Out Now Bahnstrecke Bremen – Oldenburg, Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Dec 6, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

The BR110 is well done & is fun to drive and Im really happy to see dynamic weather in journey mode and the route and stations look nice.
    The timetable looks really good has some really interesting services included and seems very varied.

Its not all bad and had it been executed even half as well as BCC or the other TSW3 routes it could have been a great DLC.

I think thats the most frustrating aspect, all the ingredients are great just the chef has rushed things, not paid attention and burnt it right at the end. Another couple of weeks testing, tweaking and a bit of attention to detail is all that is missing.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

No doubt the 110 & 463 look super and are well done.

I also really like the route itself, lots of traffic and good scenery.

But the enjoyment is spoiled by all the obvious flaws that make you think "wtf" after just a few minutes. Sooooo sad... :(

• Like Like x 5
  3. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

At the moment i dont see anythig wrong on that Dlc.
    The light thingy what ive mentioned above is maybe my personal impression but this is not a big deal.
    I drove already all 3 locos and they are fine to me.
    I have to add that i am around level 107 and until now ive didnt use PZB and all that safety things :)
    Just driving using my intuition and this is fine :)
    On the trains/locos itself i dont see any bad designs or major problems.
    The tutorial could be made more detailed. Guess maybe ive played not so much on this dlc so i dont want to judge about it.
    Basically i am happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

Ok this whole performance thing and the 425 in particular is getting weird.

Just drove the ICE1 & the BR162 into Bremen and where I was getting 20-25fps in the 623 & 425 Im getting 35-40fps in both the ICE1 & 612, not perfect but definitely more acceptable. Im going to do some more experimenting in the morning but right now Im reaching the conclusion that its the trains causing the bad performance and not the route.

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I like short routes with short services and lots of traffic. I also like older stock and this route is definitely a good break from the modern german stuff we've had since the beginning. Although there were a lot of issues reported, most of them don't affect me. Didn't buy the route yet, but it is definitely up there for me. At the same time I feel like some of the bugs shouldn't have been there on launch. I will still enjoy playing on the route once I purchase it

• Like Like x 1
  6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

very much agree, without these bugs this route I would probably give a relatively high rating of “as close to perfect as reasonably achievable as of yet”

hope the fixes that’s been identified get fixed in reasonable time, some are only minor but make a big impact.

7. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Higher price, but with low quality, few new trains, shorter route, and this is the DTG. Don't know why DTG have face to increse the price:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  8. rennekton#1349

Few new trains is nothing new. It's kinda always been like that. Usually have seen around 1 new train and a bunch of recycled/improved content with stuff layering and subbing in as always.

9. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

They do, but somehow they managed to screw the lighting up so bad that they are not visible at daytime, as the light from outside is way too bright.
    If you drive the cabcar at Dawn/dusk, at night or on a TSW2 Route (Link for scenarios
    in my Signature ;)) they appear as normal.

Really raises the questions if routes are tested with safety systems on?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  11. redrev1917

Given the state of BDO the more pertinent question should be do they actually act on any issues testing throws up? It's either there's zero manual testing being down now they've the autotester or they aren't fixing issues brought up

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Indeed. Regardless of whether it's the 425, trees or something else which is murdering the frame rates, unless all the testers are running Cray super computers someone should have picked up on this. Or as one of the regular YT reviewers put it about another less than perfect product, seems most of the testers are yes men or people who just want early free access and too frightened at losing that, than bothering to do their job properly.

Mentioned previously access to the Simrail open beta test starts this evening. Yes I intend to enjoy myself, but I will also be on the lookout for issues big and small and not afraid to report them.

As regards the 110 and cab car over powerful braking, once again it seems Simugraph not up to the job, or it's rubbish in, rubbish out. Zusi has been mentioned - even if they can't publicly admit it, the performance of physics in Zusi should be the template aimed at for TSW.

All this would still be more or less okay if we could rely on DTG to fix the issues but we know from bitter experience, once enough money has gone in the bank it will be left in a state, as has happened with numerous other previous releases.

I would like to think Paul Jackson or whoever sits at the top will be calling the TSW team in this morning, no tea and biscuits but a stark warning that if things don't improve some people are likely to be looking for a new job in 2023.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

I can remember that it was mentioned on one stream that DTG cant test everthing because of lack of time and because of big amount of timetable tasks.
    Wondering why they do not work with a test branch on steam where people can test a update/new content?
    There are lot of games which handle it like that and this seems to work.... i know... the players are then the "test employees" but bugs or other relevant problems could be faster adressed to DTG.
    The problems could be resolved faster and after that a better optimized and bug free candidate could be released.

14. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

I think that the game is tested enough. I think that the issue lies at higher ranks, management and decision making levels. What they decide to do about the issues and the launch of the product might make the testers look bad but in the end it´s not their fault.

You´ve heard many times the answer ¨We know about issues x, y, z. The fix won´t make it before release or even as a day one patch¨. You got told the same about the PZB issue on the preview stream for this route too. PZB is a feature that should be part of the core of a product with aspirations to be a simulator.

