Upcoming Release Master The Electrics!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 29, 2022.

1. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's all about the gameplay. Short routes can have a lot of gameplay and besides lots of resources spent elsewhere.

• Like Like x 5
  2. rennekton#1349

Matt has confirmed the 155 is just a livery change

3. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

yes, I know, but then afterwards, he clarified, they did more (like adding LD). So I just asked again to confirm, as LZB was partially added to the RSN 155. Either way, they probably have done more, as the lights etc need to be adapted to the TSW3 lighting.

4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice route. I shouldn’t buy it day one as somehow my spending money ended up in the hands of the Lego this month.

… But I really like the loco and with the Cab Car as well, it’s going to be hard not to give into temptation. The route although short, looks interesting. So I’ll certainly watch the preview back over the weekend. Sadly I can’t watch them live anymore due to the new time.

5. krenz.christoph

krenz.christoph Well-Known Member

I don't care the length of the route. One thing I really, really hate about simulators is, when a route is not complete. What do I mean: I want to drive the route, change ends and drive the same route back again. That is the gameplay I'm looking for.
    This route is providing this and that is why I am really looking forward to it. In this case, the price is okay.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Simple, time. Making the loco use of Dosto doors was a 1-hour job. Making a 143 Kako compatible is basically a new loco build which can take weeks of time. It wasn't even planned to make the Dostos work with it. But we found out that the loco subs in in front of them and doors were not working. So, i simply added a workaround to not need to remove the substitution possibility. Simple game-play decision.

• Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  7. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Is that a new Buzz word for something fourth coming..... Please don't disappoint me lol.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good spot Hentis.

9. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

It's one of the most requested features. Nothing more, nothing less. Not indicating any progress towards making it, just highlighting it would help in this case and that it's not like we have "no idea what to do" for the problem stated.

You should know by now I am not here to announce anything :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

Obviously from Matt's post saying it's just a livery change on the 155. Locos are not upgraded

11. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Glad to see that it's this high "on the radar".

12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

darthvadar - Noooooo.gif

Hentis

13. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

nothing is new here! DTG is looking for it for a long time but there more things to do. It's the same issue as the route editor.

14. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Do the dosto cab cars work with the 110 too through your fixes? Or will that only work on AI trains and not when the player spawns with it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

16. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Is a fix (as LZB kind of works just not correctly even though it's not meant to have LZB', I'd class it that more as a bug) an upgrade. Although admittedly it is far from black and white on whether it's a bug or feature not included, but either way trying to run the 155 on SKW with PZB switched on is not 100% possible.

17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

One thing which has just occurred to me is that the 155 it's not possible to change the brake mode, which means we won't be getting prototypical Freight operation either on its home route or elsewhere.

For me that and the lack of correctly working LZB on the 155 are the only negatives so far about this route.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

What about the PZB glitch where is does not work correctly from the number 2 cab. Has that ever been fixed?

• Like Like x 4
  19. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

That's a shame

20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So 110.3 subbing for 146.2 was NOT supposed to be a thing? Sounds to me like the system has a mind of its own. Shouldn't it be somewhat manual to decide where a loco can sub? Not necessarily a Maik question, but maybe a Matt question.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

In the release statement from DTG it states not all services will have a cab car and will therefor require a run around to be completed.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Matt then clarified it is only one scenario supposedly. Maybe Joe would know more though.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I thought that's what electrostars were

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Beat me to that.

I am super excited about this route. The run around, the bridge, the AI traffic, and the 110.

I am also pumped about the layers and the opportunity to experience the 110 in other routes. Thank you for choosing the game play option!

I guess I finally need to master to tap- changer. Some words of advice in the preview stream would be greatly appreciated. With the 155, I kept it mostly in the tap up and tap down range which made it easier to dump the power when PZB called for some braking.

Witt all the freight being handled by the 155, getting the second cab PZB bug fixed is key.

Looking forward to release day.

• Like Like x 4
  25. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your advice but I cannot find a way to install Birmingham Cross City to my PC without going through steam and paying for it again.

26. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

Exactly! As much as I like Kassel - Würzburg, from the gameplay experience you have a lot more to do when driving an S-Bahn on Dresden for example. So this is very much welcome!

As he said, not from Steam bur from the Microsoft App Store. If you do have problems with it, maybe open a thread about the issue you have with the App Store.

I'm very happy about this realistic approach, because we are not playing Trainz but a Simulator. And it should simulate the things like they work in the real world.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I can confirm this definitely works if you're a Gamepass subscriber, but not sure if TSW3 is considered a "cross-buy" title outside of Gamepass. You might be able to tell by looking on the TSW3 store page on your Xbox and looking at the section that shows all the details.

• Like Like x 2
  28. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining Disintegration7 I do not play with GamePass as I only play EA sports Golf and TSW on xbox and have little intention of playing anything else on my xbox one.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

I must say that I'm very pleased with the new route to come and the BR 110.3. Okay, my dream would be to get a BR 216 one day , because it would be cool to have a diesel train (and it would match with the n coaches, too). But what DTG had announced now sounds pretty cool.
    The only thing I'm really hoping for is that the they'd improved the night vision, in terms of lighting at the track, of the enviroment itself and the light cones of the trains. Driving by night in TSW2 is sometimes a real nightmare, so I really hope that it is much better with TSW3's new lighting system. I'm aware that the BR 110 is a train from the 1960s, so I don’t expect LED like lights, but because I love driving at night, I really hope that DTG don't let me down on that.

30. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

This is more like it! Some heritage rolling stock and a DLC with more than one locomotive. Looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  31. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

No prob, just FYI, GamePass subscription also includes EA's subscription service as well, so might be worth getting one of those cheap intro deals and see if anything else appeals to you. Also, most gamepass titles are playable on PC even if you don't want to play them on Xbox, and there are even some PC-only titles.

• Like Like x 1
  32. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

I think we can be pretty sure to see a 216 or 218 with the Niddertalbachbahn, the n-Wagen will find it's use their too, so this is not happening by accident.

• Like Like x 2
  33. rennekton#1349

There is no 218. If tsg follows his schedule, it's route, 420, 232 and maybe 218 unless he plans to do something different. So the 218 and the 216 is not coming with the route. There's been leaks it's a 6xx train for niddertalbahn

34. ColaLover22

ColaLover22 Member

Im also interested in how the train stations are designed. I love the feeling when i enter a train station so hopefully this DLC would mimic this feeling.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

i have a question for the BR 110 is possible to add the IC coaches with the BR 110 only for scenario planner

• Like Like x 2
  36. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised another new route is coming out so soon after BCC. I'm not too concerned about the route length as long as the gameplay is good, the bugs aren't too obtrusive, and the trains are interesting to drive. A shorter end-to-end route or network-type route excites me more than another A-to-C (with an occasional stop at B) route like Kassel-Wurzburg.

I plan on picking this one up in the future!

Also, perhaps someone at DTG could elucidate me as to why this is being released as a regular DLC, whereas BCC was released as a 'starter pack'?

• Like Like x 2
  37. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

I commute on one of the TSW routes in real life (if you can guess which one, congratulations, you noticed my user name) but I've been focusing on TSC lately with an exclusive build around German routes and locos. I am really looking forward to getting back into TSW with this new release. As others have said, it's not the length of the route that matters, it's whether you can actually complete regular timetable services without some AI driver driving off into the sunset. That's what disppointed me greatly about the Harlem line and many other shorter TSW routes (like HRR, etc).

I know that DTG isn't interested in route mergers and extensions but this really should be revisited now that so much of Germany has coverage and models exist in TSC for many more.

• Like Like x 1
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually, the 110 can pull Dostos, and has IRL- so why is it "unrealistic?" Yes, it's true that the 766 cab car won't work with it, so driving such a consist backwards is unrealistic IF the route actually includes such a service.

