PC New German Route Discussion And Rumour Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Did you actually read the thread? The route is set in the past, so no RS3, no 440 no FLIRT (thankfully).

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

wow, in that case it's a shame, this would add more gameplay to the route and make it more complete.

• Like Like x 1
  3. haiopais

haiopais New Member

Very pleased to see 110s and n-Wagen coming to TSW finally :love::love::love: Good choice DTG :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

I hope we get a cabcar. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  5. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

yes, we are getting a cabcar, according to the leak.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

This is what I found on the internet with the almighty Dostos again
    68F1B767-913C-4D9E-A4A7-7D8BDD28FC8B.jpeg D802B9A1-7E47-4FB5-8641-EF51438CB376.jpeg 44A37410-88A4-4EBD-A331-FBB8C70438C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Excitement \o/

So the unconfirmed (yet!) showcase is this week thursday :o I hope

8. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

You're late to the party and this got nothing to do with any new upcoming content :P somebody made a little mod for the BR112 to turn it to a BR111 and uploaded a scenario showing it to the Creators Club.

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Do not kill the dream :D

10. lux#4689

the dream has been killed already yesterday.
    The stream on Thursday is probably for the new route Bremen-Oldenburg with the BR 110 and n-Wagen and a BR 155.

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

So my dream is still taped-allive :) And short!

• Like Like x 1
  12. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Dream? Killed? Hello?! We'll be getting a BR110 with n-Wagen and a cabcar and even a new variant of the ugly duckling BR155 :D
    I'm kinda more excited for this than I was for the BR101 and thats my favourite loco. Maybe I'm still salty about that cabcar :P

• Like Like x 7
  13. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

110, n wagen With a cab car?? The route lengh is completely meaningless, the stock is the selling point for me!
    Very excited, and looks like it will release soon.
    The completely new trainset with a cab car could be the reason the Route is relatively short, so they have more ressources to build the stock included. BR 110, 1st&2nd class coaches, cab car ( probably a Karlsruher Kopf) and a likely reworked 155.

PS: If Bremen Oldenburg is too short for you, I know soneone who will take the 110 all over Germany in scenarios ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am curious is the route with some branches? I like a variety of services, maybe some local freight deliveries, etc. The length is definitely not a problem with such a configuration of rolling stock, and I hope for 155' air system tweaks by cwf.green \o/

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I think we will find out everything on Thursday. What I can promise is that we will see the ICE1 again as an extra layer, since ICE trains run to Oldenburg and end there. That's why there might be some depot action to be had as well!

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Could 110+n wagen realistically substitute somewhere? Most of the current german routes are rather modern, but there have been moments where old stock got to run among them. Maybe SKA S-Bahn substitution?

17. Tom Fresco

Most German routes are set in the current time, but can be used realistically with older stock, as most routes didnt change drastically in the last 10 years. MSB as its in the game could also be five to ten years earlier, as its before the Laufach Tunnels.
    Also n wagen were used on most regional services at some point, sometimes well into the 2010s.

Substitution would not be completely realistic on most routes (n wagen ran last year on HRR and RRO as replacement trains for a few months), but realistic scenarios with suitable older stock (eg 143,101,401,110,155) are possible on routes like RSN, RRO, MSB, HBK, HRR and SKA for RB/RE Services.
    But on DRA, RT and DCZ, so eastern Germany routes, it would have been very similar y wagen, but thats artistic freedom in that case.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That specifically would be very far-fetched. I live near these routes and haven't seen a single n-wagen or Br 110 in service in this area in the past 15 years. Y-wagen are also long gone on german rails

• Like Like x 1
  19. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I'd wish we get so have a service you can run from end to end. Where you can basically start a service, run from A to B back to A, then to B again and so on. Its one of the things I'm missing from TSW as of now. All the time you can maybe do a service from B to A back to B and then the train goes further. Where, if I think about it it'd also be helpful to have a timetable for a station. That way you could also stay at Station B and wait to take over the next train back to A and so on. But this is way too off topic now...
    Looking forward to the whole package though

