Train Sim World 4 Nyc (j) Elevated Subway Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GoldenTicket420, Dec 8, 2022.

1. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Williamsburg Bridge : R179 J Train IMG_20221209_151723_806.jpg Hello Dovetail and Train Sim World community! I would like to make a proposal for the New York City J elevatated subway line as a potential DLC for Train Sim world 4...

New York City J train action

I first want to start with the length of the route would be about 30 miles or so starting from Broad Street in Manhattan to Jamaica Center in Queens with a total of 30 stops . The reason I chose the j-elevated subway instead of any of the other amazing Subway Lines? Well simply long story short it is the only subway line that runs about 40 minutes of the 58 minute Journey outside &above ground, so that means only 9 Minutes of tunnel which then means more beautiful scenery a little closer to how the Harlem Line looks around 125th Street throughout the full route. The J train would better feature Dynamic weather as you're driving through the Suburban parts of Queens with thunderstorms or afternoon Rush Hour as the sun sets entering the busy Williamsburg Bridge and disappearing into the tunnel under all of the skyscrapers. What makes New York City subway so unique to me?it's not just how the system was built in the 1930s and still operates today in tip top shape but because of its service announcements different variety and rolling stock and the various letters in numbers throughout the New York Transit branches, but most importantly the New York City subway runs 247.

The amount of noise these steel Beast generate.whether it's the click clacking of the hard Steel against the Aging tracks or the continuous looping of the doors closing violently as well as for what many New Yorkers remember or are familiar with are the announcements" stand clear of the closing doors please " with the follow up with chimes wow I miss and love New York just talking about it LOL.Both older and newer model trains have their pros and cons alongside with their own notoriety with the older Rolling Stock with their iconic Hissing air brakes before the departure & the newer Rolling Stock with their Siemens and Kawasaki traction Motors giving them their distinct acceleration and deceleration sounds making for much appreciated fandom over the raw velocity and intense speed as the train rolls on past you!

The Rolling Stock would consist of 5 trains two of which are retired the R32 and R42 but if placed in a timeline between 2006 and 2016 all Rolling Stock can be implemented along the Route for realism. The other three trains would be the newer models to replace the older stock which are the R179, r160, r143. Big thank you and big shoutout Lone Wolf97 for providing the pictures he personally taking of the J train line!

I want to make a special shout out to a great group of people and good friends welcome to an experience for giving me permission to use this J train footage for the purpose of my proposal Please be sure to check them out on YouTube Welcome to an experience for front view drives of various New York City Subway lines in 4k.

https://youtube.com/@wtaenyc

Disclaimer : This video is owned and recorded by welcome to an experience and has given me/Goldenticket420 permission to use and post this video for the purpose of my Train Sim world J train proposal. I will make the link unlisted and the video will go public the first week of January:). I hope you all enjoy and please go over to welcome to an experience and say hello! They have amazing videos and highly recommend you check them out cheers!

What New York City subway train track noise sounds like!! I'm pretty sure it's going to be a little difficult for the audio team to balance all of the sounds, which I still think is dovetail's biggest weakness and I'm hoping to see more veteran sound engineers and a maybe more experienced audio team to help deliver a better experience.

This video will be available on Friday! Be sure to check out to help give you a better feel for the route. The video starts off as a beautiful sunny day and around 32 minutes mark starts to get gloomy with a unpredictable weather change. Such a beautiful video it's a must see guarantee cheers!

20210303_134854.jpg 20210622_142936_032_saved.jpg 20210622_143633.jpg 20210303_125647.jpg

Other NYC Subway Suggestion's :

NYC 4 - 5 -6 Subway lines for Train Sim World 3 https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/nyc-subway-4-5-6-trains-lexington-ave-line.33196/

NYC A - C - E Subway lines for Train Sim World 3 https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/nyc-subway-a-c-e-trains-8-ave-line.36281/

More on the New York City J Subway line,maps,route information,history,etc.
    J/Z (New York City Subway service) - Wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J/Z_(New_York_City_Subway_service)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 29
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You need to remember some of the trains here like R160A-1 8313-8376 have switches for automatic train operation on the L & M trains because part of their route actually runs on communication based train control. L Train Whole Route M train Fifth Avenue 53rd Street 2 Forest Hills 71st Avenue via 51st Street East Side IRT.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoldenTicket420

In this Suggestion I am just focusing on the J line Which can leave Any other line As a Layered DLC. There is already A post that suggest all three Are Together But has since been locked Because of A member spamming and bumping Sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about this and for the layers I can see them being A train R179 M train R160A-1 including 8313-8376. I'm wondering if there are Museum trains on the route of these only BMT Gate Cars can run here and any IRT elevated lines in the Bronx and queens. When it comes to animating the AI passengers they shouldn't be inside the elevated gate cars during the tunnel section they need to be moving towards the steel cars.

• Like Like x 3
  5. GoldenTicket420

That's a good question. I'm not too sure About Museum trains but They can add The retired R32 and R46. I believe Museum trains only ride along The BMT

• Like Like x 1
  6. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Oh yes another request for the NYC Subway. I believe this type of request was made a few years back and got quite a lot of traction.

