PC Dtg- Before You Leave For Xmas.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Dec 8, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say thank you, I might not agree or buy everything but I’m here still after another year. I wanted to get this in before people leg it out the building.

Adam, JD, Sam, Alex, Matt,Joe and all the others not on streams, thank you and I wish you all a good break. We’re nearly there and I personally appreciate all your efforts this year and achievements.For those alone, stay safe, phone a friend, remember your single mates at home alone.

For those I banter with on here, I look forward to more jesting. OldVern im poised waiting for you to refund holiday express too :cool:

Yes this is early but I want to start festivities soon and may forget to wish you all well. Look after each other and I assure you I will continue to badger and fight for animated diggers for another year… every roadmap :D

upload_2022-12-8_23-0-12.gif

[title tweak by Protagonist]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 58
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with you. I've been playing since tsw2020 and have all the dlc now and I've really had fun with them all. Different driving experiences, different locations, different locomotives, etc. Lots of love and effort has been put into tsw. Sure, there have been some ups and downs and not every dlc is great but I'm still having fun and enjoying them regardless even the ones that's got the lowest ratings. All that matters is that I've had fun. Thank you for the great work as always and I really look forward to future content.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

+1

But regardless of that, thanks a lot for everything the team has done this year...
    My 'highlights of the year' are -
    • The first tilting train
    • An amazing timetable on Bakerloo
    • STEAM !!
    • Longest routes and expansions with TSW3
    • Training Centre / Center
    • RHTT
    Keep up the good work and happy holidays !

• Like Like x 9
  4. osiegmund9

osiegmund9 Well-Known Member

I can only agree to chieflongshin words. TSW did very big steps forward this year. Not only in the quality of the products, also in terms of comunication with the Community. Thanks to the team of DTG I am able to spend a few hours or just one after a stressfull day or week, forgetting about all troubles, just enjoying some good drives and relaxing.

I‘m really looking forward to next year and I am sure it will be a good one for TSW, thanks to the stunning work from the team.
    I wish you all relaxed and enjoyable christmas days and a good start into the new year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Baa humbug

6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

+1

At the end of the day they make Train Simulators and I like driving them.

I’ve not been happy with everything that’s happened this year especially the past couple of months, but on the other hand there have been some really good bits. For me having the ICE 1 in the game is my favourite thing this year.

Most memorable TSW3 moment was driving Kassel-Würzburg in a thunderstorm with the volume turned up when there was a minor earthquake just as the lightening struck. I’ve never jumped so much in my life ( still got a gold medal :-D )

So Happy Christmas to everyone at DTG and everyone on here. Personally I’m looking forward to some more German routes and just maybe something in Berlin? Please!

• Like Like x 7
  7. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

+1

Really big steps this year, if someone told me last year that next year there will be long routes like Kassel Würzburg and so awesome stock Like the ICE1 and 110 etc, i wouldnt believe them.

Also liked the honest words in the last Roadmap Stream and the quick fixes to Bremen Oldenburg.
    Really hope they learnt from it and sort things before release and fix issues that are then still there in a matter of days instead months.

Looking forward to the next year and merry Christmas to all at DTG and Here :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I absolutely echo the sentiments of the OP. I’m not a happy bunny at the moment, but none of that is directed at any one individual. I hope everyone at DTG has a lovely, magical Christmas and a very happy New Year.

• Like Like x 8
  9. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Yep, I didn't think you would make TSW3 like it is with longer routes and new trains like the ICE1 and RHTT 66 just to name a couple but yeah, keep up all this good work going into 2023 :love:

For everyone behind-the-scenes, JD, Sam, Adam, Alex, Jamie, Matt and Cat among others, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when the time comes, well done for all your efforts this year and hope to see everyone working hard to deliver the community with more DLC's next year :love:

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As Santa would say, "Ho, ho, ho!"

But yes happy Christmas to all at DTG, for most of what you do your hearts are in the right place. However a few resolutions in the New Year would be welcome!

