PC Question About Approach Control On Bcc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shackamaxon, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Disclaimer :- I'm not an expert on British Railway systems, therefore just asking...

Has the approach control been implemented incorrectly on BCC ?

From what I understand, you slow down the train below the MPS so it stays in the 'Caution' block for an extended duration than it would've otherwise. This allows the signal to flip to 'Safe' by the time you cross it.

While driving 6M94, after you climb the incline, a series of yellow signals appear after entering a siding.
    The signal flips only after you cross a certain point on the track NOT when you stay there for a long enough duration.

Thoughts ?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's not been implemented as I have seen on various videos with approach control (Don Coffey as an example) and often waits until you're far too close to the signal before clearing, leaving you almost at a stand.

I'm sure there are come signalling versions where you WOULD be almost on top of the signal before it clears but not all of them

3. I don't know with this. I keep getting emergency brake applications approaching a 30mph restriction at 30mph, well I say approaching... this is passing the single Amber signal before the stop signal!

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's associated with approach control, but seems more of a TPWS mistake so maybe that's not setup right either

5. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure it has, they mentioned it in the stream. And making you come to a near stop is something I haven’t experienced. It always goes green before I’m anywhere near 10mph

6. It's definitely not right.

7. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

It's a bit like in SEH, works great but the track circuit with the timer is clearing the signals later than they really should. I did a mod for SEH, I could do one for BCC too if there's any demand for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes please, dtg probably won't.

9. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Great work, many thanks Bescot, it's great that you can edit these things - I thought it wouldn't be possible. I need to start digging into this unofficial editor myself.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

That one was a hex hack. You don't need the unofficial editor for very much. The official editor by Epic will do some things like allow you replace textures and sounds . There's also a program called FModel to view the files to check out what's going on inside them. Another program called UAssetGUI which can also hack certain things too. You're welcome to join us on the TSC discord modding server, there's some very friendly and knowledgeable folks there!

• Like Like x 1
  12. fakenham

Cheers Bescot, I may well have a look in at some point. I guess adding approach control to other routes, such as BML, can't be done as yet - I'm sure you guys would've already been on the case for that one!

13. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

You know, I did have a quick look at BML and swapped some signals to the ones used in SEH along with some other bits to see if it was a simple switch job without having to start hacking the track tiles. Short story, it didn't work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. fakenham

Unlucky, sounds like you almost cracked it! I must admit, I used to like having a drive in BML, but since we had approach control in the newer routes, BML feels unrealistic signalling wise and hence the immersion is reduced, for me anyway....So I don't tend to play it anymore.

15. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot :)

16. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's something they can implement on the older UK routes. It would be awesome on BML