Out Now Bahnstrecke Bremen – Oldenburg, Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Dec 6, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I see a list of improvements has now appeared in the Announcements section.

Suspect Paul Jackson indulging a bit of posterior kicking this morning without tea and biscuits.

However it still begs the question why the route was released in this state and not pulled for a couple of weeks to add a bit more polish. Despite these measures, the damage is done and I for one have no real interest in buying certainly not at £30. Simrail Open Beta arrives later today and as already mentioned my Steam funds getting set up to buy Zusi 3 in the next sale.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Whats with the tail lights on the 425, they are as bright as the headlights?

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. OldVern

• Like Like x 5
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Still no PZB and sifa sounds in the 425? Seems a notable omission. And nothing about performance.

Are these still on the radar? Given we had zero input from anyone at DTG over the last 24 hours it's impossible for us to ascertain what's being looked at and what isn't.

• Like Like x 4
  6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We've been focused on getting the post-release patch notes written and out today - we wanted to make sure that things that were problematic were still issues after the patch today before logging things, but will review these threads when we can tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Got the update, but a couple of things I noticed that in the n-wagen cab car, if you move the reverser forward before releasing the brakes, the traction lock (red box) remains on the HUD. Despite this, you can use the throttle normally. Can't for the life of me get any instrument or cab lights to work - is there a master switch somewhere like in the 110? Another thing that's weird is when you set the destination via the handle, it randomly resets to empty. Eventually it will stick though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I found out pressing sifa makes the square white again.

But the update really fixed the 110s Physics and PZB Wechselblinken Issues, now a much more enjoyable and challenging loco that doesnt brake like it has run into a wall.
    I personally dont care about the 425 much on this route, because who wants to drive a boring Emu if you have the 110, but given how fast most issues with the n wagen and 110 were fixed, i am quite confident for the 425.

Can someone say if the cabcars PZB Lights were fixed too, i have a mod for them now so cant judge if you can see them now during daytime in Vanilla.

9. Solowing

Solowing Member

No, still exposed to daylight, just like the sifa.

• Like Like x 1
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

This is based on nothing more than a run in each of the cabcar and the 425.

1) Performance has dramatically improved - Im getting solid greens into Bremen even in the rain, still getting FPS drops at tile loading - but in fairness its thats long since Ive ran with vanilla ini this might be normal across all routes, but overall better frame rates and far less stutters and touchwood no freezes so far.
    2) 425 - A big improvement, head lights work but still no PZB or SIFA sounds. MFDs still really dark and foggy - this needs to be an area of improvement IMO, still getting a 20 km/h signal speed limit into Bremen with no warning, preceeding signals show pending 40.
    3) 463 cab car - PZB lights are still fair to dim in daylight, cant actually decide if they are on or not, need to explore further. Speed limit now maxs out at 140kmh as per the BR110.3. Raildriver support for the tap changer needs a complete rethink, currently at low speeds its unuseable to throttle as you cant control how many steps increase each movement of the raildriver. Ive gone back to keyboard for the throttle for now. HUD is also still showing throttle lock even though brakes are off and doors are closed.

Will come back later with more detailed feedback, however what I will say so far is this route is now at the lower end of what I feel is acceptable for a release, if they could achieve this much in 24 hours in terms of improvements the question is why didnt they hold fire and release Thursday?

Its needs far more work - for example some of the AI stopping points still seemed strange but I ran express services so not seen for myself the stop markers at the smaller stations. BUT I am no longer regretting my purchase and starting to enjoy the route despite the remaining flaws.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yeah I did see it earlier on this evening.

Hentis

12. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I would be prepared for a rough go in Zusi3, if you're only going by youtube videos. The graphics are really outdated (worse than Run 8 imo), and the interface and general operation of the program aren't user friendly at all. It isn't buggy, really, but it's clear it was never intended as a consumer-facing product.

It's a great reference for learning about german railways, safety systems, and operations, but as far as actually driving trains i very much prefer TSW.

Interested to see how SimRail turns out, though- i couldn't get on with the Prologue at all, but hopefully it will be a nice surprise.

• Like Like x 2
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

This I’ve seen on BCC. I saw it in a tunnel, I think it’s a light bake error as mine was same, . It’s like a dark room part way through.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldVern

Played Zusi 2 back in the day, so kind of know what to expect.
    Re Simrail, looks like the initial test is MP only :( , I couldn't even get a stable server connection. :( :( So back to trying to finish Journey mode on DCZ...

15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think you're really going to enjoy Zusi 3 then, looks much better than 2 with actual scenery and HD (and some 4k) cabs. The menus may be as un-userfriendly as ever, but the spot-on signalling and safety systems together with good physics and the spectacularly large track network at this point make it a must-have for German train enthusiasts.

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm............
    Coincidence?

17. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Zusi if German routes are your thing. It’s quite literally a driver training tool. And having all of the signals and electronics completely functional is a game changer. The problem is that it’s extremely user unfriendly to the point where you really do have to study the documentation in detail in order to effectively use it. (Fortunately the English language manual is fantastic - frankly one of the better pieces of technical writing I’ve seen in a while, and worth checking out even if you don’t use the software to get an in-depth tutorial on signaling and train protection.)

