Holiday Express Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Dec 13, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I am currently loving it.
    Alot of thought has gone into this dlc. From the track to the scenery I have a SWR Class 484 running round the route at the moment on its own under no power (perpetual motion is fun).

I have to say I love the 8 bit theme as well.
    Yes theres only 7 scenarios but its fun and a great add on just for the young ones to get interested in in playing trains and then hopefully progressing onto the real routes. If its not for you , then fine its not for you, No one is forcing you to buy it. I had my doubts at first when they first announced it but I am really enjoying it.
    Well done guys.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 12
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you for the lovely feedback!

3. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

What a fun night that was playing this little DLC!. Now to let the Grandkids loose on it tomorrow.
    Merry Xmas everyone.

Regards
    Peter

• Like Like x 2
  4. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

The main question is where is this 20% discount that's mentioned. This DLC is priced at £7.99 in the Xbox store!

5. antony.henley

Might be ab xbox problem. I paid either £6.39 or was it £6.79 (cant remember) for it on the PS store.
    To be honest Its heap enough at £7.99

Hentis

6. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

Extra discount for PS plus members on the PSN store.....

7. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Excited to try this out later- was watching this on a stream and there's a lot of cool little features to use and tasks to complete outside of the train. Love to see stuff like that, like Canadian Oakville with some of the fueling tasks, etc

8. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

For what it is I am loving it. Bought it this morning for a discount (nice to see us PS users get a discount) and it's great fun. The scenarios are fun and easy and the rhymes and puns on Christmas movies are great. I've created a scenario that has a four coach HST running around the track because who didn't want an Intercity 125 train set when they were a kid? The house and setting being in the 1980s does remind me of my own childhood in the 80s and growing up. This is a fun little DLC and I hope DTG do something similar for next Christmas as well.... Oh and its nice to see Christmas is allowed to be used now on Content creator.

9. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Some nice touches too - the cardboard box with Transmogrifier wrote on it, that's from Calvin and Hobbes.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well I paid £7.99 on PS Store, so the discount was not applied to my purchase. I didn’t even know there was a discount to look for one, and I have previous experience of not getting any discounts because I am a PS player so never look for them other than in actual slaes. I’ll consider it as extra tax for being me if it was hidden. Was it a code or something that needed to be applied to get the discount?

11. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

The discount is for those who have a PS Plus subscription, so if you don’t have it, no discount.

12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s fair enough if it is but…

I got a promotional email after buying it saying there was a 20% discount (email should have been sooner, DTG) and it didn’t say it was for PS Plus only, it just said a launch discount. It was a bit late by then anyway and if the discount is just for PS Plus members then the email was not only too late but also misleading.

Maybe some clarification from DTG wouldn’t go amiss here as although it is too late for me maybe it will help other people to know the facts.

13. DTG JD

Game Pass discount can take up to a couple of days, annoyingly. It's a Microsoft thing, sadly. It's confirmed, but might take a little while to be added.

14. DTG JD

Will check in on this in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hells.high.lord666

That's what I saw! 20% launch discount for the first week that DIDN'T mention only being on Playstation! Worded that it was across all platforms!

• Like Like x 1
  16. hells.high.lord666

ME! I didn't want an HST trainset when I was a kid, only wanted freight because I found it more interesting. Someone bought me the powercars though and I was going to repaint them in Railfreight red and grey and have them running a high speed parcel train

• Like Like x 2
  17. antony.henley

Well you will be able to paint them in Railfreight red and grey in a few weeks when they are released in livery creator. Wohoo.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  18. DTG JD

To confirm: the discount is for PS Plus players only. We've amended the copy in the launch article, and for any future promotional comms. Apologies for any confusion.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

It's good everyone's enjoying it. I haven't had the chance to check it out but when I do I know my only goal. That is to make a scenario of this train set:
    Screenshot_20221214-105204_Google.jpg
    With my 4472 Flying Scotsman livery (https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/36169 Nothing like a selfless promotion lol)

• Like Like x 2
  20. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

As a route that had everyone saying "This was a waste of resources" this route was unsurprisingly imo executed very well. I was right Abt something just give it some time and this has to be one of the most fun DLCs I've played in a while

• Like Like x 6
  21. antony.henley

And this is one reason why I don't listen to the forum princesses on here. Best thing to do is make your own mind up in what YOU want todo.
    Glad you are enjoying it.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  22. ecwcaps11

ecwcaps11 New Member

Downloaded this today and can't find it anywhere in the game. Where should I look?

23. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Very fun and enjoyable. Here’s to more similar seasoned theme DLC in the future

• Like Like x 1
  24. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I love this as a fun little free roam route. Just the enjoyment of taking some little electric F7s, doing a little switching, and then running around the Christmas tree nonstop is very nice.

25. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. ecwcaps11

ecwcaps11 New Member

• Like Like x 1