Road Map Roadmap - December 8th 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Could literally be just an update of the Jubilee to have Speedo, TPWS, AWS etc. like a modern Mainline certified loco. Not sure though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Spads are being investigated. They think they know what the issue is but they still need to confirm it is actually that and know what happens. They are working on multiple priority issues at once so all we can do is wait. Same with achievements being investigated

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

That would be a dual mode locomotive or electro diesel. Which code would be E not D.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

What was the “spoiler” Matt let slip in the live stream? I was working so missed it..

• Like Like x 1
  5. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Given what was mentioned in the roadmap, I'd expect to see pretty much this with one or both of the existing steam locos (maybe another livery too). They've all but confirmed that a 'new' locomotive would fall under a different category (ie a loco add-on).

The roadmap strongly suggests that it will be for the as-yet unannounced Rivet route too rather than one of the existing routes.

6. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Still no TSW2 preserved collection? I thought it was due before Xmas? Also why is the CLass20 ONLY tsw3?

• Like Like x 2
  7. georgedayy7

georgedayy7 Member

Could the UK steam maybe be an add on be for west Somerset railway ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Since 2008 the island was given the last serving E1 now numbered W2 Yarmouth, W37 invincible failed still out since 2009, train story where locos and rolling stock is stored including the class 483 007, the Ryde pier tramway car (pacer nick named) more coaching and wagons. Bar in a barn. Wootton Station has had a complete make over like the signal box now on the platform and working next year a goods shed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

So there you have it no add on manager for TSW3 for PS5 before Christmas.

DTG are just taking the Mickey out or customers. No time to fix this issue but plenty of time for new routes and now this utterly stupid Runaway Elf train.

September when TSW2 version was released we were told TSW3 would follow shortly.
    October close to testing.
    November close to testing.
    December just started testing if you believe them.

And this latest Roadmap no news as all just confirmation it won’t be released before Christmas.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

11. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Judging by Route code is it the rivet pack for WCL with some Steam?
    Because E6 is expansion for 1991-2010 and the only British route that has that 6 is WCL?

• Like Like x 3
  12. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed tonights roadmap, seems more relaxed and open then the past few months.

13. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Ah OK, so there is a difference, I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying ;)

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This exactly what I was implying in my post so you win the Christmas pudding. It’ll be a timetable for WCL that uses the locos from SoS. It makes sense that they would make a pack for their own route so it fits very well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Rivet's performance in first of class in anything seems to have been somewhat underwhelming. Not sure why people are expecting their first attempt at steam to be anything other than underwhelming. Let's face it DTG is still trying to sort out SoS.

• Like Like x 7
  16. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

That would be a shame if that’s the case. Although it makes sense from a business perspective as it will be cheap to produce.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Missing updates from the preservation crew for TSW2. Same since months, no progress. So I won‘t buy/start TSW3 as long as I do not finish TSW2 routes where I‘m waiting on updates. Most important would be to do something on RSN which is unplayable in timetable mode due to missing locos at trains on the line.

• Like Like x 1
  18. redrev1917

Its already been confirmed this is a game play pack and wont include any new locos steam or otherwise. It will provide a few scenarios and perhaps a new timetable/layers to the existing timetable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. coursetim

Result, dont mind a Christmas pudding :D I'm wondering if there will be a gronk of some description in this one for piloting? Be interesting to see what they do

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Route era code is 1991 - 2010, so I would assume its for the west Cornwall route, but it wouldn't make sense to me unless they are railtour things

• Like Like x 2
  21. a.paice

I guess they could use the 09 from WSR as it’s already green. Maybe it wouldn’t have been seen down there very often but nor would there have been a Jubilee on every train to Penzance

• Like Like x 1
  22. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Agreed, I think Matt was very careful how he chose his words about the Bremen dlc but actually, that honesty is far more conducive for getting community respect. Likely keeps the sales too. Fair play and admiration for holding hands up

• Like Like x 5
  23. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

While not a particularly exciting roadmap for me personally, there was just one thing listed which really peaked my interest:

"The team have also investigated what is involved in upgrading some Train Sim World Compatible routes with Train Sim World 3 features (primarily lighting and skies)...".

This would be absolutely brilliant as lately I've found it highly frustrating playing older routes with their lighting, especially at night. For example, playing night time services on London Commuter is almost like being in broad daylight it's so bright and certainly ruins the immersion. Fingers crossed this gets implemented for older TSW routes, at least for Rush Hour ones which they deserve as these, to me, are still the flagship routes for TSW with their timetables etc.