But I digress.. I am quite interested in Simrail, but how are their routes? Are they still focused on Poland or will we see other countries as well?

18. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They only have a polish railroad now that is like 400km long and takes like 4hrs end to end and you can do it in 1 sitting. Apparently they will release a german and us dlc (Alaska, hawaii). Schnauzapowahz or however you say his name did a YouTube video on the playtest and he mentioned how they are planning to do that

19. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Just saw that in a video, not only that there is a typo again (like for so many other things especially around PIS), it seems very unlikely that trains all the way from the south of Germany, stationed in Stuttgart, would operate services all the way in the north… I know, who cares - well, I do, this is the level of love and attention to detail that would be nice, but I guess time is better invested in a moving bridge that you will never see moving from the train :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Which typos on the PIS have you seen?

21. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

From the top of my head, „Nicht Einsteigen“ and „Betriebsfahrt“ have typically had typos. I’ll take a look around and send you a more detailed list if you are interested :)

22. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Ah, if they're part of the scroll blind, I have no control over them myself but I'll make a ticket for them yes. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  23. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

At the beginning i was doubt full about short route and few stations... but it's great for the variety of layers that run along the route (even if i'm on Xbox One X)

24. Apofisz29

Apofisz29 New Member

hi BR 110.3 ,b-Wagons can hardly be seen in the evening, light conditions could be a little better

25. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

Yes, there are still bugs after the last update, but the track and vehicles are all drivable and fun - at least for me.

Which game nowadays - even apart from the railway simulations - is perfect and without errors from the start? There are enough studios that can't do it or don't want it. That's not meant to be an excuse for DTG, but sometimes I have the feeling that there are only two camps left: the camp of free testers who think everything is good, and then the everything-is-crap camp who deny every little mistake announce non-purchase.

For example, I don't like that the sound of the n-cars is so bad, quiet and meaningless, but they are still fun. The performance of the track is also bad, it's a "stutter-proof" and quite FPS-heavy in Bremen because of the many AI. But it's still nice to finally see the old BR110 in TSW.

Of course you can criticize DTG that they should take more care of existing routes and they have to do that, if they want to stay on the market. For my part, I'm happy that DTG continues to take care of the German routes and vehicles. But: A little more quality would be desirable.

20221207171443_1.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  26. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

Is this a modified screenshot?
    No sure because when i do a screenshot so its without all the motion blur effect..... this surprise me little bit.
    Also the shading seems to be fine on your side and its not so light oversaturated...hmmmm

27. traindori

No, this is a normal screenshot. The image is not edited. I have motion blur turned on.

28. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

This is absolutely what I think about this DLC, too. Thank you very much! May I ask if you a bothered by the sound of n-waggons itself or of the KaKo? I love the sound of the KaKo, I think it’s loud and it’s some kinda insane! But I must admit that I‘ve never traveled ingame as a passenger in the n-waggons so far, so I don’t know how they sound while moving. But I really like the sound of the doors between the Waggons closing. This sqeeching sound of the door rubbers reminds me of my youth when I was travelling a lot in those original „Silberlingen“ with the red skai seats.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Can’t deny,I was really disappointed on release day. It was a route I was excited for and I really think it was a bad release. Matt even said as much on the roadmap stream. Combine that with a close to 30% price increase in my country, and the Gamepass discount not turning up for a couple of days. It really ruined the excitement for me.

However credit to DTG for getting a lot of fixes out quite quickly. I’m still waiting until the fixes come out on console and to get people’s feedback, particularly on the safety systems.

Having a bit of a TSW break for an couple of weeks after a frustrating period where all the things I wanted to play kept hitting bugs, but All being well with the fixes, I’ll pick it up soon. I think the route looks really nice and I’m really interested to drive the train and cab car.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Yes, now with the fixes the Route is worth it in my opinion, the 110 and n wagen are just too great to be let down by the poor release.
    Now its really great driving them, especially on other routes. RSN with n wagen is an absolute Dream :love:

But i also thing the n wagen are a bit too quiet in general, especially the doors are not as slammy as the real Thing.

• Like Like x 2
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The fixes and the-cab car (just try it @ night, no-HUD) itself are worth the new (over)price but still.
    This is an old-school submerge for real.

The problem is probably the price. The rolling stock itself is so cool eg. Meissen runs with the 110 are so nice addition etc. so...
    This should be just the loco-pack alone perhaps. The route is nice but a little boring as a game-play.

After these 2 patches: I recommend. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  32. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Credit where credit's due. I wasn't expecting this swift fixes to the route...
    So I've bought the DLC, and after the first journey scenario I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Does the N wagen and and the 110 substitute onto other routes?

34. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Only the 110 on some German routes (don't know which ones). However the doors can't be opened by moving the switch cuz in real life the couplings are different so this loco wouldn't work with a dosto. But TSG made it so that you can still use a dosto You have to use the dispatch menu or the shortcut keys on the keyboard

• Like Like x 2
  35. traindori

The sound is generally much too quiet and many sounds also sounds generic and not like n-Wagen. The "KaKo" has gotten a little bit better in that regard after the last updates. But especially in the interior (passenger view) and in the exterior view, it's all still too "tame" for me. The red n-Wagen are basically nothing more than slightly modernized "Silberlinge". They should sound similar.

36. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

I have the feeling that the sound in the n-Wagen seems to be quite hardware dependend, as for me they sound very much like I know them, but for others obviously not.

• Like Like x 1
  37. breblimator

breblimator Guest

With a good headphones involved, the new train set sounds phenomenal in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  38. traindori

[​IMG]

These reviews do not reflect reality at all.
    And it's unfair to the beautiful DLC!

• Like Like x 4
  39. noir

noir Well-Known Member

This is exactly what DTG has asked for to happen. They develop a beautiful product and release it super buggy. They will fix the bugs in short time, but the negative reviews will be there forever and much less people will buy it overall than if they released the product tested.

After this happens couple times, maybe, maybe, somebody in DTG will finally stop and think that releasing untested buggy products is perhaps not so brilliant idea.

• Like Like x 16
  40. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Can anyone who has this route for PlayStation say if the patch has been released yet?

41. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Nothing yet for PS4. Just checked

• Like Like x 1
  42. Winzarten

I also think the sound set is quite good, and once the traction fan turn on, this thing is loud (as it should be).
    My only wish is for the tap changer to be more audible in cab, as these things are quite loud, and are part of the spirit of these locos. I.e. this is from Czech 130 locomotive, which uses similar system. Very audible at 26:35

I would be suprised if older DB BR 110 would have better cab sound isolation, especially considering how well you can hear other things in TSW.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

The W29t is not really audible from the cab at all. What you mean are the older versions with N28h tap changer. These things were quite loud. But the loco we have build is a +399 (E10.3) and these are only using W29t tap changers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. Winzarten

Cool, thanks for the correction :)

45. Felixsch

Felixsch New Member

You also find a typo in the cab of the KaKo… The „Befehl 40“ indicator light shows „Befhel 40“. Due to this the n-Wagen shows next to „DB Regio AG Baden-Württemberg“ also „Regionalverkehr Würettemberg“…

• Like Like x 2
  46. OldVern

After watching a couple of YT clips decided to give this a go. Still think £30 is a bit much for the short route but I'm a sucker for old electric locos plus the N-wagons do look nicely done.

• Like Like x 4
  47. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I hope this route gets a little renaissance in the new year with much more talk and videos about it! Seems to have gone a bit under the radar in the pre-Christmas chaos despite being in a pretty good state after the rapid patches with tons of fixes.

One little thing I’ve noticed in a British Ace video: Some of the text in the interior passenger information displays of the BR 425 is English, not German! Thought I’d mention it :D

Will definitely get this once it’s on sale, the n-Wagen and loco both just look so unique and fun.

• Like Like x 4
  48. OldVern

This is actually the first cab car I've enjoyed driving in TSW. It rattles and rolls along with a fair bit of noise, unlike the Dosto 766's which sound as if they are floating not travelling on steel rails. You also have to be very careful with the power application as you can only run up, not go through each notch as on the loco.

110 - verdict out on that at the moment. Looks and sounds good but seems a tad overpowered. With a top speed of 140 km/h I would have expected acceleration to tail off at the upper end of the curve but it was still accelerating like a bullet. Braking with the consist is also strange - from the loco the brakes are really too strong, 40% which I guess equates to Step 2 of service really puts the anchors in. Converesly driving from the control car I was hitting 60 or 80% to seemingly get the same braking effort - which TBH seemed the more realistic of the two.

The route itself is... nice, but as already said way too short. I was just getting into the drive when up pops next station "Oldenburg", really left me thinking, "Is that it?"

So initial impressions are, not bad. If I had to give a rating I would say route 6/10, 110 7/10 and the N-wagons 9/10. The layers from other routes kind of make things up a little bit. Is it worth £30 though? Hell no, not really but having bought it I will be keeping it.

• Like Like x 2
  49. OldVern

Another oddity... In the third Journey scenario, driving from the cab car the MPS is shown as 160 km/h. However previously on a timetable run in both the 110 and the cab car, the loco/stock limit was shown as 140 km/h. However this bore out my physics observation above, the train effortlessly accelerated to 160 km/h and actually went over. No tail off of power, no overspeed trip kicking in...

Oh and I recorded my first save game fail for a while on this route. Drove out from Bremen with a 110. Returned to free roam at Oldenburg then changed ends to start the return trip. Saved at Hede on the return and on loading the game, the old chestnut of the schedule and objective data failing to appear on the top left reared its head again.

50. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I be having this on ever second savegame sadly. Regardless of route.

I also think the route is really short but on the other hand the stock makes up for it (especially now that *most* bugs are fixed and the other layers really add in a nice amount of traffic.

I wish we could've gotten a branch for the BR425's line to do end to end services with that...
    Other than that I really like it and the patches the next days following release really made things much more acceptable.

• Like Like x 2