Same Old Same Old

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rattyfus, Dec 8, 2022.

1. rattyfus

rattyfus New Member

Was everyone happy with the spin on the continued lack of progress for PlayStation players on the December Roadmap stream?
    I found myself terminating the stream in a state of baffled fury. We heard first of a silly Christmas add-on, followed by a world of waffle about how it will still be months (most likely) until there is any chance that PS players can install all the routes that they have spent their hard-earned cash on.
    Am I being unfair? What is your experience of this ongoing problem?
    Given that we are now informed that PS4 also had a DLC limit do we believe that DTG ever tested on PlayStation and now we, the paying public, are being left to reap the whirlwind?
    I’d like to canvas some views, so feel free to hold forth. PS players only, please.

• Like Like x 7
  2. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Can’t say I am happy but can’t say I am surprised. Haven’t watched the stream and probably won’t bother having read the roadmap.

It is what it is and I am not buying anything on PS4 or 5 at the mo as I have a flat to heat and food to buy.

Maybe I’ll still be interested once the manager goes live but currently it’s all a bit ‘meh’ to be honest.

couldn’t care less about train sets, rivet route extensions and 1,000 suggestions for another identical German route or why GWE should be set in 2022 so I check the forums once a day and then go back to work.

Ho hum

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m getting bored of the wait. But I would still rather it took a couple more months than come out and it breaks more stuff. The release of the TSW2 version was fairly smooth for me. I raised a few tickets and I think they were all resolved within a week. So I’m only playing TSW2 now on PS5.

I switched to XBox/PC for new stuff as I just don’t love my PlayStation anymore. That’s not just because of TSW. I just seem to have more issues with it than I ever had on PS 1 to 4. In a lot of ways, I regret even buying it in the first place.

I don’t think you’re being unfair. It has taken a really long time. With so much DLC coming out recently I just can’t be bothered with the constant shuffling anymore. But let’s hope it’s not too much longer and that it actually works.

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm mostly playing BCC at the moment so it's not been a huge issue (I have all my UK routes installed, a couple of the US ones, and maybe one or two Germans, but nowhere near the full amount I own) BUT I very much doubt I'll be buying any more until it's sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

I wanna know where the "Hoping to get the first HALF of pres crew updates out before xmass" went to. I know TSW2 isnt the new shiny cashcow but bloody hell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

Mate I feel your pain I’m still waiting on them to fix the broken dlc in tsw2 before I waste money on another version of the game that doesn’t do as advertised… I’ve not had the patience to watch a roadmap stream since the “we are slowing down on dlc to focus the team on the known bugs in the game” following day Buy spirit of steam it’s great Just don’t touch the brakes and don’t worry about the random spads… it’s a shame they only talk a good game…

• Like Like x 2
  7. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

Current status

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I didn’t watch the roadmap stream. Words are meaningless now to me. I’m losing all faith with DTG.

• Like Like x 6
  9. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

I have said it before DTG are in no hurry to fix the download limit on PS5 for TSW3. There simply isn’t enough of us for them to bother about and given the fix is in place for TSW2 they continue to consider it low priority.

Let’s also not forget that it’s now over a year since we were promised rushour passengers on London Commuter that affects everybody but again in the scheme of their things once again it’s a low priority. The route was nothing more than an experiment for DTG to see how many services they could get in a route. Over 1,000 but so many are just 3/4 minutes long it’s pointless.

Remember over a year ago they told us they were going to look at the maps, which currently is no more than a squiggly line, and what’s happened - absolutely nothing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Certainly not surprised. DTG has a track record of alienating their own community (re: Flight Sim World) with poor decision making. If this was a bigger genre of game, they would be leaving a gaping wide door open for another player to come in and sweep away their most successful franchise. As it is now, the paying consumer gets promised a load of goods then fleeced for years living on the hope that some fixes will come. For me I'm giving TSW3 to the six month mark from launch to get their stuff together, else I'm done with the franchise.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

I can remember that there was a similar thread not so long ago, which was handled like the "Open Letter Nr. 4".... Or was it Nr. 5 ?

I certainly remember the one Stream where they broke the silence and even Matt told that he is unhappy where the Game is atm.

I dont know how long ago it was but it was way before the release of TSW3. When i first heard of TSW3, I imagined that this would mean two things: A "sort of" new Game with new Routes and some new features (basically what we got) PLUS a huge free update with the main problems and bugs fixed (what we didn't got).

With TSW3 they introduced new bugs and problems, which was to expect. And since then the list of problems is ever growing.

I still enjoy TSW in its whole but really lost the faith that DTG can do the turnaround, if that will even be possible at some point, because now i think it would be better to completely trash it and start all over again instead of trying to fix one thing, but in that time two new problems occured.

For me personally its easy, im not spending any money for TSW since the purchase of TSW3. Maybe if there are signs that they finally will resolve the big ones i'll come back. Till then i can at least enjoy most of my collection (where i dont run into known problems of course).