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tom Fresco

I know that especially 110s only really operated in the west, but i thought y wagen were quite common until around 2000 in the east? Not now or recently, but ive seen images of y wagen on DCZ for example, but maybe it was longer ago than i thought.
    Then it wouldnt be realistic of course, but that hasnt stopped me yet from making a somewhat realistic scenario (as it could be ) ;)

21. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Thats wrong, this year there were a few between Rostock and Berlin:
    P8120850-01.jpeg
    (picture from 12.08.2022; behind the cab car are other wagon types)

The MRB (Mitteldeutsche Regiobahn) has also cab cars in daily use between Leipzig and Chemnitz.

• Like Like x 3
  22. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I'm really hyped for this one

• Like Like x 1
  23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Dreams came true \o/

24. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Comming out on December 6th

• Like Like x 1
  25. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you can actually operate a DB Baureihe 110 like a DB BR155 Which means when starting in adverse conditions or stuck with heavy train lower the Traction force Selector and power Tap then Gradually increase it to the Max level at the same time using sander or not?

26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Thats a question which needs posting in the preview stream Q&A thread, because its a darn fine question.

27. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

So how long is this route?

28. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

OMG: n-wagons and a lot of them (they move in herds)! Even a "Karlsruher Kopf" cab car and the BR110 "Bügelfalte" or crease, looks more aerodynamic as the "Einheitskasten" or unit box version. I also saw the BR425 S-Bahn trains and the BR155 in the trailer. So with one DLC you'll get 3 paintable trains, with the cab car as an indirect loco even 4 things to drive.

To be honest, I never expected it so quickly, so thank you DTG. I'm sure lot of German railway fans can't get the beaming out of their eyes anymore. Did I already mention the n-wagons... ;)

• Like Like x 6
  29. driverwoods#1787

I'll do that

30. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...used the excitement from tonight and found a few interesting color variants of the BR110, i.e. the Livery Designer will probably run hot in December! ;)

BR110 Liveries.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  31. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Don't forget the legendary Cobalt blue and TEE colours :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  32. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

In Google Maps with transport: 35 min
    Do not expect 100 km road but a road like HRR or RRO

33. driverwoods#1787

I agree but can you drive DB BR110 like a 155 which is lower taps and traction force then gradually increase them under sand during adverse conditions & dry weather or not? What Bremen Oldenburg also needs is a DB BR141
    Knallfrosch locomotive if applicable

34. Tom Fresco

Great news, i am looking Forward to your awesome repaints :D (As i am myself not very familiar with livery designer)

Do you also plan to make a few n wagen repaints in good old mint or silver?

35. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I have no idea if I understood that right, but the 110 and 155 should be similar in driving. Both have the wheel where you select the different traction stages.

And I agree, a 141 would also be lovely. Could be a idea for a future DLC fitting for that route :)

36. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

For those who'd like to know more about the BR 110.3, CTF has made a nice short film about one of the last ones in service. It shows how the driver operates the traction control wheel (different from the BR 155's, where the wheel controls a thyristor driven switching array; you control the transformer directly on the 110.3) and some shots of the switching and departure procedures on German loco hauled local lines.

You can see it (for free) on youtube here. It's in German, but you can switch on English subs (machine translation).

They made one about the 155 too.

• Like Like x 7
  37. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

Nice video! Got to love the automatic translations:
    *Train brakes* => [Musik]
    *Driver turns control wheel* => [Applaus]
    *Driver acknowledges PZB* => [Musik]

I think the Youtube translation algorithm is equally fond of trains as most people on these forums.

• Like Like x 7
  38. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Could he be... the Scenario GOAT... Tom Fresco making DB BR 110 scenarios across Germany from next Tuesday... :)

• Like Like x 2
  39. Tom Fresco

Maybe even preparing some in advance so multiple ones can be uploaded to CC on tuesday once the 110 is added ;)

• Like Like x 1
  40. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Cool, can't wait to see them on CC ;)

41. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I read comments on the route being short, what is short? Because I hear this a lot about other routes but distance doesn't give the full picture. So on a scale from Luzern to Kassel, would It be on the lower half screeching to Luzern or just somewhere in the middle?