The number of 143s converted to work with the Silberling führerstand was vanishingly small. I think three.

• Like Like x 2
  39. solicitr

Just assume any train heavy enough to need a 155 would be G/G, or at most LL.

40. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

Why can’t all the dlc be free

41. rennekton#1349

Dtg have different teams for different countries. One for uk, Germany, us. Bcc was probably released as a starter pack cuz sehs is basically an updated version of a released sehs. So uk fans didn't have anything new so bcc got the option to get as a starter pack. The german starter pack had kassel wurzburg. The us starter pack had cajon pass. The uk was just sehs which isn't something new. So bcc is that new route to be used as a starter pack

42. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

39,99€ or $?

43. bkodenkt

bkodenkt New Member

I still live in Bremen now and used to live in Oldenburg and work in Bremen for a few years like 15 years ago, so I really experienced the last moments of th N-Wagen before Nordwestbahn took over most services. And how the trains sometimes drove past Hoykenkamp station and peeps had to get off at Hude :o:);) Absolutely love this new route, can't wait to play it!

Will there be a chance the NWB models will be added later?

• Like Like x 4
  44. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Don't know where you got that info, because it's not true, many TSC routes are absolutely $39.99, so is Cross City for TSW, as well as this route according to the article.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So for the Br110: Here are some very nice pictures!
    https://eriksmail.de/dbbr110.html

What I noticed is that there are tons of pictures of the Br110 with IC coaches; so I would like to know whether it might be possible to use the 110 for the IC services?
    This would be realistic!

And for the Br110+ Dosto combination:
    As Mike already said: It was rare, but happened. It was rare because of these two things mainly:

1. The door controls were not optimised for the Br110, so that a guard was necessary to give the driver the sign to close the doors and to have a look that the passengers don’t open the doors on the wrong side.

2. The Br110 is not able to push the Dosto cab cars because they can’t be controlled from there. It is possible that a Br110 pulls Dostos but then it would have to get around the train and couple at the end as if there was no cab car.

• Like Like x 4
  46. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Has been a while since a new route has got me this excited! :)

I know a few people wanted an older time period, but I'm very happy with the late 2000s as at least we can also have the best of both worlds with other existing rolling stock DLC layered in - while the 101 and ICE 1 will be great, I'm particularly glad to see the 612 on a different route, have had a lot of enjoyment on Dresden-Chemnitz with that. While the 110.3 and N-wagen coaches look fantastic, I'm glad the 425 is featured a lot in this route as it's one of my favourite trains.

However, what is peaking my excitement is what the Cross City route should of been - really busy. 1,478 services, with 272 driveable sounds very promising for the Bremen route, plus the additional variety from the layers all sounds exciting.

As mentioned in the article, there's "quite a lot of AI traffic" at Bremen Hbf, hopefully most future routes will continue with lots of busy timetables, UK routes especially would be great and not having empty major stations...

Despite all my excitement, I will just say one negative so far is that I still don't like the route being announced so soon to release - community feedback and having time to actually look forward to a route is much more logical in my opinion.

• Like Like x 10
  47. solicitr

Most of those pictures have captions like this: "Schön, der Messesonderzug aus Hannover mit der guten alten E10 alias 110 343-1!
    Burgstemmen, 13. September 2008." So, basically, railtours, not IC services.

• Like Like x 3
  48. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good question. Also, the DB BR110 was used for Motorail trains in its DB BR115 configuration seen on this HMA video dating back to 20 April 2012 the way this will be done is that DTG combines Laaers 560s with HRR IC Coaches.
    Video is

• Like Like x 1
  49. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Do you mean something like this RRO RB48 Wuppertal Oberbarmen-Bonn Hbf seen in this Video?
    Maverick 2611
    2nd Video by Eisenbahn NRW und Deutschland

If done correctly DB BR110 will simply run RB48 on RRO by alternating with DB BR422 from RRO

• Like Like x 3
  50. rennekton#1349

It's actually $39.99 for the us price. the prices are in the article

• Like Like x 1