yard, then back-up into a line of cars and push them to the far end of the yard, "Stop in Location Cheyenne Drill Track". As you head there and check the switch positions for the path, you will see a red signal indication about 1/4 of the way down the Drill Track. When you actually get to that point, there is no signal, but there is a red, rectangular, what I would call, "temporary work sign" such as rail crews use when they are working in an area along or on the line. It is facing the opposite way of current movement, so you don't see the red face until you go past it or camera past it.

Once you reach the "Stop Location" indicator at the end of the siding, you are awarded 500 Pts for completing that portion of the scenario as usual. Now, you are instructed to head back out and down a different track in the yard to hook up to another string of cars. Here's where the trouble starts... As soon as you get things moving back out of the siding, the red circle with the white line appears in the HUD, and it is the damn red sign. So, I crept up to the sign and stopped. And waited. Waited some more. Tried the PTT, nothing. Tried it 74 more times... (ok kidding). Nothing. Left the cab, walked to the sign, nothing. And that's the end of it, if you go past the sign, it ends the scenario with a failure for passing a red signal.

Same for anyone else? Thanks--
    -Matt

2. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

what do you mean with PTT? Have you tried contacting the signaller?

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I don't think ptt actually does anything. I could be wrong though.

4. mattmag

mattmag New Member

PTT is the push-to-talk on the comms unit. Nothing happens if you try and lift the handset. Is there some other way?

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Is it the TAB key to contact the signaller on PC? That’s what you need to do anyway.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. mattmag

mattmag New Member

I will sure give that a try. Thanks.

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just want to break in here to note that in TSW3, in-cab telephones can be clicked to "call the dispatcher", although I'm not sure whether using this method takes your direction of travel into account.

8. mattmag

mattmag New Member

OK, well this gets interesting even more! So yes, once I was behind the red sign, I pressed the "Tab" key, and it did in fact bring up the Signaler dialog, which I figured out after a short minute you had to click on the top of it to get a response. It then allowed me to proceed at restricted speed. All good.

But...no. I push the line of tank cars ahead onto a yard track where I had to couple to box cars waiting for me. No problem, couple to the cars, next order is to uncouple the tank cars ahead of the engine. I uncouple, and suddenly the engine starts to rock sideways, and apparently rolls over on its side...."SCENARIO FAILURE, TRAIN DERAILED"... What in the actual what was THAT???? Not moving, independent brake applied, uncouple cars and the engine rolls over and plays dead. You can't make this stuff up!

Oh, and to address clicking on the telephone, that did nothing.

9. george marold

george marold New Member

That works in some scenarios but not in others. This is one of the nots.

10. george marold

george marold New Member

Same
    I had the same problem. The engine jumped up into the air and turned over. The question is: How do you complete the tasks, or do you just have to skip mthe rest of the scenario?