We Need To Hold Dtg To The Same Standards The Flight Sim Community Hold Their Sim Too

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pessitheghost, Dec 17, 2022.

1. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

And what are these standards? I know nothing about flight sims, apart from the fact that flight sims are more popular than train sims, and that therefore, the budgets are quite different.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Why should I lower my standards to those of DCS and the likes? The last 3rd party aircraft for MSFS I bought did not load for a week until it was fixed. I don't know why I should want that in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you write your thoughts, it might make for a more interesting thread. I have no idea about what standard the flight sim community hold their sim to (I’m assuming you mean the manufacturers of the sim and not holding the code to account, shouting at ones and zeros doesn’t give great results). How do they go about this, what examples are there of these community interventions? I need something to go on before I can comment on whether it would be possible to do the same to DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  5. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

My thoughts are

1. I like macaroni cheese
    2. My cat Bernard is a bit chubby currently
    3. I may have a whiskey and ginger ale in a bit
    Is that what you meant?

• Like Like x 12
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

308.png

• Like Like x 5
  7. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

My experience of MSFS and Asobo, at least initially was of an over bloated bug riddled product in which basic functions like autopilot and the save game failed to work correctly. Maybe it's different now, haven't played for a while but Asobo and MS seemed more intent on releasing new content and tweaking the low hanging fruit than fixing major bugs!

• Like Like x 1
  9. pessitheghost

With the flight sim community (DCS World and MSFS) their game is optimised on console, frequent gameplay updates, and constantly communicate with the community in their forums... Also constant bug fixes and they keep to promises made about fixing the game.... TSW3 on the other hand is buggy and some routes are poorly optimised *cough SEHS*, and some of the models and sounds aren't done properly. Things like that don't slide in the flight community. Dovetail games have a game that can literally be one of the best games, not saying that they aren't trying, but they need to fix existing bugs and routes before making new ones.... I purchased Train Sim World 3 thinking bugs would be fixed, but same old bugs glossed over a new game. That's why I said that. DTG really need to fix the gamebreaking bugs

• Like Like x 1
  10. pessitheghost

I must say as much as the game has bugs, They somewhat make efforts to fix the major ones...

11. pessitheghost

not talking about DLC.... talking about bugs and glitches

12. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone with it on Series X - pull the other one

It's a bloatwarey mess where the content manager is a complete fiasco not fit for purpose on console, where you can't even free up space by uninstalling packages because it reserves the damn space anyway even after deleting them, the game itself is riddled with bugs, often rendering certain aircraft impossible to fly and requiring ludicrous workarounds where there is a way to fix it (like the pelican being unable to steer if launched from the ground rather than starting midair, or the helicopters constantly banking right on launch irrespective of any input)

• Like Like x 2
  13. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Out of interest, does ehinlanwoemmanuel own and play flight sim? If so, on what machine (PC or Console)?

14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I went to fire it up last night for a "quick" flight while waiting for SimRail to sort out their servers and was immediately confronted by a massive update download, which will probably take over an hour to acquire and that's before acquiring the additional in game content like the A310. Being the wag I am, I have on more than one occasion referred to it as Microsoft *Download* Simulator.

So back on TSW instead.

And I'm sure more than a few of the bugs which put me off back at the start particularly the save game and autopilot issues, will still be present.

If it wasn't for the fact that FSX is not very Win 10 UHD friendly, I much prefer that (doesn't bloat out my HD either).

15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

As soon as any of them are available on PS5, I'll let you know.

16. pessitheghost

Both actually... and no need to mention my name, just ask "do you play flight sim on console or PC"

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  17. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Ok cool, I just wanted to know.

And I will bear that in mind next time, thanks for telling me.

Do you have a preference between PC and Console for Flight Sim?
    What about Train Sim?

18. pessitheghost

I mean both are my most played games. I only really use PC when i cant use the console because of my girlfriend wanting to watch tv

• Like Like x 1
  19. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Aren't the flight sim games made with a vastly superior budget?

20. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I don't think budget affects how many bugs there are or how often they fix bugs or how they deal with bugs and all that. There are games with huge budgets that fix games by making them worse, lots of bugs present, etc. And there are smaller budget studios that take the game seriously and provide constant bug fixes while not going 2 steps back.

• Like Like x 1
  21. pessitheghost

my point exacttly

22. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

When you do the math, you might find out that TSW ain´t exactly a cheap game. In fact, it´s f..beep.. expensive. I´ve spent some € 600 for my DLCs and I know of people who´ve spent even more.
    What does DTG do with this budget? Growing bugs and planting even more with their "patches"?
    I´ve paid much less for sophisticated games from the so called big-budget studios and - oh heaven´s wonders - there´re hardly any bugs.

Naaaahhh, this is not a question of having more or less budget at your disposal. This is about the fish perspective, which stinks from the head.