Paddington To Bristol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armardar, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Armardar

Armardar Member

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to connect GWML from reading to Bristol in a continuous scenario?
    Thanks
    Arm

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Just Trains do a Western Mainlines add on which has this route

3. Armardar

Armardar Member

I worked that out to be 100s in dlc though :( I just want to take a 166 to Bristol from pads without any hastle

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Sorry, the short answer is no. Only Paddington to Oxford on GWML. Although you could look in the Workshop.

5. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

The JustTrains Western Mainlines only required the European Loco and Asset pack, which comes with a lot of routes.

6. ARuscoe

Nope, it's £25 from JT and you can drive a 166 from Temple Meads to Paddington all day if you wanted, or swap it out for an 801 or anything else you wanted

7. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

The Western Mainlines has Paddington to Oxford, Paddington to Cardiff and Paddington to Exeter Via Bristol all in One Route and you can get the extentions to Bicester Town, Plymouth and Paignton as DLC and Penzance is coming Soon so you be able to Drive the full length from Paddington to Penzance.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. ARuscoe

I have some of he extensions, but just checked my setup and you CAN run a quickdrive on the western mainlines route. Just starting an 801 from Bristol to Paddington to test it

9. Armardar

Armardar Member

Oh really? ...... I might buy tonight if that's the case

Are there many scenarios available for it

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look on the Just Trains Website for more info - the route runs from Paddington to Bristol Parkway and to Cardiff and from Bristol Parkway to Exeter via Bristol

Peter

11. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Just to add to 749006s post there’s a pretty good map on their website which shows the route splitting at Swindon and then either allowing you to get to Bristol TM north via Bristol Parkway or south via Bath.

The route from PAddington to Bristol is pretty good, but the extension that takes it West I’m less keen on. Hopefully when the Cornwall extension eventually arrives it will be worthwhile.

As much as people complain about DTG prices JustTrains is not cheap. Western Mainlines (excluding the Devon and Bicester extensions) is nearly $40. They do have sales but they’re less frequent than Steam, the items more limited than Steam and the discounts much smaller. You can also find the routes on sites like Aerosoft. Sometimes there are some small pricing differences.

Customer service from JT is middling. I find I get more issues with JT downloads (which they always blame on false virus checking) than anyone else. Their scenarios also tend to use a lot of JT rolling stock which for the most part is more expensive than items on Steam. For overseas buyers my experience is that their shop is far more likely to reject credit cards than other sites but they do have Paypal as an alternate.

In the past JT routes would in time turn end up on Steam and therefore be more attractively priced. The lag in them moving to Steam from the JT site seems to be growing and the addition of Routes onto Steam slowing. When they arrive on Steam DTG always suggest they are new, when in fact they’ve been in circulation for some time.

12. ARuscoe

You get loads of scenarios in the download itself BUT most of them use JT rolling stock (such as the 220, 60 etc) and they are great at including the scenarios from all the extensions in the core download (thereby driving you to buy the damn extensions too)

So yeah, not without fault but not the worst.

One of the best ones I've had with the JT Mainline is a scenario that starts at one of the extension stations that I didn't yet have, but I had the consist, so it loaded the train and the basic scenario but no platforms!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Armardar

Armardar Member

To alk who advised me on this list tyvm.... I bought western Mainlines .. Personally its simply the best route I own amazing !

14. ARuscoe

Nice... Next piece of advice is to get London - Peterborough (which gets you the 800) and then the GWR reskin, and boom you have the IET running from Exeter or Cardiff to Paddington

15. Armardar

Armardar Member

This is exactly what I was thinking.... Although I already have the ecml to petb

So if I grab the reskin do you have any advice on getting 801 scenarios for the route? Do you know of anywhere that sell or distribute those scenarios. .. If not how hard it is to whip up a quick express scenario from pads to card

16. ARuscoe

I have messaged you