PC Br146+dostos Changing Cabs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by colinL, Dec 4, 2022.

1. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Been doing the Dresden-Riesa S1 service from Dresden to Meißen Triebischtal and when arriving at Meißen in the cab car I was gonna switch to the loco. So far so good, set up everything accordingly in the cabcar (Reverser to 0, Brake key off, direct brake released) went to the BR146 and set everything there up accordingly, wanted to depart and... nothing. Brakes wouldn't come off lower than 2.5 Bar. The HLL was definitely at 5 Bar as well. Disabled AFB. Nothing. Went back to the Dosto Cab and disabled all safety systems, double checked the brakes there. Nothing. Back in the 146 I double checked everything and there was nothing out of the ordinary (for me at least). I pressed the Brake Release Key below the MFD in front of me, brakes started releasing until about 0.1Bar. Surely the train can start going I thought. Nothing. Even with only 0.1Bar BC pressure the damn thing just didn't want to move. Which is highly illogical to me, as the HLL was also at 5 Bar which would mean the brakes definitely weren't applied at either end.
    Is there something special I have to do when switching cabs? Or is this simply a bug?

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not come across this one but Dostos seem temperamental across the game. DCZ after a save sometimes impossible to get brake release no matter what you do. Last cab car scenario I ran, basically went back to the loco and drove the whole thing from there using head out and 3 view. No more brake release problems plus I could use AFB and actually get a bit of loco noise rather than the deathly silence of the 766.

3. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to recreate the issue. I took over a random AI service at the stop before Meissen, drove to Meissen, then changed ends like you said, and the brakes released fine, with power readily available from the Class 146. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the coupling between the cars was messed up. Are you able to recreate the issue, or was it only once?

4. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I gotta look if I can recreate it, but I've encountered it before that, I know.

EDIT: Just noticed that when it happened I used the Tharandter Rampe cab car. Maybe this could've been the culprit?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That's the one which gives me trouble. It seems to lose the ability to control anything, even if you try the trick of uncoupling and immediately recoupling the loco. Like I said, the only lasting solution I've found is not to use the cab car at all, but at the start of the run alight, go back into the loco and set up the cab facing direction of travel (i.e. the coupled end) and drive from there using whatever view suits.

6. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Makes sense. What a bummer. Well then I'll keep a look out to not use the Tharandter Rampe cabcar :D

7. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

We examined the opposite cab swap (BR 146.2 to Dosto) closer because of a comment that Alex Bányász put under one of my videos.
    I think at least one problem in this constellation is that the electronic brake "valve" in the BR 146.2 doesn't get "locked" when the reverser is set to neutral or off (what would happen irl, imho, it not happening probably messes up the brake system).
    The swap from Dosto to BR 146.2 should work though, like this:
    1) Still in Dosto cab: brake lever to emergency, wait for brake pipe (HLL) to drain, then lock the brakes, set the brake lever back to running and the reverser to off (shut down the Dosto cab)
    2) In BR 146.2 cab: set reverser to forward, brake lever to running, wait for brake pipe (HLL) to fill and brakes to release (set up the BR 146.2 cab, close doors if necessary)
    I just tried it with the Tharandter Rampe Dosto cab car, it worked.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 5