Anyway, OldVern will see you on the other ¨battlefield¨ tonight and onwards, I will be playing it too. :)

• Like Like x 5
  15. summersy

summersy Active Member

Exactly so why still bring the routes out when they know about all the issues? And have the neck to put the price up as well. I'm an electrician and it's like me wiring someone's lights wrong so that they don't switch off or whatever, and when the customer says its not right I want it fixing I come back with well I know it doesn't work properly but it won't be fixed anytime soon but I still need paying for my work.

Regardless of who's at fault at the company for these continued launch issues, it's not on really is it.

I haven't picked up bcc or this new route and I don't really intend to anytime soon going off experiences on this forum.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I like the route overall but it does suffer from crashes on certain scenarios and there are occasional bugs which bite you. The 110 (and cab car) is fun to drive but it brakes like an F1 car, which is jolly useful if you’re snoozing and need to stop in a hurry, but is it true to life? After a few runs the route seems a little on the short side, but is quite busy thanks to the layering. A fair amount of stuttering goes on and that’s with a 3090 Ti, not sure the new AI scenery optimisation process is fully optimised!

Just to reiterate what others have said, DTG really need to up their quality control and not be afraid to delay releases, especially at this price point. Wouldn’t it be nice if everything just worked as it should on release day? I would happily add myself and my PC to the test pool if I thought it could make a difference.

• Like Like x 3
  17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Partially broken game elements I met playing for maybe a few hours:
    PZB, signaling, sounds, scenarios, train textures, lighting, train physics, more to come

I really want to love all TSW content, especially the German one, but this time this is simply impossible. It's playable, OK. With eyes closed. Sounds are good sometimes. A disaster.

This is nicely summarized the PROBLEM:

• Like Like x 13
  18. OldVern

Well hopefully DTG are digesting this and the other threads but the deathly silence of any official response to the problems already raised is not encouraging. Even if it is the usual platitudes. We are all here because generally we enjoy the game and the German routes have until now delivered a higher level of quality.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

So I’ve got the DB363. What else do I need installed to get the Museum runs? I’m on PS5 so hoping not to bounce between installing other dlc hahaha

20. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Simple, to please the bean counters and shareholders at the top.

They don't care about the quality (or lack thereof), of the DLC, when they know full well going off of the last several years worth of experience that people will continue to purchase broken DLC day one.

Why change the habit of a lifetime if it already works?

• Like Like x 5
  21. redrev1917

Tomorrows roadmap will be the usual excuse fest

• Like Like x 6
  22. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

That'll be the 363 from Dresden-Riesa.

23. OldVern

Would be interesting to know what internal feedback goes back and forth between DTG, Steam, Epic Sony and MS if a product gets a large number of refunds or bad reviews. Surely the point must come when the sellers themselves say this is not good enough, not making us any money and decline to sell anything new until the quality does improve.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I doubt the sellers are that bothered at all. Sony for instance will not refund if you’ve opened the game since purchase so no chance of a refund if you’ve played it. Microsoft make it extremely hard. Though if you manage to get to a human, they might refund. So in terms of numbers of sales I doubt either of them issue many refunds.

As for reviews, these are probably from a very small number of the total player base.

I suspect the majority of players, at least on console, only ever play a couple of scenarios and maybe a few timetables and never turn on safety systems. So don’t encounter half the bugs. Those of us here, probably care a lot more about such things.

If anyone really did care about reviews then the DB 187 would be long gone.

Also a lot of the reviews disappeared anyway in the move to TSW3 and TSW compatible add ons being released.

I have to confess, I don’t pay much attention to reviews anyway I usually find there are very few of any use.

• Like Like x 2
  25. redrev1917

I never really look at reviews, 30% them have got the game for free so rave about even the worst DLC to ensure they remain on th gravy train and continue to get freebies, 30% have ridiculous expectations (even compared to my own fairly high expectations) and 30% are just moaning for the sake of moaning. Leaving about 10% of the reviews actually of any use in order to make an informed decision.

• Like Like x 2
  26. OldVern

I always lament that Steam only allows you to leave a positive or negative review, not a neutral one or percentage rating.

In any event while sitting here at the hospital having my 4 weekly "juice" infusion, been watching some clips of the DB 110 in action in Zusi 3. Absolutely fantastic, graphics aren't that bad really actually more lifelike than TSW. So I can see where my money will be going come sale time, not forgetting Simrail of course. Sorry DTG but here is one customer who won't be rushing to spend £30 on a DLC and thinking hard before even spending in a sale.

• Like Like x 2
  27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

OldVern am I missing something here about looking more lifelike than TSW. Either i'm looking at the wrong thing, you're drunk or your glasses are broke mate.

upload_2022-12-7_11-57-45.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. OldVern

Well I'm only going by You Tube but the lighting certainly looks better. Anyhow it's not just about the graphics which is why now and again I load up the old MSTS routes in OR.