My only hope is DTG is watching and thinking about adding something related to the NYC Subway again.
    As always I'm always willing to communicate with them about the licensing issues. I still work in the MTA and I can say if we gave our license for the Metro-North add-on and Long Island Railroad as well. The NYC Subway might be a little more complicated, but I would think it could still be doable. I always up to helping get one route of the NYC Subway to TSW.

The J/Z lines or Jamaica Line as a whole are highly requested lines, both for their variety of rolling stock and the unique structure they run on. They also don't intertwine with other routes that might make it complicated to add. (excluding the M line)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Great suggestion :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Since dtg does have the mta license, I'm sure they can make any part of the route, including subways. The main issue comes down with the busy timetable and how the dispatcher would cope with everything that happens. Cuz the subway system is massive with lots of traffic and different stuff going on. Joe could make the timetable but then the main issues that could arise are pathing issues or red light issues that could cause roadblocks and all that. And since the dispatcher isn't dynamic if you run late or stuff like that, there could be consequences. I think it's the sheer complexity and busyness that makes it difficult for dtg to really deliver the subway experience

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Help as we can't play the vid here.
    Maybe use the link as a workaround? I mean the "Watch in YouTube" button.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. GoldenTicket420

Thank you for letting me know. The settings On my friends Account Is Enabled To You having to watch the video on YouTube, So just click on the link Or on the YouTube button And you should be able to watch As soon as it takes you to YouTube... I have the raw uncut version of the video I will be Posting In a week or two Thanks to welcome to an experience.When I do post the video I will add the link here as well But for the meantime please Go Check out The video on YouTube, It is a way better video It has many more Amazing videos to check out!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

This would be epic. The J is the PERFECT candidate for TSW - subway briefly in Manhattan (and again in Queens), and elevated over the bridge, through Williamsburg, all the way to Jamaica. The only thing I worry about it the potential for DTG to recycle scenery as it rattles over Brooklyn and Queens. They’d also have to nail the skyline over the bridge - if that’s not perfect, it’s not worth it. But - I have faith (and hope) that this will happen some day. 100% behind this proposal.

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

Excellent point and during the Rush Hours AM & PM Myrtle Ave to Marcy Ave station which is actually on top of I-278 there has to be Z train express East of Myrtle ave Broadway Skip stop pattern all the way to Jamaica LIRR subway platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GoldenTicket420

I think Once Dovetail figures out the dispatcher fully & Better alternative for memory issues Maybe Unreal engine 5.I truly believe DTG Will do an amazing job With the exception of not Being perfect , Which to me is more than enough Considering The amount of pressure They Would go though , Not even including The mass size of the project And budget of course! I also wanted to quickly say what's up Chris Long time no speak lol I hope you and your loved ones are doing good Bro it's good to see you:)

I Do you want to say I agree With you & Please ask Dtg If you do Consider this suggestion Try to invest Into more NYC assets That way you guys can create A much More accurate Atmosphere, Realism Amongst Native New Yorkers. I want to point out When you watch the video Above, Getting a small Visual of how the tunnels look As well As The Mixture of Different buildings Varying from 1950s - 2018 & literally graffiti everywhere .I think a good way to Closely replicated without spending too much time Concentrated detailing one area, Maybe customise The assets you have to make them look different Or even add Fictional Names to Buildings Throughout the route Making It feel And Look like real life. Now for the trains as I have been stressing since 2018 On Long Island Railroad Track noise from subway trains And many of the New York City trains Are loudly present throughout the journey Inside the train And outside the train And not just While running over Junctions! This I know is going to be one of the biggest challenges ,You guys have come along Way since 2018 And for some of you even from train Sim classic. I believe you guys can do this As you proven and shown time and Time again The countless obstacles you guys Continually and Professionally Overcome.. Thank you guys for spending the time to read this I'd like to personally Thank You dovetail All the hard work that you guys Do And the constant updating The community is very well appreciated.Happy holidays To all of you In dovetail staff and To our awesome community Cheers and Stay safe Out there!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

This would be a great route. I hope DTG will consider but I doubt NYCT will cooperate with DTG since it can be seen as a public safety hazard to let a game teach you how to operate their trains. But hey maybe it will happen one day, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's definitely possible since dtg has the license making them more likely to make the route. If a nyc subway route came out, we would want dtg to make it right and make it feel like a subway. Give it the Joe timetable. Make sure everything works out in terms of having no red light/pathing issues and make sure the sounds are truly representative of the subway. Make the scenery right. Bakerloo still struggles with the sound aspect, so we want dtg to make this right

• Like Like x 1
  16. GoldenTicket420

I would love to have Joe Burgess work on the timetable considering he did an amazing job on literally everything he touches LOL. Big shout out to Joe on the London commuter! I think before we ever see a New York City subway route dovetail will more than likely attempt another UK subway route first which I welcome in the hope and likeliness dovetail will only get better and better as time goes on, like an aging wine haha. Fingers crossed and the best of luck to them attempting any Subway it would only benefit the future of content

• Like Like x 1
  17. driverwoods#1787

I agree and he must go to the MTA website schedule section and then find the PDF file for the J & Z train schedule. Upon downloading the PDF file Joe Burgess needs to know that the late-night patterns run every 20 minutes then towards the end of late night to AM rush then it's every 10 minutes. Let's see if he can handle Improved LIRR schedules from September 6th 2022. Let Matt do the Timetable for the J & Z trains pre Joe era then it's simply an LIRR 2.0

• Like Like x 1
  18. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

This is a great write up GT2 I would like to see this one and the F :).

