Cprr Jupiter Scenery Change To 1860's

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by Jupiter, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

Hi I have just bought TS2019 and the CPRR 60 Jupiter add on + Donnar Pass and expected to drive this train in the 1860's not present day with diesel trains running past me. I am a bit disapointed, but then again have I done something wrong......
    My questions are:-
    1) Have I missed something when starting the senario to get it to 1860/70?
    2) Do I have to edit the senerio to change the scenery?
    3) Are there any user downloads for those who have already done an edit as it was not something I wish to do?

I did not buy ths simulator expecting to have to change scenery, any help would be greatfully received.

2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

The Jupiter pack does absolutely nothing to Donner Pass - at the time the loco was made, there were no suitable routes and I don't think Mike (the creator) wanted to build one. The UP No. 19 pack comes with a route set in Cheyenne around 1869, and someone on railworksamerica.com has made an extension to it that goes further west.

3. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

Thank you for response 722, being new it is a bit daunting to think you have to change things yourself to get the reality. I will have a look what l can find. I was hoping to get my train set out the box and play with it! I’m in it for the long haul so will just have to get on with it.
    Thanks again...

4. Smokebox

Smokebox Active Member

Thanks for purchasing the Jupiter, and to Railfan722 for answering the question correctly. The Jupiter scenarios had to be set on modern(ish)-day Donner Pass out of necessity, but the UP119 loco pack does indeed come with a 26-mile route set around Cheyenne, WY, in 1869, with lots of period-correct scenery assets and additional items of (UP) rolling stock for practically the same price (depending on which country you are in) as the Jupiter pack.

If you look in the File Library at railworksamerica.com, you'll find the freeware extension (called "Cheyenne 1869 Extension") which continues the payware route all the way to Laramie and beyond (the author, DanSSG, is adding to it all the time and I believe he's now got as far as Rock Creek, a long way northwest of Laramie, with a total route length of over 135 miles! It uses track and scenery assets from the Cheyenne 1869 route, the Clear Creek NG route, and some other freeware assets, including a very detailed model of the enormous Dale Creek Trestle that I built for him (the Readme file explains how to obtain and install everything).

I'm currently working on another period route centred on Promontory in northern Utah, the site of the "Golden Spike" ceremony in 1869. It will be around 70 miles in length and featuring some spectacular scenery. So don't worry, period-appropriate routes are already available, with more on the way.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

Great news and thank you for the update, I have had a look at railworksamerica.com and found the Cheyenne 1869 extension (will it work with the 64bit TS2019?). I will be purchasing the UP119 pack shortly once I have taken in all that the Jupiter has to offer. I am planning to have a go at changing the ai trains in the scenarios as a first attempt.
    Once I got over the fact that I was not back in the 1860/70's I am really enjoying the sim, for me its eye candy at the moment watching one of my icon steam trains chugging along under my control with all those views to choose from.
    Glad to hear there is more to come, so its a big thank you from me, it really is like my boyhood dreams have come true.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smokebox

Smokebox Active Member

Everything works fine in 64-bit TS2019.

Talking of views, UP119 comes with a wooden boxcar that has a special "passenger" view that places you in the brakeman's position riding on the running boards on the roof of the boxcar. It's a great vantage point for watching the scenery go by because you can turn your virtual head to look in any direction and get an unobstructed view of what's around you.

As well as UP119, you might like to take a look at the CPRR 4-6-0 "Buffalo" - the third in the trio of 19th century locos I've built so far.

7. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

I will also be purchasing Buffalo some time in the future, once l have mastered making some changes TS and have acquired 119. This era is right up my street, l already have an OO gauge train set which is gathering dust in the loft due to space, which has both the Jupiter and 119 engines. So to be able to have a sim on my PC is great. You have done an absolutely fabulous job of it. I Just need to get that scenery going to complete the realism. I am more of an east fan than a West, but that’s from my background of having an interest in the ACW.
    I am looking forward to riding on that bxcar already.

• Like Like x 1