British Routes/trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kerntiff101, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Kerntiff101

Kerntiff101 New Member

Hi DTG,
    Why is there been not any new British content released for a while? There seems to be a lot of German and American content being realesed lately. Please how about some more British stuff. Thanks.

Would also be good to see JT Newcastle To Edinburgh on Steam to provide for some exellent workshop content.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

North wales route released as a DLC last week or the week before? Unfortunately that DOES count as new content for those who never bought TS2018

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Portsmouth Direct Line: London Waterloo - Portsmouth Route was the last Add on.
    DTG might have been busy with the release of TS2019 as the other recent routes are from Partner Programs

Peter

4. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Based on guesswork I should add, but I'll be very surprised if they didn't have something exciting in the run up to Christmas. I agree that it's gone quiet on the British side North Wales was a reissue of course and a year old.

I do wonder whether there was something Thameslink or Overground related in the can and real-world delays have scuppered a release. An updated Azuma would be nice, we probably would have had one if Virgin kept the franchise as DTG had an agreement with them.

5. Vanhalen1

Vanhalen1 Member

I agree DTG seem very tight lipped at the moment regarding UK routes on TS2019.

6. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

On DTG being tight lipped I’m not sure that many of the new releases are from DTG themselves, but from other developers; correct me I’m wrong.

Add to that Just Trains generally also going quiet and not releasing their older routes into Steam, marketed by DTG, and I think that’s why we’ve got this drought. On JT I did wonder whether the last portion of Western Mainlines wasn’t forthcoming as they’d spent so much time trying to shoe horn the last piece under the 32gb constraint and now found that with 64 bit so much work wasn’t needed. Notably the last released piece, South Devon, seemed a little sparse when 32 bit was the only game in town.

It does raise the question of whether or not DTG is really focused on TS2019 output and without other UK partners supplying them with ammunition just how much new UK content we’re going to see going forward.

7. Wivenswold

DTG rarely give out clues until a route is built and ready for release. While I prefer JT's approach it does lead to them getting angry comments about people's lives that have been ruined by delays in the development of a particular DLC. So I can understand why DTG keep their cards close to their chests.

As a fan of OHL line services, I've got to admit that there's not been anything UK based from DTG that's excited me for a long, long time, even an update to one of the existing AC routes north of the Thames would be good. Obviously they can't cater for me alone though, so I have to be patient.

8. captainfraya

captainfraya New Member

I recently got TS2019 as a gift from a friend and I'm loving what i've seen. I personally would like some more south coast routes, Charring Cross to Hastings.. or Canon Street to Hastings, Also London to Dover via Bromley South. Or as Brighton is in the game perhaps Brighton to Hastings Via Eastbourne? an extention of that could be up to London Victoria from Eastbourne via Gatwick Airport. Just some thoughts given the large Selection of NSE, Southern and Southeastern EMUs and DMUs in the store.

9. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wivenswold

The Back-dated sim Tonbridge to Hastings is excellent. It would be lovely to continue that drive into London.

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything on the North Kent Lines other than what's on the Chatham Main Line and Brighton Main Line, which isn't much, so anything running through Dartford, Woolwich, Lewisham etc isn't in game. Shame as that means no Charring Cross, Blackfriars, Cannon Street...
    I guess it's all boring networkers and electrostars until we get a 700 in game from somewhere (when a Thameslink run from Luton via Blackfriars, Greenwich, Dartford and onto Rainham becomes a decent two hour plus semi-fast scenario)

12. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Charing Cross-Woolwich-Dartford would be good. With some 4 SUBs would be even better,

• Like Like x 2