Huddersfield Line Quick Drive Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by westcastlerail, Dec 6, 2022.

1. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Error 1: Error 1.jpg Manchester Victoria to Huddersfield Bay 2, I get a conflict error message and a constant red signal, so am unable to drive.

2. westcastlerail

Error 2 - Every time I approach Slaithwaite - i get the message below and quits the game. This is making to route undrivable. Please can anyone help or acknowledge the issues im having?

upload_2022-12-6_22-51-29.png

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Huddersfield Bay 2 is the Sheffield bay and there is no way to arrive there from any direction except Sheffield.
    You cannot even depart from there towards Manchester.

4. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

Consulting the 2D track plan helps (or am I being unkindly obvious).

5. westcastlerail

Not sure how the track plan helps with QD Routes that can or cannot be driven? (taken from the Huddersfield route manual)
    Route map.jpg

6. mindenjohn

You can use the track plan to check status of turnouts and track configuration thus checking the feasibility of a route. You can zoom into locations.

7. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Looking at the route manual won't help you with this particular issue. Mindenjohn explains that you need to be in the game and looking at the 2D map of this route and the area your train is currently at and you can see how the roads/tracks are set for you to navigate through with your train, have you done that before on other routes?

Those dump messages we all get from time to time.

Cheerz. Steve.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. westcastlerail

Thanks for the feedback, I usually only drive in Quickdrive and have never had to look at route maps before.

I have ATS, JT routes all that work correctly, and lots of other older routes downloaded from Steam with correct start and end points.

So in order to see if a route works for new release from DTG, it appears you have to buy it, download it, install it, then go into edit the QD scenarios to look at a route map to find out where to go, and then test it, all in under 2 hours from purchase or DTG and Steam can keep your money. (which they have done with mine)

Cannot help but think it would be better for DTG to follow other developers who release DLC, which is to test it to see if it works which they obviously dont.(see fault list below)

If they are going to release stuff that does not work, then DTG should at least have common decency to acknowledge issues or offer support by posting on forums like these, or at least offer refunds if they cant be bothered to fix it.

Below is the list of faults that DTG have supposedly corrected after release which from my experience with this route is pure lies. as the QD still does not work correctly.

- Added Localisation Fixes
    - Quick Drive fixes - issues with Huddersfield Bay Platform, and AI not going where it's supposed to.
    - Corrections to Class 158 Destinations in Scenarios
    - Added Felix and Bolt to Railfan, Quick Drive and one scenario.
    - Scenario 06 AI Collision Fixed
    - Updated Manual

Scenery Fixes - Various areas of Floating scenery all over the route, Minor scenery fixing all over the route, More fixes to Floating Clutter at various stations.

- Added Felix and Bolt as Scenario Only scenery. (Huddersfield Cats)
    - Added Silver Birch Trees around Mirfield
    - Fixed Issues with Super Elevation and jumps
    - Fixed issues with Cable troughs not ending correctly
    - Adding Missing disused footcrossing near Greenfield
    - Added Extra GMSR Signs to Leeds
    - Added Representation of Huddersfield Stadium
    - Fixed various distant terrain gaps
    - added Batley Signal Box and Diggle Junction Signal Box
    - fixed car stop marker clipping through lamp post at Ravensthorpe
    - lowered bushes near Marsden
    - fixed floating hedge near Greenfield
    - fixed floating fences at Huddersfield
    - fixed sign display issues at Huddersfield
    - fixed bushes close to track at Stalybridge
    - fixed floating posters at Stalybridge
    - fixed floating trees near Ardwick Junction
    - fixed floating foliage near Manchester Victoria
    - fixed clutter issues at Manchester Victoria
    - fixed occlusion issues near Manchester Victoria
    - Fixing holes in terrain
    - added invisible track to block Manchester Victoria P2 trains from opening the wrong side
    - Stray Cable Trough and Clocks over platform numbers at Huddersfield
    - Various fixes to holes in stations Huddersfield, Leeds, Manchester
    - Various improvements to the following stations: Deighton, Slaithwaite, Marsden, Greenfield, Mossley, Batley, Cottingley, Mirfield, Morley, Ravensthorpe
    - Updating Signal Scripts - UK Repeater

