Simrail 2021 Vs Tsw2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arapajoe3, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

I've deleted the playtest. I'll know when it's worth going back into because I'll see evidence that it's going well, I think - for all the assurances we've had from satisfied players there's a surprising lack of footage and screenshots, certainly less than you'd expect for an anticipated game!

• Like Like x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is free beta not full release.
    This is about testing :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rybnicki

Is it? Why is there no reporting system then? Very odd way to test.

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The reporting system is on the official forum but you refuse to register there :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I have listed the issues I've been having on the forum but not had any response from the devs, who are there but seem to be very selective about what they answer.

I also had considerable grief from another member when I suggested the HUD needs some sort of brake lever position indicator or at least a quick tickertape message like we get in TSW to state where the lever is. The lack of a lap position for the brake on the EU07 which means you have a choice of minimal reduction or full service has also been ignored. We can do without another sim where fanboisism blinds objectivity.

I have to agree with Rybnicki on reflection this seems to have been a bit rushed to get the beta out - a public playtest by definition should be pretty much one step away from the gold version but this seems far from it. I'm going to have one more attempt to get playing this evening but then I too will be uninstalling and awaiting further developments.

• Like Like x 2
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Black Hole Zawiercie :D // I went back to BRO for a while to breathe \o/
    Give her a chance, Vern (BR 110)!

PS...

So totally serious. The concept of taking over the scheduled AI train, but correctly implemented (today it works in TSW!), for multiplayer? Oh my... Departing Katowice with real trains here and there, with real dispatchers. Heaven! Until recently, I thought TSW didn't need MP. On the day of the premiere of the SR tests, I changed my mind. Volumetric clouds... dynamic weather... eons... MP. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

I've been having some good runs today on the English server, great to see other players in game, really adds an extra dimension to train simming with the unpredicability aspect. Had some red light issues earlier on, but later on seems to have cleared. I'm sure the devs are on it.

Massive potential in this sim with MP, yes there are some issues, but the future is looking great for this sim. But I understand peoples frustrations with not being able to play, must be annoying (just as annoying as watching England play tonight, as an England fan of course...)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rybnicki

An actual playtest doesn't involve needing to register on a forum and make posts, it involves bug reports submitted in a proforma with specific information provided. This is a glorified demo with a forum attached, and the lack of honesty from the devs over that is a worry, paint it how you like.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rybnicki

Honestly I was so ready to be a fanboy here. I come from Silesia so this route was everything I'd been hoping would appear on an existing platform. I really hope the single player is up to scratch - I'd honestly pay 35 euro for a sim that let me drive from Kato to Warsaw in single player, with 3 different locos. If they can deliver that, I'll buy it regardless of the shoddy multiplayer. This mess of a 'playtest' just leaves me less confident they can make that happen, though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Mniej płakać. Pozdro z Silesia o7

11. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

Yesterday I had a great run near Lazy.
    Real dispatcher routed my freight train on the slower, less used track to avoid stopping, while from the opposite side player driven train greeted me with horn. Few moments later some passanger train overtook me with greetings as well. At the end, dispatcher set me back on normal track. All of it with nice chatter on radio. Absolutely loving experience :)

• Like Like x 6
  12. OldVern

It's just strange that some are having a really great time while others, like me, can't even get on the game. The multiplayer does sound as if they have found a sweet spot... if you can get up and running.

As it happens I didn't get another chance to try late yesterday evening but I will give it another go today.

However I do share the view expressed above that for a play test, or open beta, there seemed a lack of structure. Compared to other tests I've been involved with over the years where you had to report your hardware and software environment then had a list of specific tasks to try, before indulging in free play.

13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My experience is like this one. I am playing now with zero issues. Really strange, hope your problems will be solved by devs, guys \o/

// PS...

AI dispatcher is very competent as long as the players do not mess up things :) There is a discussion on the official com channels on how to handle this. Kick-voting / Scoring / AI tips on the screen / and more. Playing an empty or low-occupied server gives the certainty, single-player AI dispatching is ready to release. I was re-routed by AI if necessary and I made it to the target many times already. Some graphical glitches, and scoring issues, yeah, they are all there. But I don't have troubles with servers or driving itself.