• Like Like x 4
  11. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I want to say a big thank you to the development team for their work! Merry Christmas and wish you a good holiday! Looking forward to the new year with the hope of getting exciting new DLC!

This year I have been very pleased with the result of your work! Some things were done very well, some things were a little worse, but in general I enjoy all the DLCs that have been released. I am sure in the future I will get amazing gameplay. I wish you good luck and patience in your hard work.

• Like Like x 1
  12. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thanks to the OP for creating this thread, hopefully it won't deviate too much.

I also want to wish happy holidays after a year of hard work to all the DTG team and external developers, who together make possible a game I fell in love with three years ago when I discovered TSW 2020.

And I take this opportunity to wish Christmas greetings to all the forum users and members of the TSW community, who make this game bigger thanks to your contributions and opinions.
    In the end, after a lot of praise for the game and a lot of criticism, what remains is a group of people whose common denominator is to wish a bright future for our beloved game.

• Like Like x 11
  13. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Good post Chief.
    For all it's faults it's the best out there, and the team members genuinely care.

Have a good one guys!

• Like Like x 2
  14. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

*resists the urge to pin this thread*

Thanks very much for the kind words everyone. I'll pass this onto the team. Have a lovely holiday period.

• Like Like x 21
  15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'll echo all of the above. It's been quite a year - all I wanted for xmas was BCC and it came early. :)

Merry Christmas one and all!

• Like Like x 1
  16. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes! 2022 has been a great year for TSW. I can't wait to see what 2023 brings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with everything said above. A lot of positive progression has been made this year which will hopefully carry on into the future. Merry Christmas to everyone, both staff and other forum members.

• Like Like x 2
  19. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Despite frustrations with bugs (although the quick fix patches for Birmingham and Bremen give me hope for the future) and DTG going back to tight-lipped secrecy regarding new content until the last minute before release (unless leaked by JD), and not always agreeing with some of the route choices (I love network style stuff more than A-B runs), I echo the sentiment shared by many here that overall TSW3 is a good step forward. The lighting system, while not perfect, is quite a bit better than previous iterations of TSW2, and the Extended SEHS is a really solid route with a great variety of well-made stock, interesting running patterns and different driving styles.

20. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Happy holidays and thanks for all the hard work to the DTG staff. (And my fellow forum members as well.)

• Like Like x 2
  21. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well said and +1 from me:

My TSW highlights of 2022 (repeating some i'm sure):

TSW2- Dresden-Chemnitz (esp the 612). Really high quality route start to finish. Hope DTG considers this one (and Rush Hour routes) for upgrading to TSW3 standard.

TSW3- Overall, especially the new lighting and weathering

TSW3- our first route extension in SEHS. Personally i think it added a lot to the route and i hope there are more extensions to come. I'm a big fan of route networks, so i'd be happy if they keep expanding on the "London network", even as they start a new one around Birmingham.

TSW3- Cajon Pass- the best US Freight route in the game now IMO, bringing both slow mountain climbs, and some flatter, higher speed runs. Hope it continues to get fleshed out with loco DLC (maybe even the oft-requested Amtrak P42.). Also, please DTG, we need a US Freight pack with more rolling stock and more varied reporting marks for existing stock.

TSW3- Birmingham CC- the 323 is one of my fave trains to drive already, and the route itself is really well done. Hopefully future DLC will build up traffic at BNS.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Also wanted to wish ya’ll well! With Kassel-Würzburg a dream came true in the summer; but now with Bremen-Oldenburg we have got an really really good route and in my opinion the best route we have so far!
    Thank you for everything and see you next year!

• Like Like x 1
  23. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I agree. If we look at what we have now compared to the original TSW 1 release it’s night and day. DTG have listened to feedback and have worked hard and worked hard to improve the standards. Sounds and Physics are so so important to many of the community ans this is an area that has improved massively.

