PC Boston Sprinter Layers

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phil.elliott, Dec 11, 2022.

1. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I've just finished up all of the Boston Sprinter (North-East Corridor) services and I've completed 181 of them - 78 each for the F40PH and Cab Car, and then 25 for the ACS-64. All journeys, scenarios and training modules also completed.

But according to the UI there are 186 services in total. I wondered if there were 5 services from another layer that I'm not seeing?

If anybody knows, I'd appreciate hearing :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Dont know about layers and these 5 services but I can add to this that SPG is for scenery trains there :)

3. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I remember there being something about some of the balloon loop services not appearing in the timetable, but if you spawn on foot they are playable. I think there is a list of them on the forums somewhere.

Also the fact that you have completed ALL services on a route is amazing! Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  4. phil.elliott

Okay, thanks - for the sake of the final five services I'll search around and see if I can find them!

Thanks! I completed Clinchfield apart from one service affected by the AI red light issue, and Boston Sprinter was next. Now it's time to jump into BCC!

5. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Are you taking into account the AI trains that head out the B&A at Back Bay station.

6. phil.elliott

According to the UI they are playable services, it's just that of the available locos which have all services completed, there are still five I should be able to complete. So if I look at the route under timetable, it says 181/186; if I go into timetable and select each available loco, I have 78/78, 78/78 and 25/25.

7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

As previously mentioned it is probably those Amtrak balloon loop services. I remember these being talked about being added to the services UI "very shortly"...I'm surprised they are still missing

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I can't find the post where they listed all the missing services - maybe I imagined it...

• Like Like x 1
  9. phil.elliott

Thanks, I've posted in the Technical Reports forum in case anybody there sees it and knows.

10. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the extra five are balloon loop services or not, certainly these services did eventually appear in the timetable, but I believe it was more of an accidental release as part of another update. This is why they sometimes display unusual start times and/or run times. So, if there are even more of these services that are playable but also "hidden," as it were, I would not be surprised.

However, in general I have found that the number of services displayed for a route seldom matches up to what you get from adding the individual loco services together. Whether that is from DLC layers that you don't have, or just another vagary of TSW, who can say? Of course, in the case of NEC-BP, there are no other routes that add playable services. Sometimes I wonder if the number of scenarios is somehow included in the final tally, although this usually doesn't make the numbers square either. Another one of the myriad TSW mysteries!

11. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

They might be services that go around the wet/dry loop like others are saying. I can't think of anything else it could be off the top of my head.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Those are, I am willing to bet, Acela services which were built into the timetable in anticipation of the DLC.

I don't think it's the balloon reversals, because, as mentioned above, those services ARE in the timetable.

13. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

I added the Acela services in 2019 when I made the route. They've been in a dormant layer in the timetable ever since.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. phil.elliott

Are the 5 remaining services in that dormant layer then? If so, my mind will be at rest!

15. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

There are more than 5 off the top if my head but i cant check right now

• Like Like x 2