Xbox As Usual Dovetail Just Wants Your Money

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AmtrakAcela75, Nov 17, 2022.

1. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

Honestly was looking forward to this route coming out the last couple of uk passenger routes have been great but then I check the Xbox store and the price of this route is 40$ i understand alot of work has probably been put into it but there a reason people already complain Xbox has no sales because at 30$ half of your routes are lackluster. Now I already saw another thread where someone from dtg gave the usual response of "increasing prices and inflation" then please tell me why a scs software release there Texas dlc at the same price as ever other European dlc 17.99$ Texas is the largest state in the us other than Alaska for the higher price makes sense for that one state, i can't say there next expansion will be the same price or not, but just to me these two companies are simulator companies yet one can work on 2 games at once and still have a cheaper and in my opinion more quality dlc. And hey dovetail as usual maybe a bright idea would be to have sales on Xbox, but oh right no one can agree on why you don't get slots when other indie games do, maybe it's just there a fee and you don't think it's worth it to the people stuck on Xbox. So maybe next time you price an item on Xbox make sure you think about that price for as long as the game will be on Xbox since it will always be 35$ for me with gamepass.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Thats amazing since the new route is cheaper than the old routes in Canada.

Old routes are 39.99 before the gamepass discount and BCC is only 36.99.

As you can see below. So I'm happy here. 20221117_114713.jpg 20221117_115519.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Of course they want your money, that's how businesses work. :D

If there's a product which is cheaper and higher quality, why are you wasting your time ranting on the forum of the overpriced, lower quality alternative from the developer whose titles you describe as lacklustre, and not playing that instead?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Seems someone isn’t aware of the current cost of living crisis here in the uk, I haven’t a clue what scs or Texas dlc but if you think something that people have put a lot of time and effort and passion into and complaining about a fair price for a good dlc then I’d suggest leaving the forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Although the price increase may seem frustrating, you're better off just not buying it. TSW3 isn't in good shape yet anyhow. Perhaps when they've completed proper optimization sometime next year this route could be on sale and you could pick it up then. Just be patient. And if the game never gets fixed then you've saved yourself a few bucks ;) In the meantime enjoy Texas. SCS did a great job with it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

That's pretty lucky hopefully they don't notice and change it back

• Like Like x 1
  7. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

I have put probably over 200$ into tsw and probably even more in the original train simulator, but they had sales on steam and on playstation to balance it out, my issues is less than the 40$ price tag but that on Xbox it will never likely go on sale compared to PlayStation and steam. Scs is a developer in the Czech Republic that produces euro Truck sim and American truck sim.

8. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

Thanks for the actual comment, instead of a response to not complain about anything on a form about said thing lol. Really been enjoying the Texas dlc as always excited to see what they do next. Yeah still saw reports recently they still haven't even fixed that one scenario on the boston-providence route a year later lol, hopefully dovetail pulls some magic and make a sale on Xbox but I guess I'll have to wait for tsw4 until we get another one!

9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Have you heard that Fernbus is coming to console. And will have all the expansions included at release.

That might be the 2nd game I play when it gets released.

10. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I just thought I would say that BCC is of a very high quality and in my opinion deserves the increased price because so far it has been excellent.

• Like Like x 4
  11. danielemerson78

danielemerson78 Member

I have just completed my first run on the new DLC and must say I think it's worth the money...the attention to detail on this route is amazing even down to specific names on specific really well modelled units...Also in my opinion dovetail are bringing improvements with every new dlc but this doesn't happen for free..they are a business after all...If regurgitated so called AAA games like COD and FIFA are worth upwards of £80 in my opinion this DLC with the work that goes into it is well worth £29.00

• Like Like x 4
  12. Like any company selling a product, they just want your money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why would what another company does make any difference to what THIS company does?
    DTG have charged the same for DLC in the seven years I've been using their products, and I am not surprised in the slightest that now fuel is twice as much, food much higher, office rent much higher etc etc that they might want to charge a bit more.
    As I just commented on another post
    "£30 is fine by me. Each DLC is a game in it's own right, with it's own scenic, station and rolling stock assets and timetable. Your perspective on value and affordability may be different"

• Like Like x 1
  14. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Wait - you mean to tell me that they have managed to profitably sell DLC for £25.00 ever since TS15???

