Ps5 Add On Manager

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by whitey#4272, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

So same message then.

Soon
    (We really need that word to be fixed to a definition)
    About to go into testing
    (Wasn’t it about to several months ago)
    It’s been complicated
    (This I can appreciate)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Translation.

DTG have put this on the back-burner as they have started testing for Rivets new route which Rivet have said they are looking at the new year

Meanwhile JD has been deployed to rinse and repeat same tired old PR lines, while Matt hides away from PS users as he has lied so many times now he is beginning to look like Pinocchio

• Like Like x 5
  3. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

Thanks for the update. I know you guys are putting a lot of time on this. It’ll be great to have it. Thanks for what you’re doing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

DTG JD
    So seeing as we have a few "months" before the DLC manager release and with the possibility of more DLC being released in the short term between now and the actual release of DLC manager. Can we have the file size for the PS5 version and the PS4 version (separate please) for all content as and when it gets released? (like a couple of or a day before release as you must know the size for when it goes off to the PSN store).
    That way if we want to play TSW 3 Tetris then we can get a head start in what route we are planning to remove etc etc.

EDIT
    For reference The size for the PS5 is 4.3 gig.
    The Ps4 version is 2.4 gig in size.
    Cheers @DTGJamie for that

Regards
    Hentis

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

This is starting to get out of hands with people moaning blaming DTG, coming out with say that DTG Don't care about PS. JD is just the messenger in this he is not working on the issue. Its starting to look like how a Foolball Facebook post is like when there team loses in here. Yes it's annoying the limit but throwing the blame to DTG isn't needed! Sony put the limit in blame them not DTG this could quite happen on Xbox as well DTG are fixing this, Fixing bug in game do take a bit of time even more is they need to make a new way fir it to load and unload DLC and now wich ones to do its like anything that needs repair it will take time. I'm not a game engineer. Do you what a buggy mess or not

• Like Like x 3
  6. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

And here we have the DTG defender.

Nobody has said they don’t care about the PS. Of course they do in regards to the PS4 because there are thousands of users. The PS5 is a different matter because in comparison the numbers are small and they don’t care about them.

Yes Sony did introduce the limit but DTG were aware before the console was ever released. Even now they don’t warn prospective customers about the issue in their advertising for TSW3 or new DLC.

The only part of your post I agree with is about a buggy mess and no I don’t we already have that.

‘Stop trying to defend the indefensible as this has now been over a year and still no solution coming.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This feels absolutely fair. Will try to grab that information before release for you.

• Like Like x 5
  8. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

So is expecting the issue to be resolved in over a year fair.

9. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

He is referring to the info that Hentis asked for!

10. cjheron

cjheron Member

I agree with some points here. I would love to buy the new Bremen - Oldenburg route, but my internet just doesn’t allow for installing and uninstalling content on a whim. On the flip side, I’d rather it be in a completely working state when they do realise it for TSW3 so waiting isn’t an issue for me, as frustrating as it may be. However, when it does come out in the future, I may be able to pick up the route in a sale.

• Like Like x 3
  11. antony.henley

Well this could well be the last route I buy for the foreseeable future. Not just because of the lack of dlc manager but @£30 a pop its getting a bit too pricey for me. I am not starting a routes are too pricey post or argument If I was working then I would easily buy the routes. I am not working and the money for being a carer for my mum is utter crap so I have to choose what I am going to be doing. If I get enough money from my YT streams then perhaps a route can be justified but not at the moment.

EDIT
    So I manged to install Bremen - Oldenburg on the PS4 pro with no problems.
    However on the PS5 I had to remove LGV and Cathcart Circle to get the route on. I also manged to install the BR 187 as well.

Hentis

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  12. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Waiting for the add on manager probably be the best way to Wait for a sale to be honest and bugs in those DLC to get hopefully sorted (if there are any)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Stopped buying DLC a while ago. And not buying any more until the DLC manager is out and running. And then after that it will be from the sales only as £30 a go, and at what seems recently, every month, is too much when on pension.

• Like Like x 9
  14. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

I ran into problems for the first time today after buying BRO on my PS4 Pro. It didn‘t show after installing. I have now reinstalled TSW3 and have installed the core routes and the German routes. BRO shows up now at least. Will keeping installing the other stuff in order of personal priority, but hope an Add-ons Manager is released before any new DLC‘s, otherwise there really isn‘t much point. Especially considering you can‘t de-install individual DLC‘s on PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  15. antony.henley

Make sure you dont go over 50 ITEMS of dlc for the PS4. :)

Hentis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

As I’ve mentioned before . PS5 users are being punished for giving DTG more money.
    The more DLC we have the more we have to play Tetris on TSW3 (which cost us more money when we upgraded to the so called new improved version) When we bought the PS5 we were promised that our PS4 accounts would be able to be transferred to PS5 , now we were very quietly told that was no longer the case . I know that we chose to buy the PS5 console but a lot of us did so because of the improvements to the game , a lot of these promises like a lot of TSW are broken

17. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Also add that there are problems subscribing to CC on the PS5 and impossible to get past the first page of any uploads on the internet version .
    I love this game and as an unwell person who gets depressed at my condition (I was very active until about three years ago ) this game is a Godsend to me . It relaxes me and seriously makes me happy , that’s why I get so annoyed at things that should have been sorted or acknowledged

• Like Like x 4