Elsewhere, I'm not a big fan of things like the Holiday Express – Runaway Elf add-on. I know it's supposed to be fun, but I'd rather the effort have been spent into DLC, like rolling stock, which could provide freshness to existing routes - especially considering this is meant to be a realistic train sim.

• Like Like x 4
  24. redrev1917

Im certainly not a fan, but considering they did similar for TSC, you've got to assume they know it will commercially be a success, and like Matt said, Skyhook did the route laying so the DTG engineering team had little to no input so its not impacted their work to any degree.

I wont be buying it but there must be a sizeable market who this is aimed at and anything which commercially makes sense means more money in the pot for research and development of the game in the long term, so we are all winners.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. coursetim

I've actually gone back and looked at the previous route codes and GWE was R7 and Diesel Legends was E5 so I could be totally wrong with WCL maybe it is IOW or WSR?

• Like Like x 1
  26. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Most boring roadmap stream ever. Used to be fun to watch and get thrilled by new routes or loco announcements...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  27. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Route enhancement pack? Clarify please.

28. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Hope it’s for Cornwall but I would greatly prefer a modern update using the HSTs rather than steam- but then that’s how Cornwall is, destined to be remembered only as part of the past…

• Like Like x 1
  29. rennekton#1349

Two route enhancement packs were added to the December roadmap for a us route and uk route. A route enhancement pack is basically a gameplay pack like diesel legends and the Rhb anniversary pack. It does not come with new rolling stock or extensions or any changes to the base route at all. So basically reskinning locomotives that are already in game, creating scenarios and a timetable basically. BAsed on the route code, the US one will be a diesel electric locomotive and the UK one is a steam locomotive. So any of the freight locomotives and the steam locomotives will be reused.

30. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

On a positive side: they used this to investigate functioning escalators and elevators, that's certainly not wasted time as it will probably improve scenery in future releases. But I won't buy the christmas dlc for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Okay, cheers for that. :)

32. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

For those who missed it last night, the live stream is here:

33. DTG JD

We touched on these last night - and I believe they're covered in the 'A quick note on...' section of the written Roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DTG JD

We did touch on this last night, first question in the Q&A section:

35. DTG JD

I believe this is covered by the Pathfinder improvements section (part of this project).

36. DTG JD

As a quick update on the 'Expansion Pack' terminology:

Expect something along the lines of a 'Diesels Legends' pack, with new gameplay added to an existing route - rather than a 'route upgrade' or a brand-new loco.

37. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the proper fixes for the class 150/2 that’s long overdue for correct fixing

• Like Like x 2
  38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not that exciting, more of a circling the airport than landing the plane.

There's just so much that needs fixing with the existing content, it's hard to get too excited about what's in the pipeline.
    The Christmas route will be worth a punt, probably, only £8.
    Hard to take anything Rivet might do as credible, given the mess that WCL and the 150 in particular are still in. Not at all excited.
    At least the need to fix SoS is acknowledged but why the heck is it taking so long to come up with a solution to the problems, some of which (like the rogue SPAD's) have been around since release in TSW2. Likewise what about all the broken scenarios in other routes particularly Journey Mode that have been listed ad nauseum but seem to now be off anyone's radar?
    A bit of confusion over German routes - is the TSG one the Niddertalbahn, or a separate entity?
    More NE USA overhead catenary doesn't particularly hit my spot either.
    No mention of a new UK route that I can see, so guess BCC was it for the time being.

• Like Like x 6
  39. robert.miller

robert.miller Member

I used to really enjoy driving the 150 but after the last 'fix' I find it annoying and cant bring myself to use it again

• Like Like x 3
  40. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Yes it sounds a bit like a washing machine now.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

If it's anything like the dioramas and some of the other new features we have seen in other route's, they will be used once and never seen again!

• Like Like x 5
  42. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Will these at least be era-appropriate? Things like Diesel Legends and ATSF F7 are not necessarily bad, but seriously don't fit in their surroundings. Expansions that fit the route era though - sign me up.

43. So basically dtg are gonna keep firing out new dlc and not really concentrate on fixes all that much as per usual.

It's been over a year since rush hour London commuter so we can assume that most routes will receive fixes around a 12 month time frame or in some cases not at all!