• Like Like x 1
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

ZUSI looks very natural good with plendora of fps. The graphics are simple there but pleasurable, smooth and realistic feel.

• Like Like x 2
  30. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Am I really in the parallel universe at this point?

I’m all for competitor exploration but I’m really not seeing it

• Like Like x 5
  31. redrev1917

Zusi has it's strengths but I'm certainly not in the camp it looks more real to life then TSW. The redeeming feature about TSW is primarily it's graphics and 24hr timetable.

• Like Like x 6
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Just in point. I am amazed why waste time on (buged) Journeys, (buged) Scenarios, (buged) fancy Menus, etc.
    It is enough to polish the main aspect of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  33. redrev1917

A uninstall and reinstall has resulted in significant improvements, I can even see the headlights on the 425 are illuminated in day light on an overcast day, certainly couldn't yesterday. Performance is also improved still stuttering and appalling FPS in sections far worst then anything else I own but an improvement.

Is it just me or do all locos brakes seem far stronger on BBO compared to other routes, even in the ICE1, 612 and 425. All locos I've driven and familiar with their braking curves I'm consistently pulling up 10-15mtrs short. It's like the braking physics on this route is different to elsewhere, or perhaps the rails are offering better adhesion. Or I've just forgot how to drive

• Like Like x 2
  34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

About lighting and textures. Maybe I will try to re-install the whole TSW too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  35. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The brakes on the 110 are a tad sharpish. Kinda good really when you are too busy chatting to the viewers and are 990 yards away from the station and a red lol. not sure whether or not they are like that in real life perhaps someone can confirm?
    Not really tried the 612, only drove the ICE 1 as a light engine The 155 seemed ok. Didnt Matt say the changed the physics of the 425 (not sure about the 155 though).

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  36. breblimator

breblimator Guest

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/master-the-electrics.62060/page-9#post-576080

37. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Ah brilliant. Cheers :)

38. breblimator

breblimator Guest

a detailed info for the future :) link

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  39. I'd price it at 19.99 or less.

• Like Like x 1
  40. redrev1917

It's the complete radio silence from DTG that's getting me, 24 hours since the first releases, zilch, nada, nothing from them. Not even an acknowledgment that it's subpar or any promise of fixes.

To many it will appear as contempt they have towards the community

• Like Like x 5
  41. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The Bügelfalte Br 110 in Zusi has the advantage of being the only Einheitselok with an HD cab. Lovely to drive and pretty to look at. Not TSW-levels of eye candy by any stretch, of course, but still. Funny that you mention MSTS/OR, recently discovered a freeware version of the Milwaukee Road’s Rocky Mountains Subdivision and am having blast with the ancient electrics.

42. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I have spent serious hours in Zusi, watching Simrail also. As before TSW uninstalled until either some new features arrive such as dynamic signalling/breakdowns and the like or a route and rolling stock comes out such as the West Highland in the 80s.

Shame this older DB route has issues but no surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Not really surprising, the route was announced a week before release, is full of small bugs that all add up and make for a pretty subpar release. it’s a shame because on paper it’s solid.

Looks like time was a massive issue on this one, as it the whole thing doesn’t appear to have been looked over.

BCC just released, now this & the leaked Holiday Express which I assume is imminent, just seems like DTG is on a cash run and the fixing will be spread out over the next year or so.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

That would be the new KAT (Knebworth Ameliorating Traction) system.

45. rennekton#1349

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/master-the-electrics.62060/page-9#post-576088

Scroll to the bottom to see what Maik said regarding the 110. The 425 and 155 did get improved physics. The 425 behaves more like a 423 and 155 has the brake modes and brake bridging and whatever that does

Maik responded on another thread that he made the brakes less strong in a dev build but it's still strong. Something about there not being a lot of weight and stuff like that causing the strong braking.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Solowing

Solowing Member

It would be nice to see on the main page, explanations from developers and testers, how it was possible to release such a crude route after the price increase. In which we were assured that part of the money was spent on testing routes.

• Like Like x 1
  47. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Same here, I stopped giving money to DTG until they get their act together and fix their damn game (camera on PS5 is still going bonkers when you sit in an AI train as a passenger and -try- to enjoy the outside view!!! :/
    They never fix their bugs or only some and take too long for it, and it's ALWAYS the same.
    They always put MONEY over QA or bugfixes. Always.
    They will never change until management changes or they get in serious financial trouble because their loyal customers won't take this attitude any more!

• Like Like x 7
  48. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Did you uninstall BRO or the whole game? I’m having some micro stutter issues.

49. redrev1917

Just BRO, I'd done a file verify first and that hadn't picked up any missing files but given the zero support from DTG I was desperate to try anything to get it into a near drivable state as around Bremen I was going single digit FPS.

• Like Like x 1
  50. After a couple of runs it got better but I'm still getting that dreaded freeze every so often with the sound slowing down aswell. Same as bml.

Getting dips to 40fps in places.