Other Scenery Improvements
    - improved Candle Tower at Leeds to be more accurate to real life
    - fixed floating assets at Leeds
    - added buildings to Holbeck Depot
    - removed jolts in track around Cottingley
    - fixed floating lamp post at Cottingley
    - fixed crossing alignment at Batley Signal Box
    - fixed grass through subway at Batley
    - fixed floating clutter at Batley
    - fixed floating clutter at Dewsbury
    - fixed occlusion clipping through track near Ravensthorpe
    - fixed bushes clipping through platform at Mirfield
    - added pedestrian underpass at Heaton Lodge Junction
    - extended track at Bradley Tunnel for AI purposes
    - added extra foliage to line through Bradley Tunnel
    - fixed floating station bridge at Deighton
    - fixed floating clutter at Huddersfield
    - improved clutter around the Mk1 Coach and Class 144 Coach
    - improved representation of the mill area at Huddersfield
    - fixed floating tunnel portal at Spring Wood Junction
    - added extra foliage to Penistone Line
    - fixed floating foliage at Slaithwaite
    - fixed floating cars at Slaithwaite
    - fixed floating house at Slaithwaite
    - added missing aqueduct near Marsden
    - improved the area by Marsden station
    - fixed floating roads at Marsden
    - fixed floating clutter at Marsden
    - fixed floating assets and foliage by the eastern portal of Standedge Tunnel
    - fixed floating banking near the eastern portal of Standedge Tunnel
    - fixed floating eastern portal of Standedge Tunnel
    - improved Standedge Tunnel occlusion
    - fixed two floating footbridges near Diggle Junction
    - fixed floating cable trough near Diggle Junction
    - fixed cable trough clipping bridge near Diggle Junction
    - improved the representation of Saddleworth disued station
    - fixed terrain poking through river near Saddleworth
    - fixed floating gorse on banking near Greenfield
    - fixed floating garage near Greenfield
    - fixed cable trough and ballast sticking through bridge near Greenfield
    - fixed z-fighting whistle sign near Greenfield
    - fixed floating foliage near Mossley
    - fixed floating houses near Mossley
    - fixed floating clutter at Mossley
    - fixed floating walls at Mossley
    - fixed missing ballast paint near Mossley
    - fixed floating signals SE 7056 and SE 7054 near Mossley
    - fixed misaligned junction boxes near Mossley
    - added track access point near Mossley
    - fixed floating foliage near Stalybridge
    - improved Stalybridge Tunnel occlusion
    - fixed ballast and foliage clipping through bridge at Stalybridge
    - fixed misaligned junction boxes at Stalybridge
    - fixed floating clutter at Stalybridge
    - fixed occlusion clipping through bridge near Stalybridge
    - fixed erroneous retaining wall and terrain at Ashton-under-Lyne
    - improved representation of Ikea near Ashton-under-Lyne
    - fixed signal MN 4317 and warning speed sign close to track near Ashton-under-Lyne
    - improved Berry Brow level crossing
    - fixed gap in bridge near Ardwick Junction
    - fixed terrain through track near Miles Platting
    - swapped MN 859 and MN 861 signal IDs so they're on the correct signal
    - added GSMR registration code signs at Manchester Victoria, Stalybridge, Huddersfield and Leeds
    - fixed unsunk cable trough ends across the route
    - fixed messy terrain across the route
    - fixed missing ballast paint across the route
    - fixed small gaps in fencing across the route
    - added missing lineside fencing across the route
    - Updated Mossley Station - Fixed Rocks
    - Gap in Huddersfield Wall Fixed (Station)
    - Missing Station asset fixed
    - Replaced 2 track viaduct with 4 track Viaduct
    - Fixes to Floating Track

With this many known faults the route is clearly not fit for purpose and in my opinion should be withdrawn from sale until the route and scenarios are in a usable state.

10. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The huddersfield Bay Platform wasn't to do with the issue mentioned in here... but was to do with the Leeds to Manchester direction, which is what was fixed (basically the player train went into the Bay Platform instead of straight on - which was fixed as were the AI issues (there was an AI train coming out of P6 blocking the passenger by going on the wrong side. - So the description was actually correct for the above.
    (to note it was tested, the AI issue above only appeared after release. )

So to claim "pure lies" is a bit of a stretch here. The Huddersfield Bay from Manchester wasn't mentioned, and was simply missed (no one mentioned it prior to this post), but equally while it should be removed, it doesn't break the other quick drives if you drive from Manchester to Leeds.

To note - it appears that the Manchester Victoria to Huddersfield Bay P2 was left in and forgotten about - so should have been removed, but the other quick drives should work fine however.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  11. westcastlerail

Thank you for posting back. We can get drawn into the ins and outs of works and doesnt work if you like? (I cant drive the route yet so cannot comment other that the faults other than the ones I have found above).

If an update log says Quickdrive issues are fixed and they are not, its either highly inefficient (to be kind) or a lie.

For me, the route, scenarios, and Quickdrive still does not work and is unplayable.

