PC When Will We Get Pantograph Arcing?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Dec 9, 2022.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As the title states, is there any timeframe as to when we’ll get pantograph arcing on trains in TSW?

I’ve seen sparks from the third rail shoes, however I think I’ve only ever seen arcing on pantographs very infrequently, on only a few selected trains.

Right now in the UK, it is very cold, with frosty mornings and evening, resulting in a lot of arcing from the pantograph of trains. A recent video of it in action can be found here (Twitter link)

One new train it’s missing from in particular is the Class 323. I heard it was supposed to be fixed post release however I don’t think I’ve heard any information regarding this since?

Screenshot from said video:
    8FFFDF79-DF3F-4A5E-A953-A64A18E126D9.jpeg

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The class 323 is still being looked at. I have found pantograph arcing on other locomotives, don't know which ones since I don't play every route. But they should be more frequent during bad weather.

3. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

There was a programme on C5 (UK) yesterday (Thursday) showing a rail journey from Helsinki to Kemijärvi in Lapland during winter. Arcing was pretty much continuous in some of the external shots. (Also available on catch-up)

4. I've noticed it on the new German route, bremen something or other. Isn't the 323 got something to do with the pantograph being a dummy or something?

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's cuz the middle carriage is like unpowered or something. Matt replied to another thread that goes into more detail.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I have never seen arcing on AI trains, only on the player train, wich is kind of pointless...

• Like Like x 5
  7. londonmidland

Exactly. Most of the time I’m going to be in the cab, looking at other AI trains, so what’s the point if they only add it to the player train, as most people won’t even be able to see it whilst driving?

• Like Like x 4
  8. londonmidland

9. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Well. LM, they are visible at night when driving as light flashes.

10. londonmidland

On what routes and trains?

11. londonmidland

We need something like this in TSW 3.

12. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Yes, especially in the winter and icy conditions, instead of the occasional spark, there should be constant sparking on the pantograph. I see (and hear!) it now every morning on my train, the point where the panto touches the ohle is a constant white and blue flickering point, called ,,Bügelfeuer" (pantograph fire) in german.
    Winter is the time where you can see and hear electricity, at least on the railway.

• Like Like x 1