Sometimes you do it well but most of the time not well at all.

• Like Like x 5
  44. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

So for the US routes, the Enhancement pack has to be for Cajon Pass if its TSW3 only based on the code right? And for the US route and Loco, its both electric AC and post 2011. I gotta say my guess would be a good section of the NEC. Ill get to that in a second.
    The loco, being AC and post 2011 HAS to be Gen 1 Acela. You can run it on BostonSprinter and the new US route which i have 1 guess.
    NY-Philly with NJT Alp-46s and Multilevels (NJTransit). Heres why...
    A route basically with a new train/consist,, right? And at times a new Agency. almost the entire NEC has someone operating regional commuter services. We kinda know Two on the southern portion "doesnt seem to work well when it come to licensing" Those are my words. I follow a lot between transit and video games. But maybe theyll just have either non-playable stand-ins for commuter philly-trenton, or none at all but can still run freight for now while Trenton-NY has NJT trains, The fastest section of Acela speed (135mph) thru half of Jersey and takes an hour from NYP to Philly on Acela. You can also run Boston Sprinter's ACS-64/Amfleet sets on it. TSW3 is about longer routes now right?. Thats my guess and why.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  45. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Not really. The 3 at the start means that the enhancement pack is a TSW3 release but (nearly) all the old routes are in TSW3 so it could be any of the suitable ones. So the newer released locos in an old route or the older locos in a newer route. It could even be old TSW2 locos in a TSW2 route but of course only released for TSW3, such as a CSX pack for Clinchfield. Not that I think that it is what it is. If it was up to me, I’d want the Cajon Pass locos reskinned and put on Horseshoe Curve because that route is crying out for a big loco with decent physics, but that doesn’t add much to the game, it just replaces a bad loco with a good one, so it won’t be that.

All the modern US locos ever released for TSW together on one route would be nice. And remember not all the diesel electrics in game are freight.

46. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

With the info on the US enhancement pack being what it is. Here is a few predictions that I can make.

What we know is the pack will have diesel electrics and set post 2011.

1. UP freight expansion for Cajon Pass.
    -Gameplay adds in the UP freight trains missing that run from the Palmdale Cutoff to Barstow.
    DTG could do their own version of a UP AC44, modify the BNSF ES44C4 into a ES44AC (C45ACCTE as UP calls them) or modify the SD70ACe into an SD70AH.

2. Modern Timetable for Clinchfield.
    -Gameplay adds a modern CSX timetable to the route.
    A CSX ES44AC or ES40DC, a C40-8W in YN3 or YN3b paint would be the most likely locos for the route.

3. BNSF roster expansion for Cajon Pass.
    -Not sure what could be added to the BNSF timetable to Cajon, but could add BNSF's ES44DC's, ES44AC's, AC4400CWs, or SD70ACes...

Not sure what else it could be, no other route could really support modern upgrades without whole new locomotives except Oakville, but Oakville has its timetable update.

EDIT: Other possibilities is a UP heritage/special interest unit pack with their SD70ACe's, with UP 1111, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1989, 1995, and 1996 for Sherman Hill.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  47. a.paice

I thought they were supposed to be streamlining routes so performance increases.
    I don’t mind it on a Christmas route but I wouldn’t want gimmicks like working lifts and escalators on every route at the cost of performance.

48. rennekton#1349

In terms of route length, not really. Both long and short routes do have their benefits. Route length also depends on a lot of things such as how complicated the route is, number of stations, gameplay opportunities, environment, etc. I wouldn't want a long route every time cuz I don't have the concentration to sit for over an hour to do a single service. Although bro is short, if you have all the layers, it gets extremely busy. Even without, it's still relatively busy. And there's a lot of variety. With longer routes and services, I get start to get bored. Although kwg is a good long route, it's quite boring for me doing mostly nothing for an hour and definitely a chore doing the 2hr freight services. Same with American freight and such. Of course I still like certain longer routes like sehs, not every long route is fun for me. People may disagree with me but it's just my own opinion. They also have internal deadlines to meet. A hundred mile route isn't possible every time. But the length should be appropriate for the route. I wouldn't want a 10km high speed route for instance

49. As for the red light issues, I was stuck at a red light on tvl for 45 mins then it cleared and everything got moving again. Would you put that down to a pathing issue?

50. rennekton#1349

Possibly which is what dtg has said could be the reason why you get held at red lights and blockades. It makes the most sense.