Its unreasonable that the only reason for not issuing a refund from both DTG and Steam is that I have played this DLC for more than 2 hours.

I have not driven for 2 hours, instead have been trying to sort faults outs, which judging by the list above, and your response that there are still known errors even today, then I am unlikely to resolve my end to get the DLC working correctly.

I would be grateful if you could please assist me on how best to get a refund from the company you represent, having exhausted the Steam and Paypal routes?

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm curious how it did that?
    It would have to pass thru the station over Springwood Jn on to the Penistone Line, Reverse, then back in to P2

13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

This bit confuses me, what exactly do you mean you have to go into edit mode to view the route map? Do you mean the 2D map? This is viewable by pressing 9 whilst in-game though, I'm not getting why you say you need to go into edit mode?

14. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

That is a fair point, and not everything will be perfect and I can only apologise that it doesn't work for you, however (aside from the P2 bay) it does seem to work for others. However, while I do work for DTG, it really isn't my place, you mentioned you've tried Steam or Paypal but I'd suggest sending a message to DTG JD or DTG Jamie. (I only make content for the game, but I believe the 2 hour thing is a steam thing not a DTG thing? )

Edit - I've been asked to point you to the direction of Support - to ask there? - Dovetail Support : Dovetail Support (freshdesk.com)

Because you are thinking of P2, I was talking about P6 :) (the quick drive from Leeds to Manchester, not Manchester to Huddersfield P2 :) ). The routing to P2 was accidentally left in, but aside from that doesn't seem to affect anything else. .

15. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

If you've exhausted the Steam and Paypal refund routes then there's probably not much more to be done.

But I am very surprised that you are finding it completely unplayable, when other users aren't and some like it a lot.

16. westcastlerail

According to menus in TS you can!

Attached Files:

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I know the menu says you can but it is wrong
    See post #14 above

18. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

westcastlerail wrote:
    Quick Drive fixes - issues with Huddersfield Bay Platform, and AI not going where it's supposed to.

It's possible that, for some reason, you haven't actually got the update. Have you tried unticking and ticking the route in steam?

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I got the route after the updates mentioned were applied and the QD to or from Bay 2 at Huddersfield is still there.

But it is not a problem - just ignore it and use 1, 4 or 8 - depending on the direction.

20. westcastlerail

Never had cause to use the route map when driving. Only time I have seen the route map is when editing scenarios in the editor.

But you are quite right - you can see a route map by pressing F9 when driving - I have learnt something new today!

Not sure how the 2D Maps helps my issue of not being able to move in Quickdrive, as the map does not show the player driver route when stuck at Manchester. It does however show some AI sitting in the bay platform (that you cannot drive too!) in Huddersfield!

Attached Files:

21. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

I think I'm getting mixed up. On the original release you couldn't quickdrive from Leeds to Manchester because your train terminated in a bay platform at Huddersfield. After the update you could go all the way in either direction.
    If I wanted to drive from Manchester Victoria to Huddersfield (slow), I would set quickdrive to drive from Manchester to Leeds (slow) and then just stop at Huddersfield. I wouldn't be concerned about which platform I arrived in.

22. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The bug you mentioned was the one fixed (Leeds to Manchester went into Huddersfield P6 bay) - before this post no one had mentioned Manchester to Huddersfield P2 bay - I think the best option until there is an update is to just ignore that option, and go for others.

(The option has been removed now - but I don't know if that will be released in a patch anytime soon, as bugs go it's not really a game breaking one - yes for that one option, but for the entire route it's not. Also to note that part isn't up to me, but equally Manchester to Leeds quick drive options should still work, as should Manchester to Huddersfield, just ignore the P2 option)

• Like Like x 1
  23. mindenjohn

Let he/she who has never made a mistake cast the first stone and stop moaning.

• Like Like x 2
  24. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Have sent this through, thank you for the feedback will let you know on any updates.

25. westcastlerail

Firstly:
    I saw on another thread on another issue, about trying to resolve issues in TSC by using Steam by trying in offline mode.

I have tried the Huddersfield Line route around Slaithwaite with Steam offline, and the Temp Dump issue that causes the game to crash does not occur at Slaithwaite. (based on the couple of times I have tried today)

Attached are 2 grabs of my CPU / Memory usage in the area where I get the Temp Dumps errors and subsequent crashes.

I'm no computer expert, but the online mode, CPU looks fair less stable than the offline, and memory usage is 10% higher online,
    So could it be possible TSC is trying to find or do something online in the Slaithwaite area?

