PC Can Anyone Internal Please Clear Up What This Number Is For?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Dec 5, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I've been pottering through journey modes and I'm a tad perplexed. On the below screenshot we have a number. In some areas of the game I believe it denotes service start time, in others it denotes service length time.

What actually is it? Am I the only one that thought it tells me how much time a service will take to run? It seems inconsistent.

upload_2022-12-5_13-16-16.png t

5P15 is neither a 00:01min long service as it runs half the route, neither does it start at 00:01 hours.

upload_2022-12-5_13-17-45.png

Whereas Luidicrous display suggest 00:25min to complete which it did roughly and started at 17:46 so was not a night run.

DTG Alex DTG JD are you able to shed any light on this as it seems to change on a dlc basis and I've also seen the numbers in the journey modes posted as start times too. Proper confusing.

Is it the time taken to run that service or the time the service starts. I was under impression it was time to complete as feedback was that no one had a clue how long each service was when you was looking at hundreds but I'm guessing someone isn't sure when they are entering these

upload_2022-12-5_13-21-28.png

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Its an ETA on how long an run is

3. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

I can confirm the times are suppose to reflect service length durations - that one listed as 00:01 is a mistake, thank you for sharing this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

It should™ be the time it takes to complete the service, but at some (mainly older routes) it shows either starting time or the difference from starting time to midnight. Haven't been able to figure out the pattern there.

CRR shows for example 19:28, but the actual time of day is 4:32

upload_2022-12-5_16-4-0.png
    upload_2022-12-5_16-4-51.png

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yep, as the others have said, should be service duration, but some on BCC are not configured correctly

6. Dakota

Dakota Member

ETA is an arrival time ETE is the enroute time.

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've flagged this before. I initially thought the passenger ones and scenarios were expected duration and the freight ones were start time (because they just arrive whenever), but there's always been inconsistency and errors throughout all of these, as though there was just a 'time' field to fill in somewhere and nobody explained to the people setting up the timetable what was actually supposed to go in there!

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

More than one of us reported this before. In the journey mode the numbers do not make sense at all. Sometimes it seems duration is given, but in many cases you see ridiculous values. It is really bad testing nobody noticed this. What I would like to see is both start time and estimated duration. Estimated duration has my priority, so I can find out how long a drive will take.

Also curious who nobody at DTG noticed. We have written al large number of bug reports specifically for the TSW3 launch and only few of them are addressed till now. Despite the automation effort, delivering good code quality is still a very weak point.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dakota

Dakota Member

Voting for run time.

10. chieflongshin

It’s really confusing with the older routes but guess it’s a big sweep up operation.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ideally, the fix (there will be a fix, right? ;)) will put in TWO columns, which clearly list both start time and duration.

• Like Like x 1
  12. chieflongshin

Labels too