Dlc Limit Now Also On The Ps4?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

After the last two DLC BCC and NJE/SKA didn't appear in TSW3, I submitted a support ticket and got the following answer:

1. Uninstall Train Sim World 3.
    2. Install Train Sim World 3 + Birmingham Cross City.
    3. Load the game and verify that the Birmingham Cross-City is present.
    4. Install up to, but not exceeding 50 add-ons

Not only does this mean starting from scratch on PS4, I fear losing my profile. Unfortunately, the DLC cannot be switched, so it can only be a short-term workaround.

My TSW3 version is V1.14, 158.4GB, all 66 DLC installed!

Apparently this only affects a few players (who all have DLC!) and obviously exceeds a certain limit.

And I fear that the problem is not being taken seriously, perhaps DTG Jamie , DTG JD or DTG Matt can comment on whether this is being investigated and addressed? I still want to buy DLC, but then also be able to use it...

See also here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/bcc-oh-the-irony-i-need-a-break.61665/page-2

Thanks & Greetings

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

50?? Oh boy, I'll count them when I get home, but I'm pretty sure that also puts me in the danger zone :(

This once more painfully illustrates the urgency for a correctly working add-ons-manager. Release of that keeps taking more time, and lately it's been awfully quiet regarding the progress of the add-ons managerd. Let's hope it'll be released before year's end...

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello - we're absolutely investigating after the reports last week. Ultimately, this will be solved with Add-ons Manager, which is our silver bullet in this scenario, and the team are working hard to get it out as quickly as we can, and as safely as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Interesting, just checked and I have 56 addons installed on my PS4, are we saying some of them 'may' not be appearing in game? I must say I have not noticed any missing but have not thoroughly checked either.

Edit: as far as I can see all of my content is showing in game and selectable

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Not noticed this but I only have uk dlc and so nowhere near 50 items

6. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

It would be strange for TSW to hit a number of DLC (rather than size) limit on PS4, Dead or Alive 5 has 93 DLCs and searching the web the only game with any kind of issue is TSW.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Looks like I have this problem now on the PS4 after installing Bremen-Oldenburg. It‘s not showing up at all, even after a re-install.
    I have all DLC‘s except the Santa Fe F7.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Maik_1978

Maik_1978 New Member

I have the same Problem on PS4 Standard with TSW3.
    Birmingham Cross City don't appear as DLC in the Game, neither the BR 323 in the Training Center.

At Training Center, it shows me the "Red Cross" with "Missing Name" in the Loco Screen, where the BR 323 should be.
    I've restored my Licences, but the DLC still not appear in the Game.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yep the PS5 has a 64gb dlc limit
    The PS4 has a 50 item dlc limit.
    On the PS4 version of TSW3 (on the PS5) I have 66 items of dlc including BCC that does not show up.
    On my PS4 pro I have 46 items of dlc all UK / German and no US.

I installed BRO on the PS4 pro this morning and all worked fine.

Hentis

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Has Sony owned this 50 dlc limit as a thing?
    We know the ps5 issues are their making, but where has this ps4 issue come from?

or… has it always been there, just we banged up against it and no one checked the spec sheets before we started this dlc way of doing things

11. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So much for "Play with no limits" slogan Sony is using. Why there appears to be limits that are Sony's doing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Usual we’re working on it but it’s more important for us to bring out new routes more regularly than worry about PS5 players as the numbers are small compared to other platforms. But now there appears to be issues with the PS4 maybe they will get more than one person working on it.

Don’t forget there are other examples of issues that have been going on for over a year without any resolutions Rushour passengers on London Commuter for one.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Maik_1978

Maik_1978 New Member

With the new Update, the new Addon Bremen-Oldenburg don't appear in my TSW3 Game on PS4 too, after this happens with Birmingham Cross City before.

I have TSW3 installed with the 4 Standard Routes inclusive Training Center, all TSW2 Routes and Locos and the 2 new Addons for TSW3.
    The fact that the 2 new Addons don't show up in the Game means, that TSW3 on PS4 on my side have reached the DLC Limit.

14. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I've seen a new wave of people having this problem on the TSW Facebook group since BCC came out. Seems like it is even more annoying than the PS5 issue because the PS4 doesn't let you even uninstall or reinstall individual DLC.

Imagine all the players out there who don't come on the forums or Facebook and just have stuff not appearing without explanation. Theres no warning anywhere to tell you that these DLC that they are releasing at a machine gun pace without fixing the install limits might just not show up in your game.

• Like Like x 4