The last update improved things. One of the improvements was made after my suggestion or it was just a coincidence, but... :D

Hope all this related to SR will bring MP to TSW one day \o/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

You already have an account here to give DTG feedback, but you don't want to spend three seconds making an account on their forum after signing up for the playtest? Use your Steam account to log in. In the SimRail menu you have a big blue button where it says "Playtest Survey"..
    If you don't want to do this, I don't understand why you signed up to be a tester of the game.

They are maybe making a sim that finally can replace TSC and give us the tools we need to create content, something we never got in TSW. So spending time to help them with feedback is important.

For obvious reasons they can't communicate with everyone. But it doesn't mean they don't read the information given by the community and testers on the forum and Discord-server. Compared to DTG they are a small team.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. fakenham

Would eventually like to see some UK stuff with this, imagine flying up and down the WCML in MP with human signallers.
    With the editor, this could become reality....although not that soon!

• Like Like x 3
  16. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

more whine plz

17. fakenham

That's a good vid from Snauza (above) for anyone starting out.
    I've got a feeling these guys are going to have a lot of money coming their way when this releases and fair play to them. I'm sure we'll get lots of content as well (German route in the making?), with the editor being available.

Editor and MP, massive selling points, how long have we been nudging DTG for this?!

• Like Like x 4
  18. OldVern

Well decided to have one more go and after a couple of initial failed attempts was able to do a run on the EN07 then EN02 (US) server.

Not bad but the optimisation is terrible even with the relatively short draw distances. The EU07 is a bit of a beast to master, very easy to blow out the MCB plus you also have to manipulate the shunt regulator. MP was kind of fun but, as I've said before about Run 8, more in a chat room type of way.

19. Rybnicki

I see the community for SimRail is definitely one worth joining - "cry more" fanboys in full effect! I'm sorry this product has crap customer service, but unless you've made it yourselves there's really no need to take criticism of it to heart!

20. Rybnicki

Tell me you've never collected bug reports in a way that you can use without etc

21. Now SimRail has my attention. The graphics are still a bit TSC like but Mp is something I look forward to.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Oystein

It has PBR, in my opinion the only thing that TS is missing..
    But on max setting its not that bad, shadows, daylight and nighttime environment looks so much better than in TSW. Draw distance is short, but ok for this type of landscape.

The thing I like the most with MP is that it is totally unpredictable, you never know what will happen next :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. OldVern

I am wondering if the pausing and judder is due to the server load in MP. Will be interesting to see how it runs in SP mode.

The other thing about the graphics is that they seem over bright, nearly as bad as the unmodded eye adaptation on the TSW3 routes. Will need to look if there's an option to reduce brightness or gamma.

Also has anyone driven at night yet?

24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I use ReShade for SR >> Home (reshade.me)
    Install with default effects packs and choose "fakeHDR" when in-game.
    I hope you will be satisfied :)

Nights in SR are a little too bright and too psychedelic to me, you have to judge by yourself :)

25. OldVern

I like brighter nights... :)

Anyway latest session, 3 minutes driving, 40 mins sat at red signal at Lazy, AI signaller definitely needs work.

• Like Like x 1
  26. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

That signaller in Lazy was human one... completely lost... was waiting there too for 30 mins :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I joined the playtest, was immediately thrown into a live game with no idea what to do, got a penalty brake application after 5 seconds, and promptly quit.

I'll give it another shot when there's single player available.

28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Spacebar is to confirm / the alerter key.
    Further is much harder :)

29. OldVern

You can disable the vigilance/alerter in settings.

If it was a human signaller at Lazy I feel sorry for them but this is one of the challenges of running a MP game. A bit like Vatsim having a rookie controller on duty at Heathrow or JFK. Perhaps the signalling needs a degree of automation, ARS with the signaller only intervening if necessary. Something for DTG to heed if they consider adding MP to TSW or TSC.

