PC Issue With Cane Creek Seven Miles To Potash

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kirbyfisher69, Sep 12, 2022.

1. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

In the scenario, LDG-51 Part 2: Seven Miles to Potash, after filling the last three cars at the potash mill at the end of the scenario, when the next step is to move forward to the next stop, I always get a scenario failure: derail. I have tried it three times and always the same. No lights are around to run. Just going about 3mph toward the next stop and failure.
    I have opened a support ticket for it. Anyone else run into this yet?
    Thanks.

2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

are you setting the manual switch, from memory theres a switch against you, first time I did this I came a cropper but 2nd time around flipped the switch and got the run finished

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The manual switches on Cane Creek will not push over if you run through them in the trailing direction. They need to be physically set or they will derail your train.

4. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

There was no switch to be set. I had just come down into the potash mill to fill the last three cars, stopped, reversed to go back the way I came. Long straight, no switches. And I had only moved about a dozen yards.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I just completed this scenario successfully. You back the train into the silo and fill the rear three cars. Change direction and draw forward until the third loco (technically the one you're still driving from) is just over the objective marker. There is a set of points in front of you which will need to be set just in case you over-run.

It's a nice scenario - a little bit of everything.

6. fizzbin14

fizzbin14 New Member

There is a switch you set when you parked up the 2 tank cars. This switch needs to be reset before you load up the last three hoppers, otherwise it ends up under the hoppers and when you draw away after loading then it will try and direct the hoppers the wrong way and you get a derail.

7. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

never had that derail problem
    the only problem with this scenario is at the end you end up with extra hoppers which should not be there (did finish scenario)
    or I did not park my hoppers far enough when I entered the yard the first time
    this scenario needs some fine tune fixing