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoldenTicket420

Thank you Train simulator driver Same here I love the F Train It's my favourite subway route!! Both great candidates for a route. The only problem with the F train line Is that it uses a safety system called CBTC Which Is a Complex System When it does work But would definitely be a challenge To replicate... Despite me saying that I will contradict myself For the purpose of "i want "lol Dovetale can do it !!

20. subzero169

subzero169 Member

A lot of great memories being on the R32/R42 going over the Williamsburg Bridge

• Like Like x 1
  21. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. With the Glasgow subway being in Train Simulator Classic and the London Underground being in Train Sim World, I definitely think that the devs can pull off a NYC subway route for TSW. I say that lightly because there are so many details that need to accurately be captured such as the graffitti, elevated trestles, signal timers, audio, and NYC style apartments, houses and condos. OpenBVE does a superb job with capturing the feel of the NYC subway but it would be great to see if the devs can achieve that for TSW.

If the J line is implemented in TSW, I would like for it to be set with a 2016-2018 timetable, so it includes the R32, R42, R143, R160 and R179 subway cars. All in all, I would be amazed if the entire NYC subway system was featured in 1 whole map for TSW so you can easily transfer between services, take trains in and out of service. I would also like there to be delays in game which would mimic what actually occurs in real life since there are delays due to train traffic ahead, broken rail, reroutes, and sick passengers. Hopefully since the name of the simulator is Train Sim World, it would be cool if the devs capture the subway feel by implementing all NYC subway routes into 1 single map. It would be a huge undertaking since there is very little to no room for error but I am confident it can be accomplished. There is so much reference material out there such as blueprints for the subway cars, track layouts for the lines, and schedules.

• Like Like x 3
  22. GoldenTicket420

I was thinking the same thing with the variety of rollingstock! 2016 to 2018 would be great, and would love to have the options for older and new trains to operate

23. GoldenTicket420

Should we expect to see a Subway route release this summer or would you say may be next year? I'm thinking maybe next year but you never know.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  24. driverwoods#1787

Good question and if they make it this year I would see these scenarios where you put them next to a BKL 1972 Stock Mark II and reverse BKL 1972 Stock running Z train Nassau Express

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Not a fan of US stuff but I love the NY subway so I would certainly buy this. Though personally I'd go for a
    A/C/E to Far Rockaway.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Wow those subway cars really can move! Accelerate I mean...
    This is a great proposal.

I'd like to see at least one more British subway like Picadilly and/or District Lines, a Paris subway line and at least two NY subway lines.

• Like Like x 2
  27. GoldenTicket420

Yeah, I would love to see something like rush-hour where we get subway route from each of the three countries. New York City subway for US, piccadilly, or Julie B subway for the UK and some thing, perhaps for Germany, which I'm not too familiar with, but open to considering they have great stuff. Another two or would like to add, maybe perhaps some thing of French subway with the hopes of focus entertainment being able to access more locations because of origin, and another good mention could be Canadian subway as it is very, very nice and modern.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  28. GoldenTicket420

Another good choice definitely is the A/C/E which is the longest out of all of the subway lines in New York. There is a proposal made by mystic zeenoes. I would like to thank you, and all the supporters that stepped out their comfort zone to try something new for the many who are familiar, thank you too for all of the support :)

• Like Like x 2
  29. GoldenTicket420

Lol would be nice and thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. driverwoods#1787

The 8th Avenue line is what you are looking for I wonder if Queens Boulevard line my suggestion will be successful in the game or probably they will want something like Lexington Ave and Eastern Parkway lines.

31. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

But will dovetail add the audio for instance, station announcements the stay and clear for closing doors the door charm station, announcements, and most importantly correct, audio for the traction motors

• Like Like x 1
  32. GoldenTicket420

Good question but of course something I can't answer. I just hope we get a chance to get any New York City subway line and I'm sure the community would assist and support with whatever they need.

• Like Like x 1
  33. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

GT2 - fist bump! - would LOVE to see the J/Z. Would also LOVE to see the A from 207 to Far Rock. If they did the A, it would be so easy to bake in the E/C (throw in the E WTC terminal) as services. They could also add the B/D between 125 and Columbus circle. It’d be a long route with a ton of stations, but man, would it be epic. One thing it would HAVE to include is the tunnel/ROW graffiti - I know the MTA doesn’t want the route to “look” vandalized, but let’s be honest, there are more sections of tunnel and track that have graffiti vs sections that don’t (also - some of that graffiti is awesome).

Anyway, NYC forever. Much love to you!!

• Like Like x 1