PC Look What I Found

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by graham.haddon, Dec 10, 2022.

1. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Please see screenshots of what I found just outside New Street Station on the Cross City route. Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png Screenshot (7).png Screenshot (8).png

2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Unless I’m mistaken, this is nothing more than a portal line, which only AI trains can use. This is nothing new and is a thing in pretty much every TSW route.

Notice how there’s little to no scenery which means the player is not ‘meant’ to see this part of the map. I wouldn’t get your hopes up in terms of Soho depot coming to this route anytime soon, if ever.

• Like Like x 5
  3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its a little bit of a down, since the depo is kind of close to the accessable tracks.

4. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

I suspect they were going to include it but then left it unfinished. You wouldn't model yard tracks beyond the player boundaries unless you originally intended to do something with them. It would be a waste of time as it serves no purpose.

Same old story with DTG. The Canadian route was the same. Released before finished and tested.

• Like Like x 3
  5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's probably autogenerated stuff. Dtg do use autogen and then make manual edits themselves. Almost every single route has track we can't use at all

6. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Maybe scenery could be added to this section via the unofficial editor at some point in time

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

As far as I recall, Matt said that track-laying is a rather uncomplicated affair that sometimes happens months before any actual work on the route and rolling stock starts. As such, tracks may be modelled for stuff that might theoretically be included (however unlikely) and only when the actual work starts is the decision made on what to actually include.

• Like Like x 1
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

That will be Soho, Which you can gain access too (consoles) by staying in an ECS service that leads from B'ham New Street about 1943 in the evening. If you stay in the freight trains at Kings Norton as they go "off world" you go a long way past Lawley street.
    Yes Matt has said that the track goes in first. Usually they do more than what's going into the route. But yeah BCC shows an awful lot of unseen track. Which is accessible via console as well. For instance I ran upto the point on Ruhr Sieg Nord where the line goes left to Finnentrop. The lines were not their but the OHLE masts were. The lines were still in situ though for Dortmund.

Hentis

The ECS sitting in the sidings at Soho.... (done on the PS5).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Having said that though the line from Kings Norton - Lawley street has some bits of scenery on it. It does look "nice" although a bit roughly done if you get my meaning. The line goes up a lot more than Lawley street. (I think its Lawley street).
    (All PS5 Shots)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  10. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

I would have to guess that, yes, that is Lawley Street Freightliner Terminal,

Fun fact: It is just down the road from Duddeston station

Good shots there ;)

11. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

I guess the 'bean counters' drew a line

12. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

It happened in TSC too - for example London-Peterborough has track laid for the entire Hertford Loop despite the scenery only going up to Bowes Park.