• Like Like x 2
  12. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Or they could have made only 200 services and missed the whole point of rush hour if that's what you want. Having a truly busy route is not pointless. Sure there are issues, but it's still the busiest tsw route to date and an enjoyable experience to me.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. StrikeEagle78

I'm with you 100%. I will continue to enjoy what I have in TSW2, but won't reward DTG with more funds while they have created a mostrosity in TSW3 and continuing to ho hum on promised last fixes for TSW2. In a way I feel bad for the dev team and the community team for TSW. They seem like a good bunch of people. I suspect the problem (like in many companies) is poor management at the top screaming for more money and pushing devs to put something incomplete out the door to get cash before the end of year. It's a terribly sad way of doing business if you end up alienating existing customers. Who knows, maybe they have data with estimates on "acceptable attrition" by angering existing customers with the release of a new version of the game that wasn't even needed or asked for. Anyhow, like I've posted elsewhere, I'll wait until 2 March to see if they can turn TSW3 around to at least an acceptable level at the 6 month mark. Else it will just be a simple uninstall for me (thankfully in my case it was a gamepass download and not an actual purchase).

• Like Like x 4
  14. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Actually they would not miss the major point of rush hour density of trains - those short services would still be there, but only as AI sevices, not driveable by the player.

Anyway, it doesn't matter that DTG made those few minutes runs driveable - if someone doesn't like it (like me, too short to bother) may just skip it.

15. Nathan Kemp

Nathan Kemp Active Member

I haven't watched a road map in a long time, nor have I even read the road map. Dovetail promise so much but deliver so little. They will tell you what you want to hear,. They can talk the talk, but can't walk the line.

Regards,
    Nathan Kemp.

• Like Like x 5
  16. StrikeEagle78

You haven't missed much. Announce a new route with flashy marketing, talk about fixes that may never come to fruition, repeat. If only more money was put into fixing the core sim and less on flashy marketing to sucker more people we may be in a better place.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

I swear the TSW2 preserved collection update is never going to happen. Its always "Waiting for a window to release" Just bloody release it with you next dlc??

• Like Like x 1
  18. rennekton#1349

There's probably also a bunch of other stuff to release as well and get tested. Things will be stuck in qa or release waiting for release a while based on the history of tsw

19. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

Just come back to TSW3 after some time away. It’s a frustrating play. As much as I want to enjoy the experience, it’s incredibly hard when scenery pops in so brutally, it’s juddery as heck and the experience is thus ruined by this. I probably shouldn’t have played games like MSFS and Gran Turismo 7 in the interim! I’m on PS5 by the way, and have invested in this game from the beginning, having spent hundreds on DLC. It’s 2023 DTG, it’s time to up your game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DmitriSkif

DmitriSkif Active Member

Oh, come on. Don't forget we've also been promised with a content creation tools for TSW. Many people just bought the game only for that. :o

• Like Like x 2
  21. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

All we need now is a Train Simulator Dev strike :o

22. Nathan Kemp

Nathan Kemp Active Member

I personally think that all new routes and locos should be put on hold. They need to go through the current routes and locos with a fine tooth comb. It would seem to me that the issues with the game are getting bigger and bigger and the list keeps growing. But we all know this will never happen.

Seriously Dovetail its time to get a grip and wakeup.

• Like Like x 3
  23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's not as simple as that. Each updated DLC is downloaded in full, so if they release all of them at once you'll be downloading all your content again (an issue for those not on unlimited broadband)

If you buy something on the promise or suggestion of something else, that's on you. People can say all sorts of things, but until it's reality why would you waste your money? That's like marrying someone in the hopes they turn out looking like their mother...

Without a stream of money coming in DTG would die from a lack of cashflow.
    Essentially with the amount of things people keep asking for (new and fixes) there will never be a point where the game is "finished" so by many metrics the game would never be released.
    I think your comment of "the list keeps growing" is also unbalanced. There have been fixes and things are getting better in some areas, even if other areas remain unfixed. As an example red lights on many routes have been more than halved, but people see a red light and lump it in one basket as "unfixed". It's not helpful to do this and not really a reflection of reality

With regards to the main topic of the DLC loader. Matt has said (I think it's on facebook somewhere) that they're working on the TSW2 full fix for the DLC loader and then will port it into TSW3 and that so far this has worked well. He's also confirmed that the Sony implemented DLC SIZE limit and the Sony implemented DLC NUMBER limit are both avoided by the fix they're working on, so (fingers crossed) when that fix is completed and released (I won't say tested, we can only ask for so much) hopefully these things will be of the past and we can move on with finding other things to moan about

• Like Like x 3
  24. rennekton#1349

The team that fixes bugs and the team that makes content is different I believe

• Like Like x 2
  25. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

They have said before if they don't make new DLC's they don't make any money. If they make no money, we get no updates because they'll no longer be in business.

• Like Like x 1
  26. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends on the bug and how old the route is from what I've gathered from the various streams on the subject
    Some changes in the core, or the UI and done by specific teams. Changes, add ons and tweaks to older routes are done by the preserved team. Some other issues are either done by a "main team" or they put specific devs / engineers on them - such as the xbox sound issue

27. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

The biggest fix we need is for people to lodge their complaints as bug reports :D and let DTG get on with making TSW the game we all want

28. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

Agree, spend way over 700€ for a game thad you aren't allow to play (the whole content) because they and Sony bitching around with the 64gb limitation!
    No I'm not switching so Xbox, pc or ps4! I paying for the game on PS5! FS

What they expected? Ppl on playstation spending hard earn money to play! Of course we get mad

Cheers

• Like Like x 1