London Victoria-east Grinstead

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by ihatecheeseguy, Dec 1, 2018.

1. ihatecheeseguy

ihatecheeseguy New Member

I always wanted to have a london victoria to east grinstead line with ai Gatwick express class 422 or 387 and southern class 377 and 455 and with all the station included.

2. nickglanf

nickglanf New Member

Used to catch the the train from Lingfield to London Victoria in the mid 80’s. BR used DEMU Thumpers back then on the East Grinstead to Victoria route. Would be good route to drive on TS.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I cannot advise on that route but AFAIK there isn't one. However ArmstongPowerhouse do an excellent 205 Thumper if you want a bit of nostalgia.
    < That's it in my profile pic.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. S.E.M. 34090

S.E.M. 34090 Member

If a Victoria - East Grinstead route was to be done then it'd be great to see the Bluebell included (I know there's a version on SSS, but it'd be nice to have it as a combined route) and/or the line down to Uckfield. That's if it has to be yet another modern route with yet another Electrostar included.
    Far more interesting would be a 1950s/60s era route (and I say this as an exponent of the pre-grouping period) containing Victoria - Lewes via East Grinstead and Uckfield, plus the branch from Horsted Keynes to Haywards Heath and the line from East Grinstead to Eridge (and thence to Tunbridge Wells West over what is now the Spa Valley Railway). I know that the latter has now been modelled in TS, same as the Bluebell has. The 1950s/60s would allow a nice selection of diesel, steam and electric stock to be in evidence.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Just looked at UKTS and they have Branch lines to East Grinstead set in the 1950s. Am downloading it now and will post my opinions later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.E.M. 34090

S.E.M. 34090 Member

I don't have all of the requirements, so have bits missing, but my impression of the route is that it is very nicely done with a plethora of custom assets.

7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is already the London to Brighton route which covers the line to South Croydon - beyond that point most trains are Class 377 emus.
    And there is the South London Network which also runs to South Croydon but includes a lot more lines.