That is incredible! I almost don't believe it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

Imagine a company making a product and wanting money for it, mind blowing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I know. How dare they?

17. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Come on be greatfull dtg may be charging abit more for new dlc but they still don't charge you extra for the fact that every dlc comes pre broken.That should show they still want you to feel good about your purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jblack47047

jblack47047 New Member

It is true [cha ching], they are unbelievable and by this I mean the amount of bugs that are around in some of the content is just mind blowing and of course rather than fixing them they just release a new game. Hey dovetail when was the last update for the original TSW? oh yeah you stopped releasing them not long after TSW2 came out and now with TSW3 I guess soon 2 will be shunted into a siding. THERE IS NOTHING MORE ANNOYING THAN BEING STUCK AT A RED SIGNAL FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

19. StrikeEagle78

There are still plenty of TSW2 route fixes on the latest roadmap. But perhaps since the release of TSW3 nearly 3 months ago and it still simulating driving a train whilst having a seizure, they are focusing on fixing that core game rather than prioritizing the "eww old smelly stuff" sitting in the back room. All you can really do is be patient, save your money, and see if things improve over the next six months. Otherwise look to another hobby like flight simulation or something.

20. SHINO BAZ

Hmmmm???? Train Sim World 4 will solve all TSW3 issues immediately....Hey don't laugh because you can't deny it won't or can't happen someday.We have already seen it happen twice.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ARuscoe

I certainly can deny that all TSW3 issues will be solved, let alone immediately... There are TSW issues going back years so I highly doubt they're going to be fixed even slowly...

• Like Like x 1
  22. StrikeEagle78

I agree with you here. To my eye TSW3 is unplayable in its current state vs. what we had in TSW2 (in terms of a smooth fluid view for the most part). Boggles my mind that many people have tolerated this since launch (I notice it in every stream / video of the game I've seen no matter the platform). But like any modern game it releases in an "early access" state without stating it as such and the company happily angers their customers and patches things along the way. Unfortunately said companies never seem to learn their lesson unless it really blows up in their faces like CDPR with CP2077. Otherwise there are way too many people who spend their hard earned money on day one hoping for days past when a game is released mostly bug free. I always tell people to save your money. Buy a game 6 months, a year down the road after release. It's the same game after all. You'll end up getting it cheaper AND less buggy as several patches have already made it to market. Instead early adopters (I'll consider myself one for TSW3 although it was only a simple download from Gamepass for me) are left holding the bag and constantly complaining on forums until the devs hear us loud and clear and finally start prioritizing things that should have been done during a game's development cycle.

23. deeuu#6908

Can you explain to me exactly what makes it unplayable?
    I've put way more hours into TSW3 than I did with TSW2, and I simply can't see anything that would deem it to be unplayable.

24. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Unplayable can be different for everyone. There are things that do make it unplayable such as broken tutorials that worked in tsw2 but now don't work in tsw3. Peninsula corridor has missing services and constant crashing by certain people. In rapid transit, the 182 dostos doesn't work so you have to use other dostos which do work perfectly fine. There are also red light issues that never go away, derail issues, save game issues, crashes, etc. To others unplayable may mean immersion breaking such as broken sounds, bad passenger behavior, wrong train, etc.