( Looking forward to some 2nd gen DMUs built properly by DTG in the next year! The game desperately needs them. )

• Like Like x 2
  24. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Sorry it's a bit late, but I would also like to thank DTG, they have made tremendous strides, and have definitely learnt a lot over the years. Ultimately, they have created a tremendous game for us to play, and if it weren't for them, I would still be playing Euro Train Sim 2 on my phone (for a mobile game, it was good, but taking the Eurostar from France to St. Pancras in 12 minutes at a top speed of about 140km/h was not that much fun. Train Sim World 2 was exactly what I needed, and Train Sim World 3 made it even better!)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Dear oh dear !
    I remember those days...

Another one I used to play as a kid was 'Train Sim' by a dev '3583 bytes'. And it felt really great back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  26. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Agree chief, your post really brought me in the mood to buy another tsw dlc. Oh..wait, seems there is nothing left to buy for me...

20221210_150009.jpg

Dtg with their team and the third party devs, made a nice progress this year with the releases, new routes, first extension and many new features. Rivet made the first route in a different time periode, which was also unique.

Looking forward to support this franchaise in the future, now with the growing amount of rolling stock the really interesting time starts.

• Like Like x 1
  27. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Exactly, that was the best we had seen so it seemed amazing!

Then along came Train Sim World - you can imagine my face when I saw the graphics - and a world where 1 yard in game = 1 yard IRL! When I finally got the game, I was so excited I didn't even realise that I was playing at 2fps at high graphics on a laptop that couldn't even run low graphics at much more than 20fps! I even wondered why the in-game clock was running so slowly, and why the passengers were walking in slow motion!

Nowadays I play this game to relax after a long day (at a much better performance than above), and frankly I couldn't imagine life without it! Thank you very much DTG!

• Like Like x 2
  28. Thanks dtg team. I know I moan alot but I still appreciate all the work you put into it and it still is one of the best train simulator games available.

Merry Christmas.

• Like Like x 4
  29. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would like to echo the sentiments here too. I have had a renaissance with TSW in the last few weeks since Cross City and have been playing it more than ever. Despite some frustrations it is an enjoyable experience on the whole and I look forward to what the next year holds.

Merry Christmas to all at DTG (and on these forums).

• Like Like x 1
  30. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Thank you for making such a great game. We are tough with you guys but at the end we all want the same thing, Success and a great train simulator experience. Hope for many great things in the future.
    Merry Christmas

• Like Like x 2
  31. diesel power

diesel power Member

A very merry Christmas to everyone ! Regarding tsw3, it has made very good progress, and i also want to say a big thank you to DTG for this wonderfull train sim! I wish you the best! there is still room for improvement though! we all want to see it coming close to perfection in the near future!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  32. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Have a good one everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  33. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Happy Holidays, everyone! Looking forward to some great stuff in 2023!

• Like Like x 2
  34. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Happy holidays and nice christmas to everyone.

20221224_150906.jpg

20221224_150730.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  35. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Echoed too, well done DTG, great year especially the Birmingham route. That was a highlight for me.

• Like Like x 1
  36. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

+ another 1.
    Merry Christmas to all here and a huge thanks to DTG for what they do for us even though we still complain like selfish little kids.
    Looking forward to what the future brings, what bugs get fixed, and which routes are added or extended ;-)
    XmasSD40.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  37. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with you on this and for the Dev team, they need to have a dedicated Forum team to ensure civility.

38. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

A little late to the party here, strikes and all that! :D

I agree with the OP's statement. They may not be perfect but Dovetail - and, I suppose you could throw Rivet and TSG in if you want - have put on a good show this year. DCZ, TSW3, BRO and BCC are all very good DLCs so they deserve a fair bit of credit. Just bought myself BRO and BCC on Xmas and enjoying them already, quite like the short nature of BRO, and I like the look of BCC, from what i've played (I might do a review thread sometime soon).

Looking forward to the new year and the DLCs to come.

• Like Like x 2