Train Addons - Who And Why

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trpted, Dec 5, 2022.

1. trpted

trpted Member

While I get people will buy a route that comes with trains but I have some questions.

#1 Who buys the train addons?

#2 Why would someone (including you if you do) buy train addons?

Please and thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

#1 Me

#2 they add more rolling stock to routes - more variety, more services, more driving experiences

• Like Like x 2
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

1. Me, other people in the forums, anyone lol
    2. I buy train addons cuz I like trains. I live in an area where the only train Im around is the metro which I never use and the rare freight train, so I don't know about trains in different parts of the world. Don't tell me to go travel then cuz Im poor and can't afford to travel overseas to drive trains lol. Tsw allows me to do that, mostly uk, germany and the us. There are certain trains I like to drive and depending on the reviews or not, I buy addons so I can try out different trains. Obviously I like certain types of trains over others. I like passenger over freight for example. There's a lot of different trains, services, variety and driving experiences. There is also layers and substitutions that truly makes a route come to life. The good thing about tsw is that you can pick and choose. You aren't forced to buy all the addons. It is an expensive hobby after all even with sales. Each route is a different experience whether it is the trains, environment or location. Even if the reviews are some of the worst out there, the route itself is still fun to drive. Like Arosa line for example, Even though it's got poor sounds and scenery, I like that I am able to operate a train in Switzerland on a narrow gauge railway that has street running section, lots of bridges and viaducts, very steep. Obviously different experience for everyone. At the end of the day, tsw really is the only train game/sim out there that offers a lot of variety. I can't go out and travel but tsw allows me to do that virtually.

4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

They’re the difference that stops a route feeling dead sometimes.

They are great ways to increase the playability of a route without taking up acres of disk space or memory.

5. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

#1 Me, any TSW player who is interested in said DLC
    #2 To add more variety on routes rather than just the base trains which come with the route

That's my response done :)

6. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

1. (in voice of a 7 yo) ME ME ME ME ME :)
    2. Adds more variety to game of course. The more different trains, the better. (copyright by: DTG Matt ): We want ALL the trains and ALL the routes :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This, especially if it's classic BR blue stuff.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are some trains which are needed to make a route more true to life, such as the class 465. When DTG did the SEHS route and had 375s running down to Gravesend I thought "Well this is awful..."
    The 465 meant that more realistic stock could be running in more realistic places so for me it was a no brainer to spend £12 to make the route "better" to my taste

Same with the 313... ECW and WCW are crawling with the things so it made sense to get the trains which actually work the route

• Like Like x 1
  9. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

1,Me

2, To paraphrase what others have said. It makes a route feel more alive.

10. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

There is nothing more to add to this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

it's like buying cars for a racing game....
    Driving an M5 on the Nurburgring is a different driving experience than driving a Mercedes-AMG GT R on the same track.