Secondly:
    Below is how DTG define a temp dump error in there common faults section:
    Failed to save dump file to or Saved dump file to (dump file location), Railworks.exe has stopped working
    All of these messages occur when Train Simulator encounters an "error" which causes it to close

Looking at the station marker for Slaithwaite (picture attached), TSC is still trying to route to Platform 2 Bay at Huddersfield which I think has been confirmed by Atomic Danny from DTG (and others) is an known "error", and is not possible to reach.

Possible Conclusion:
    Could it be that the "error" in routing at Slaithwaite, along with TSC increased online CPU/Memory usage is causing the Temp Dump message, which is making this route unusable for me?

Attached Files:

26. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

The issue with Huddersfield Bay 2 as Danny has said above this option has been updated but will go out when a patch is released for the route.

27. bulletpunch98

bulletpunch98 New Member

I also appear to be having the same issue with the game crashing whenever I approach Slaithwaite, But strangely enough, Its only when I am heading towards Leeds. It works perfectly fine going towards Manchester. Unfortunately, this makes a number of scenarios just completely unplayable for me. I've uploaded my Logmate file here:

Attached Files:

28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is a procedure for reporting problems to DTG
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/reporting-a-technical-issue.31193/
    DTG are unlikely to look at random logfiles posted in multiple threads

29. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Sorry I've a lot of catching up to do after not having much of a chance to use TS the last year - maybe I'm being dense, but where can you get this route? I had a look on the Steam Store, but don't see any route entitled 'Huddersfield Line: Manchester - Leeds':

https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/24010/Train_Simulator_Classic/list/43437

ETA: Found it through a Google search - not sure why it's not listed in Steam's UK Routes page with all the other routes?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...dersfield_Line_Manchester__Leeds_Route_AddOn/

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  30. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  31. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Thanks, Danny, I found it using a Google search. DTG might want to check why it's not appearing on the Steam Store UK Routes list page - you could be missing out on a fair number of sales because people don't see it there!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  32. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

33. westcastlerail

Nothing has been fixed for me on Huddersfield lines Quick Drive Slaitwaite issue that crashes my system,

Even with the latest update the route is still unusable for me

Error message has now updated to read Fatal error in mode DRIVE during update with SCRIPT MANAGER Latest error.jpg

34. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So are you using 32bit or 64bit?
    And why not move them game off the C:\ Drive?

35. westcastlerail

The latest update apparently was supposed to fix 900 of the warnings but unfortunately the last 3 updates still has not fixed the error issue above with the Leeds Huddersfield line.

Have waited patiently for 10 months now (see DTG Jamies post of 6th Jan in thread above) for a fix to stop this route crashing my PC at Slaithwaite - I would be grateful if someone at DTG would have the courtesy to advise when this route will be updated and fixed?

36. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How are DTG supposed to fix problem that only seems to occur on your computer?

37. westcastlerail

May I point you in direction of post 27 of this thread (plus the reviews on steam and other threads on this forum) that shows it is just not an issue on my machine!

DTG Jamie posted on Dec 22 that he would report back - but still nothing. (and yes support ticket was submitted).

I would be grateful if this thread was not derailed by irrelevant comments, and would rather concentrate on get some long overdue help / stability fix for this long running issue!

38. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Nothing is irrelevant - in fact users reporting that the route works for them is actually helpful.
    I've played the route a lot, all scenarios and quick drives, and didn't experience any crashes.

1. Maybe you have corrupt files. Do a full verification through Steam to make sure all files are intact.
    2. Give a scenario that crashes for us to reproduce, providing exact data.

- Consist used
    - Start and Destination selected
    - Time
    - where crash occurs (time or map location)

• Like Like x 1
  39. westcastlerail

1) I have no corrupt files - yes I did a full verification through Steam (and it is happening to other people!)
    2) Its Quickdrive, and any Eastbound scenarios
    - All Consists
    - All time dates / weathers / seasons - Any eastbound destination
    - Manchester to Leeds East bound, upon leaving Marsden towards Huddersfield, about a 0.8 miles from Slaithwaite as approach the bridge prior to the station.

All of which was included in the support ticket to DTG and information contained in this thread!

40. Spikee1975

So I've played an eastbound QD, full 158 run from Manchester to Leeds successfully and there is no problem at all with the route, it must be something on your end.

I remember 749006 having QD crashes on GEML, after some testing we found that these crashes were due to a faulty 3rd party repaint he had installed - but not the route itself.

So there's nothing DTG can do. The route is fine.

2023-11-20 19_40_34-Train Simulator (x64).png

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  41. westcastlerail

As I stated, the game crash happens 0.8 miles from Slaithwaite station - not directly in front of the platform as per your screenshot.
    Please read what people are posting before you give your rather rude and unrequested verdict which has now derailed this thread (which increasingly is a problem on this forum)
    Just because it works fine on your PC, does not mean that others are not experiencing issues.
    As others are experiencing this same issue in the same location, it is not an issue with my PC.