42. lux#4689

similar to RRO (around 42km, both lines combined)
    BRO should have ca 44km

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Of course the n-wagons must shine at least in the mint green colors of the 90s. Getting the real "Silberling" effect is a bit more complicated, the look is not just stainless steel but also a brushed peacock eye pattern pearl finish applied under the windows. I think there are also some private railway providers who have bought discarded n-wagons from DB. There hasn't been so much paintable selection in a single DLC for a long time. Since I can't clone myself and there are other talented livery creators, I don't really know yet which train I will start with. The BR155 also calls for its original DR livery to cater to east german rail fans.

But always good to know that my creations are appreciated! I always try to stay as close to the original as possible (if the 300 layer limit allows it)... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  44. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

Yes and no. Both are wheels, and both allow you to select a traction stage directly. But how it is done behind you in the engine room, and how that method results in the driving characteristics of the loco, is very different.

The BR 155 is a former East German loco, and related to the locos we today know as the 143 and 112.1. Blieve it or not, but the East German (Deutsche Reichsbahn) electrical locos were ahead of the West German (Deutsche Bundesbahn) locos in this respect.

On the BR 155, you use the traction control wheel to tell the selector which stage you want. It's similar to driving the BR143 and BR112.1 in manual mode, but with a wheel instead of a rocker switch. This allows you to move directly to the desired traction stage as opposed to cycle through them sequentially by rocking the rocker switch. And just like on those locos, the thyristor will then try to match your requested traction stage.

On the BR 110.3 everything is much more mechanical. When you selected a traction stage, a little motor in the engine room moves a rod against the coil of the transformer, applying input voltage to it. This results in more (or less) output voltage to the motors depending on where the rod touches the coil.

In other German locos using this mechanical traction selection, some stages on the selector wheel will also switch the motors from serial to parallel or v.v., or engage resistors to manage output to the motors. But I'm actually not sure if this is the case on the 110.3.

I don't have my books where I am at the moment, so I can't look it up, but will do so when I get home later.

So in short, the BR 155 (and 143 and 112.1) behave like a modern e-loco (BR 101) does today: the driver instructs the loco to apply a certain amount of power, and the loco will try and comply using an automated process. If it can't match the required traction stage, it will settle with a lower one to prevent overload (as much as possible; you can still overload it) or wheel slip. The West Germans tasked the driver with applying common sense in this regard.

TL;DR:

When you turn the traction control wheel from 0 to 10 on a BR 155, the electronics will neatly and smoothly cycle up traction stages until the desired one is reached, or will cap out at the maximum attainable under the circumstances.

Do the same on a BR 110.3 and you'll be wheel slipping like the General Lee on the Dukes of Hazard.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  45. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I think Luxembourg also had a few N-wagen in use: DSCN3180.JPG Luxembourg and verdun 2010 252.JPG

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. lux#4689

first of all, small n. It is n-Wagen, not N-Wagen.
    Secondly, the luxembourgish coaches were a little bit different. No cabcars, they had different voltage for electricity.There were baggage-cars, they all had steam-heating.
    As the DB in the beginning did not want to sell their not anymore used n-Wagen, heritage clubs in Germany bought often the luxembourgish ones, which also had the advantage of the steam-heating for steam trains. In Luxembourg, 2 were transformed, to transport bicycles, and one was transformed to Restaurant car. They ran in Luxembourg, and its neighboring countries until enough Dostos were delievered to replace them.

47. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with 440s and FLIRTs?

48. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the knowledge, thats cool to know. So with the 110 I can basically apply too much power and overload the loco that the main circuit breaker goes out, right?

49. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

They are boring and ugly standard cab trains. So quite a lot actually.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Nei4024

Nei4024 Active Member

They will be boring and ugly for you.
    Personal tastes are very relative.
    Good thing TSW offers us more and more variety, so we don't get into silly discussions about what we like more or less.

• Like Like x 8