Still I did enjoy the chat and trying to work out who was passing my stationery train!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

Which server do you guys play usually? Since yesterday I am trying myself as a dispatcher on smaller post, maybe I will see you around ;)

• Like Like x 1
  31. fakenham

Mostly the English and German servers. The English for beginners was running good this morning, had about 30 mins of a run, but then got held at signal N exiting Lazy, not sure if this is the end of the playarea or line blocked (auto signal?).
    Need to teach myself Polish signage/signals I think, instead of cheating using the HUD! The speed signs are quite small to read though..

32. OldVern

EN02 or EN06. I'm assuming the Polish and German servers will not be so English language friendly.

33. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me on the "drivers only" server, so I assume the AI Lazy is not the sharpest tool in the shed either

34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Zawiercie welcome to :D

35. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Thanks- i downloaded the prologue again for some practice, so i might jump back into the playtest and give it another shot.

Is vigilance the only safety system enabled by default?

• Like Like x 1
  36. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I think so. I haven't seen any other.

• Like Like x 1
  37. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There are 2 systems for what I know. In some cases you need to press spacebar twice so better to double tap every time the red light is on.

EDIT PL version
    https://www.transportszynowy.pl/Kolej/zabezpshp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  38. OldVern

Just had a quick go at signaller mode, actually quite good and I've picked up the basics working one of the smaller signalboxes.

Definitely an area DTG could investigate for possible TSW MP later on.

• Like Like x 6
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yeah, nice to watch our by hand managed trains outside the window.

• Like Like x 3
  40. OldVern

Yes kept running out of the signal box to watch the trains go by!

I tried a slightly more complex box, Psary, later on but couldn't quite work out how to operate the slot or a acceptance for the single line branch.

• Like Like x 1
  41. fakenham

Good to see fellow forum members in the sim - it looks as if Bescot had to wait for me in a goods loop, but I was on time, just!
    Then later on had a trespasser who fortunately decided to stay off the tracks as I was passing at 120kph (I think it was a dispatcher who just wanted to trainspot their good work in signalling us all through).

Noob question, how do we know which radio station to select? Had a lot of penalties today saying that I'm tuned into the wrong station. Never had that until today.

42. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Scoring was planed as sp only feature only and will be removed from mp probably, in most part. Radio channels thing will be sorted to be intuitive too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

Look for R1 and R2 under each post

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

Personally I really enjoy SimRail especially because of the multiplayer mode and the dispatcher. There are a couple of bugs in the game but there was an update today and it's only a test version and we haven't even seen half of the route yet. Most dispatcher bugs are caused by the players because they can't handle it properly but now it is solved because we got a manual and there are good videos on youtube. Not to mention that you can now open the timetable in a web browser. You can simply put your phone in front of the screen and see the timetable this is my favourite feature.:love:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  45. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Which section of WCML are you referring to the combined North and Shap Preston Carslile Glasgow or WCML South Euston to Birmingham New Street? For a German Route, I would see this happening on the Combined HRR and HDU now called Hollandstrecke Duisburg/Bochum-Oberhausen Zevenaar Arnhem-Utrecht where player trains must take turns entering HRR from the Duisburg Utrecht line at Mulheim Styrum junction—followed by Hauptstrecke Bochum/Dortmund Utrecht where services must wait at Dortmund Hbf Witten and freight trains at Hagen Vorhalle.

46. OldVern

A comparison with SimRail route length would be Euston to Carlisle, or maybe Crewe to Glasgow Central.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

Look by whom I was lucky to be dispatched by in Dąbrowa Górnicza :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  48. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

love that

• Like Like x 1
  49. Oystein

No wonder why there is a complete mess tonight :D

Another update tonight btw, more AI dispatcher fixes and player list improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  50. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

DTG Matt and if he has the Team do Simrail style MP. The first route to test this is Bochum/Dortmund-Hagen due to the RBF Hagen Vorhalle and the Witten Interlocking. Followed by another route SFS Salzburg Wien OBB Westbahn same scenario as the Bochum/Dortmund Hagen Line but more complex due to the route having Vbf OBB terms for an SBB DB Rbf which are Wels Linz Wien Kledering and Salzburg Gnigl. In addition to the High-speed line sections.