Fishing Sim World Decreased Activity On Here

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Tez ADI, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Is anyone else concerned about the decreasing activity and interest on here? More interest generally means more action. Less interest equals less interest.

When the game come out, I was really impressed with what the makers had come up with. Yes it wasnt perfect, but i didnt mind, as perfect for me would not have been perfect for someone else. Lots of ideas were sought, and lots of people offered comments (some good / some not so) but there was a huge community feel about the game being improved upon. It was like a ship sailing, that everyone wanted to be on.....

Ive no idea what is happening now with the game, am really starting to feel disenfranchised with it all, the appeal is slowly going, on what is a fab game, but the wow factor that made it good is drifting away, and the boat everyone was keen to ‘tart up and make more homely’ seems to have players jumping ship, unsatisfied.

Early on, comments and reviews were answered, it would appear they no longer are. Are we going to see any of our ideas implemented for the greater good, without cost, or are we now just going to get new content available which we have to pay for? It would really be a shame if the game flopped and become another statistic, when the game has soo much potential and is quite impressive.

Where’s the wow factor gone??

2. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Ive come to the conclusion that the wow factor is inversely proportional to the amount of time spent on the forum. By this i mean that if you read about issues all day then youre either going to be aware of stuff you probably would have missed, and the negativity will inevitably leave a cloud. Better to avoid. I try and fail, because i have too much spare time kicking my heels in hotel rooms away from my hobbies, and its a good source of information despite the negativity. Plus its one area where you make suggestions, point out issues unofficially etc. Forums are definately a tool, but occasionally you might smack yourself on your thumb with the hammer of your own hyperbole. I know I do.. ;)

3. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Activity on the forums was always going to drop in the last few weeks. There has been some big games released in the last few weeks such as Red Dead Redemption 2, Call Of Duty, and Battlefield. These games are always going to take gamers away for awhile.

I cant say for others, but my activity has dropped because I am not happy with the game. I feel the game is leaning more towards Bass Fishing, and I find Bass fishing boring. As for course fishing, three of the four ponds available on FSW I have already spent £27 on for Euro Fishing and clocked hundreds of hours fishing them. The other pond Gigantica has been nerfed too much and is not worth fishing anymore, that leaves me Canal as the only venue that's new. The problem with FSW is they included reskinned venues from Euro Fishing, and for people who already own these three venues on Euro, I can understand why they have moved on.

4. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

I pop on here daily if I can.Have to agree about the game heading in a Bass/U.S. style of fishing direction.Nothing wrong with having it in the game but there have been so many of these types of games in the past it's nice to have more European style of fishing.
    Another thing that annoys me in game is that if I want to target small fish there's no way of doing this.Take this weeks Match tournament,despite using small (ish) hooks,small baits etc,all I caught was Carp.I don't want to catch 30Ib Carp all the time when targeting smaller species.
    Would be nice to have some smaller lakes that don't contain Bass or Carp.
    I find Carp fishing as boring as Bass fishing.It's ok every so often but not all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trout Bum

Trout Bum New Member

Tough this time of year - the big EA sports games (Madden, NHL and FIFA), 2K's superb NBA game, all came out about the same time ...and then add in the new COD BO IV (junk, done with the Black Ops series, 1st one was great, downhill from there) a new Fallout (meh, nothing new here, move on) and then the follow-up to Red Dead Redemption one of the greatest console games ever....and RDR II is even BETTER than the original, on the 1-10 perpetual time waster scale RDR II is an 11+, most addictive game since Civ III/IV, IMHO.

There still is a unique WOW factor for FSM. the true test is getting the gamer to come back to the game after the initial week or two. FSM has an older demographic, the 30 something fishing enthusiast who has a Xbox or PS4 for the kids and wants a game he/she can play that doesn't involve getting pwned every 5 seconds by some snot-nosed smartmouth 12 year old. That's why I think this game has some serious legs to it. The first two mod patches were IMHO excellent and responded directly to consumer requests....really looking forward to the trolling update.

6. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

One thing i noticed the other day and this is no joke is that as i just sat there and played the game all the problems dissipated and i had a wonderful time

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Two things would change the outlook of this game for most and it should be fairly simple to do (if you are a software developer). 1) Make it so fish you catch are relevant to the baits and tactics you use (i.e no more 40lb carp on 22 hook and single maggot) or at least make it near impossible/very unlikely for it to happen (All baits should not work on all waters for all fish as well, should be more reason and skill needed when chosing what to use) 2) Remove or majorly tone down Carp in all the European waters and add or up the other species targets including lots more named fish from other species. I think those two fairly major changes would transform most peoples outlook on the game and let people see past other bugs. And long term keep new and varied species/venues to keep it fresh from other places in the world bar the US and Europe (Africa, Asia etc) - It is called Fishing Sim "World".

8. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

I agree only reason i played was for the canal and gigantica, which has been nerfed too much 3 fish in 1hr was using worms and corn. From what i can make out is the real life lakes that are added into game have to be licensed for use as is the same for the bait/lure manufacturers they have agreed a deal with jenko baits so expect them to be in game soon you can find this in the dovetail live section of the game. Also yesterday i couldnt get on gigantica altogether.

9. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

My reason for leaving FSW was cause getting caught up in RDR2.. That game took my life away might as well call it and it has over 30+ species of fish to catch and fights on there are top notch. Then you able to catch legendary fish. Then there's the hunting aspect of the game too. The game has so much to do that you will always find something. The fishing I love on the game. So much freedom to fish where you want and when you want.. weather is shore fishing or in a boat. This why I have taken myself away from the game. I haven't played it in awhile. though I'm thinking of just selling the game as I don't play it anymore. With the new lake added.. It did nothing for me. New lake.. No new fish. Maybe a muskie or catfish. something bee nice.. Or get a sturgeon in the game.. Something new.. Anyways I had fun when the game first started.. When the Red dead online get released I'll probably be gone even longer..

10. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

whats the RDR2??

11. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Red Dead Redemption 2

• Like Like x 1
  12. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

Correct. Tonights the release for the Red Dead Online..