25. StrikeEagle78

As you play, watch the background scenery. Fluctuating FPS causing stuttering unsmooth gameplay (visually). Also blocks of scenery tiles loading in causing very momentary, but noticeable pauses which did not happen or were not noticeable in TSW2. For my eye, this is very distracting in a game that should have fluid motion and a sense of speed. But as the last reply says, many simply can overlook this and enjoy the game. I guess the other major issue is the scenery load distance that wasn't seen in TSW2 where objects will just pop up in front of you. If these were corrected, then yeah, it's basically TSW2+ which I would happily enjoy. Even though I feel like TSW3 menu presentation has no soul. Makes the game feel like a sterilized hospital morgue. But again, my opinion :)

26. SHINO BAZ

How you didn't ask?DTG will be so busy fixing TSW4 they won't have time to do anything about the previous incarnations of TSW.So with that logic all previous TSW games will have been left as is.Almost like they currently are.

• Like Like x 2
  27. ARuscoe

There are also a good many who KNOW what the issues are and enjoy it regardless. This crowd just enjoy the game anyway

Once a new game is released the old version is dead. Good riddance. Kill it off, delete it.
    That's MY view, other people's may vary

28. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Nothing makes it unplayable

don’t listen to this rubbish the game runs perfectly fine. I play it on a series x no problem. If you’ve played tsw2 tsw3 is no different

• Like Like x 1
  29. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's unplayable if you get stuck at a red light that never changes such as in harlem and rush hour or you get a random derail cuz of a rogue ai train in sos. Cab car services using the rapid transit dosto are unplayable cuz you're stuck in a traction lock that you can't get rid of and other dostos work fine. There are certain scenarios that can't be completed. If you use safety systems, it is unplayable if it's broken and telling them to just turn it off isn't a valid argument. Tutorials for routes can't be completed in tsw3 which were able to be completed in tsw2. The list goes on and on. If the game wasn't unplayable, then there wouldn't be people complaining of red light issues, derail issues and save game issues and many other issues. Of course not every route is affected but saying there's nothing that makes it unplayable is not something everyone agrees with.

• Like Like x 3
  30. deeuu#6908

Agreed.

31. SHINO BAZ

So if the game is so "PLAYABLE" then why does the technical problem page only ever get longer every day?

• Like Like x 3
  32. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Ask Karen

33. ARuscoe

This makes certain Harlem runs unplayable, not the whole game

This makes certain Steam runs unplayable, not the whole game

Ditto

Ditto

I use safety systems all the time, on UK routes with UK trains. If other systems don't work as they should but work in other ways then the system isn't implemented correctly but it's likely you can still drive the train (ie play the game). That maybe not the way YOU want to play it but still

There is a difference between a bug or a glitch and a game which cannot be played. Save game doesn't affect how the game is played for a lot of people (who don't use the function) or doesn't cause irrecoverable issues (when they do save). Luckily DTG are working on that one, but still you CAN play the game without saving at all

And that comes down to semantics.
    Some people use clickbait language to try to make their point seem more than it is rather than saying what the problem actually is
    All of the points you've listed are valid. All of them should be fixed as much as DTG can do, but the point is there's always a lot of things that DO work and ARE possible in game, so "unplayable" is obviously not true.

34. StrikeEagle78

Unfortunately TSW3 was the answer to something nobody wanted. TSW2 was building in the right direction, however DTG decided that taking 3 steps backwards was the way to go. I eventually started to see why there was so much backlash initially when the title was announced.

35. StrikeEagle78

There is certainly nothing wrong with enjoying the game as is. There is always a crowd of people accepting things as "good enough" despite obvious flaws.

36. ARuscoe

TSW3 was a way for DTG to make some money. Nobody disputes that
    But I would also contest that TSW2 was working towards anything. The issues we have in TSW3 are mainly a legacy from TSW2 and they're still not fixed

• Like Like x 1
  37. StrikeEagle78

True, we have a lot of legacy problems with newly added ones as well. It's a great formula to alienate a consumer base. But again, just my opinion. DTG will do as DTG wants. Hopefully it all works out in the end as there is little to no competition of this calibre in this space.

38. ARuscoe

This is how software works though. But unusually in many software fields the next generation of a software often fixes many of the issues. TSW3 didn't do that for the front end (ie what the user gets) but may have done for the back end. Only time will tell

• Like Like x 1