DTG said in this thread they was going to provide a fix / patch for the Leeds Huddersfield DLC that still has not yet been sent out to my knowledge.
    I was ideally looking for an update on this issue from DTG after last weeks major game update has still not yet fixed the issue.

42. Spikee1975

Rude? I was testing and giving my reply. Deal with it if you decide to create a discussion thread.

There is no crash at Slaithwaite, and if there should be for you only and not the vast majority of players, then it is on your end, whether you like it or not. Case closed.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

[EDIT - Jan - Antagonistic]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  44. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have tried another Quick Drive from MCV to HUD and Iam unable to replicate the problem at Slaithwaite
    Can you try a QD from Manchester to Huddersfield with anything other than a 158 and with the Player Train Only ticked?

That should say if the fault is the unit or the route.

45. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

Didn´t get an TempDump too. Normal drive without problem.
    Post Above seems a good idea to sort out possible causes :
    - try a QD without KI. If it works the chance is high that some of the KI trains causes the dump (could be anywhere on route if it spawns at this time. Is it at every try at same time? Or can the TempDump be bypassed by starting some minutes later?)
    If it not works:
    - reinstall the route if not already tried.=> tick out in steam, delete manually that Huddersfield route in explorer (its named "00000105 ....."), den re-tick the route in steam an let download/install. Then new try. Problem solved or not?

Generelly I must say, this route has really worst/strange QDs in making, already at this today state. Had reinstalled that route today (with complete deleting that folder) because some weird phenomena appears still within. There are startpoints that not appear in my menu because something was not ticked in the flyout. In past other things was ticked in but hasn´t to be ticked so you came in wrong places.
    And actually I have a menu entry that shouldn´t exist. Searched all QD-scenarios and starting points but that special thing seems didn´t exist.(a Manchester stump track). If selecting the destination to Leeds as slow, I´m starting on the correct track (even if theres no starting point for a player train; at least I can´t find it). If selecting destination to Leeds as fast, he puts me on another track and my destination is shown with Huddersfield, wich can´t be.
    I have already created several QD´s on several routes. I had in past only two other routes with strange things happening; Peterborough -York Modern by CreativeRail (waypoints that couldn´t be found, although lying on the way direct in front of train) and a Freeware-route on Corsica wich has many manually switches (some starting stations are working, others on same line section with same path causes not loading the route).
    And now the Huddersfield Line.
    All other were without any strange problems.

46. westcastlerail

Thank you 749006 and Frank351981 for your constructive ideas at troubleshooting.

After a long, pleasant and exhausting afternoon/evening of testing:-
    (Must say the route looks really nice when driving in all conditions / seasons.)

- No issues travelling WB from Huddersfield to Manchester - all successfully completed in various consists without issues.

- EB bound MCV to Hudd - tried QD in XC Voyager / 47 / 800 / HST - all resulting in PC crash 0.8 miles from Slaithwaite

- Played a EB bound career scenerio (01 MCV to Hull diverted in the 158) - unable to complete due to PC crash 0.8 miles from Slaithwaite

- Tried a QD Marsden to Huddersfield - with no AI (player train only) - unable to complete due to PC crash 0.8 miles from Slaithwaite

- Tried QD spawning in at different EB stations prior to Slaithwaite, with different destinations - no runs completed due to PC crash 0.8 miles from Slaithwaite.
    (can appreciate the comment that the QD markers are all over the place as to whether they are even they are present, actually possible, or Spawn the conists in the wrong direction (away from the platform).

- Have been in QD EB scenerio editor and had a good look round at Slaithwaite without any PC crashes.

Attached is a screen shot about 2 seconds away from where the crash happens (the double pine tree on the left seems to be the point).

My only option at the moment to avoid PC crashes is too terminate EB services at Marsden, run an imaginery rail replacement bus service to Huddersfield, and then respawn in at Huddersfield and continue to Leeds!

Screenshot_Huddersfield Line - Manchester to Leeds_53.61831--1.89578_13-14-19.jpg

47. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

Data point. Ran a QD Staly to Hudd no problems.

48. westcastlerail

Thanks for testing Dom5619 … but the issue happens for me before Slaithewaite Eastbound, (when starting at say Marsden or MCV).

If starting at Slaithwaite EB, then the problem area would be behind you.

49. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

I do not understand, then. Surely Stalybridge to Huddersfield complies with your eastbound problem area? I must be misreading but I am a few thousand miles away :).

• Like Like x 1